The new Slipknot

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For all those that haven't heard it, you should. The two tracks I've heard were more like the 2nd album than the first, but it is still very good. Corey has the best damn scream!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heard 6 songs live when I saw them 3 weeks ago. All very good and there is a SLOW song.

Deano

Awards
Does anyone know when the album comes out, i know it is this month but when? Yea slipknot is one of the only bands that sound better live then on CD. I saw then at the Pledge of Alegiance tour with mudvien, system of a down, american head charge and a few others. That was a great concert.Deano

TooL

Awards
For all those that haven't heard it, you should. The two tracks I've heard were more like the 2nd album than the first, but it is still very good. Corey has the best damn scream!
I thought the 2nd album was much better. They are both damn good though.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I've worked many many shows in my day doing security and Slipknot was one of the better ones I've seen. Corey screams better than anyone, but I hated the sideproject. Missed their show here a few nights ago, but can't wait to see them at Ozzfest, especially with Hatebreed being there. I can remember back in the day when those two bands hated eachother.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
comes out the 25th
you can find a bunch of live/new tracks at www.slipknot-metal.com
the video for "duality" is on www.launch.com but you need a yahoo account to see it
this album is going to kick some major pop-star ass!

ManBeast

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I heard a couple tracks from it too like last week or so. It sounded descent, but it wasn't as heavy as the first. I like the first the most too....I got my Ozzfest tickets and I'm ready to maush my ass off!!!

I can't wait to see Phil's new band superjoint ritual....I haven't had the chance as of late....plus, slayer, etc....its about time ozzfest had a descent show....its been a few years since they had an earbreaker..

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Hmm... Actually, IOWA is much heavier than Self-Titled. IMHO you can't really appreciate IOWA until you start listening to some of the bands in the "extreme" metal genre. While for everyday listening, I prefer Self-Titled, IOWA is by far better for working out or gettin f*ckin pumped!
Superjoint Ritual rocks, If the last Pantera album had the vibe that "Use Once and Destroy" (bonus question: what inspired that title?) has, then Pantera probably would still be around. Lets not forget that Judas Priest is playing this year too ;)

ManBeast

P.S Binge: where can I find info on this fued between hatebreed and slipknot, from all accounts I've read they have always been cool.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I see what you mean...

You ever hear Meshugga? Its sweetish death metal bro, its pretty heavy **** too....They opened for TooL when I seen 'em a couple years back. I gotta burnt CD from 'em and listen to it religiously. :D

I used to have some Fear Factory albums as well, I need to get those back..Bro, I could talk all day about metal bands...their my ****... ;)

MAN, I gotta get to the record store...

Hmm... Actually, IOWA is much heavier than Self-Titled. IMHO you can't really appreciate IOWA until you start listening to some of the bands in the "extreme" metal genre. While for everyday listening, I prefer Self-Titled, IOWA is by far better for working out or gettin f*ckin pumped!
Superjoint Ritual rocks, If the last Pantera album had the vibe that "Use Once and Destroy" (bonus question: what inspired that title?) has, then Pantera probably would still be around. Lets not forget that Judas Priest is playing this year too ;)

ManBeast

P.S Binge: where can I find info on this fued between hatebreed and slipknot, from all accounts I've read they have always been cool.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
This thread makes me feel good. This is my **** right here. I worked concert security for a few years doing everything from club level to stadiums and it turned my love for music into something more. I met Jamie from Hatbreed and he was one of the coolest mothers. I could tell so many stories about bands and ****.

So anyway, Roadrunner is the greatest label ever established. So many pure metal bands come from there. Is this new Slipknot on Roadrunner? Haven't been to their site for a while maybe I should make a visit. The Hatbreed v Slipknot feud from what I heard was a few years back. Maybe it was at Woodshock, not sure. From what I heard it was something like Slipknot was talking trash so Hatebreed came out during their set and beat the piss out of them. Now the dude who told me this has also told me a lot of BS, but he knew more about the metal scene than I did at the time so I took his word for it.

Superjoint is one badass band. Last time I saw Phil was at Ozzfest 2 years ago with Down maybe? Was that his other superband? Anyway he was terrible. Deffinitely back on the smack. Heard him interviewed 2 days before that on Opie and Anthony talking about dying from od'ing for like 10 minutes but it didnt stop him. He was blacking out in midsentance and ****. Hope he has his **** together this time around.

I'm gonna stop talking now

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Did anyone happen to catch slipknot last night on Leno?? They all wore their masks and everything too. It was so funny though....That girl Oma-Rosa from that show "The Executive", came over with Jay to shake there hands when they were done playing like he always does, and Oma looked like she was gonna crap her pants....LOL... :D

What, we gotta another week yet before the new tracks come out...can't wait....

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Jergo- if you have not DLed some of the tracks yet, you should..fucking amazing!! Some of the sites that Manbeast listed have the tracks..awesome..just awesome

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Jergo- if you have not DLed some of the tracks yet, you should..fucking amazing!! Some of the sites that Manbeast listed have the tracks..awesome..just awesome
Damn, How'd I miss those...LOL....I'm gonna check 'em out now....

Bro, I agree, its gonna be sweet... ;)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Good **** all around. I love Meshuggah, awesome awesome band. I gotta catch a re-run of that leno with them on. I love the new masks.

ManBeast

surferdude26

Awards
Funny you guys should mention this because all 3 slipknot cd's is what I have in my mp3 player (along with some rob zombie). Personally I still like the 1st one a bit better than the 2nd and this one.. I dunno. Don't get me wrong I still like the new album, but I was just deadlifting then the slow song came on, basically had the "wtf" look on my face.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Funny you guys should mention this because all 3 slipknot cd's is what I have in my mp3 player (along with some rob zombie). Personally I still like the 1st one a bit better than the 2nd and this one.. I dunno. Don't get me wrong I still like the new album, but I was just deadlifting then the slow song came on, basically had the "wtf" look on my face.
Bro, did it already come out??

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yep, I saw Tool with Messhuga a few years ago...just a little too heavy for me.I am looking forawd to seeing Judas priest at Ozzfest(I've been their the last 6 years or so although), I've seen them about 5 times (last time with ripper _but damn hes good too)
BOC gave a free concert last weekend and I missed it!

seeing bowie monday, kid rock next week and rush the weeks after

anyone listen to the new Dave Groll project called Probot...I've heard and seen the video with Lemmy...not too bad, haven't heard the rest though.

Yeah, I see what you mean...

You ever hear Meshugga? Its sweetish death metal bro, its pretty heavy **** too....They opened for TooL when I seen 'em a couple years back. I gotta burnt CD from 'em and listen to it religiously. :D

I used to have some Fear Factory albums as well, I need to get those back..Bro, I could talk all day about metal bands...their my ****... ;)

MAN, I gotta get to the record store...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if its in retail stores, but I downloaded the whole album already.
Damn...alright, you got me excited for a minute... :)

willieman.....yeah that TooL show kicked some serious ass man...Where did you see them at? The drum solo that they did fvckin' rocked....TooL's one of my all-time fav's...got every one of their albums and then some... :cool:

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn...alright, you got me excited for a minute... :)

willieman.....yeah that TooL show kicked some serious ass man...Where did you see them at? The drum solo that they did fvckin' rocked....TooL's one of my all-time fav's...got every one of their albums and then some... :cool:
columbus oh...one of the best places for live music IMO...we have so many venues anymore, small bands big bands, indoor, outdoor...it's hard to keep up.Yeah, tool did rock Maynard did piss the crowd off with some comments about the U.S. getting there ass kicked (9/11) and some even walked out, I was hoping to see them with King Crimson, but they were only touring with then for the westcoast shows...their new album keeps getting put back, and back

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Probot = good ****, max calvera contributes some vocals as well.

ManBeast

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
columbus oh...one of the best places for live music IMO...we have so many venues anymore, small bands big bands, indoor, outdoor...it's hard to keep up.Yeah, tool did rock Maynard did piss the crowd off with some comments about the U.S. getting there ass kicked (9/11) and some even walked out, I was hoping to see them with King Crimson, but they were only touring with then for the westcoast shows...their new album keeps getting put back, and back
Yeah okay, I seen 'em at the Erie Civic Center for that tour. It sucked there though cuz there were only so many floor seats, and then the majority of the rest of 'em were like seats that surround the stage....you could see a lot better than the floor seats, but I just prefer floor tickets....

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I worked concerts in Columbus the past few years before I moved. Newport, Promowest, The Shott, The Shoe, all kinds of ****. You name it I've worked it.

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I worked concerts in Columbus the past few years before I moved. Newport, Promowest, The Shott, The Shoe, all kinds of ****. You name it I've worked it.
Then you know what I am talking about....sometimes you have to flip a coin when there are 2 great bands playing the same night...
Polaris Ampetheater is now "Germain Ampetheater"...after the car dealer...I hate that guy.....

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I know. My last show before I moved last summer was Sanitarium at the Horseshoe. Metallica sucked. I miss working shows. Being one of the bigger and long term guys got me hooked up with all the good shows and good slots. I also got to go to a show any time I asked. Usually was a barackade guy which got me to pretty much enjoy the show. Hell, I was ten feet from Paul Mcartney. The people sitting front row said they paid 1000 for their tickets and there I was closer then they were getting paid.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well the CD has been out a few days, what do you guys think? I like it a lot, although there may be a few too many slow parts for me. I like the heavy **** (obviously thats why I listen to Slipknot), and don't like the acoustics too much. I thought Stone Sour was fucking bullshit. This album is very, very good, but I still like the first one the best.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I still need to go out and buy it :(

ManBeast

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, me too. Will probably stop by the shop and pick up a copy before I go out tonight....

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I got the C.D. on the release day. I've never really listened to Slip Knot before, and I am loving this. My son was all excited when he saw the disc cover in my car. Pulse of the Maggots is great. Their drummer kicks some serious ass throughout the entire C.D.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Album rox, I've listened to it twice completely through. I love it.
Cuffs: Joey Jordison is one sic (heh) midget drummer (he's like 5'4" tall), funny thing is that he's originally a guitarist. Yah, I really dig the whole fuckin album, the most amazing thing is that it doesn't have any language that can't be played on the radio, it's a very mature album. Where IOWA was the "f*ck you, we DO like the real heavy ****, and we CAN play it!", and self-titled was "sic" (no other way to describe it), and Mate Feed Kill Repeat didn't even have Corey at the vocals.
</trivia mode> :D

ManBeast

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 23
gibbob2 General Chat 9