Yet another Acne Topic - AnabolicMinds.com

Yet another Acne Topic

1. New Member

Yet another Acne Topic

I have a pile of anti-biotic powder that I am looking to use up but don't want to screw around with taking it orally. I read an article on topical antibiotics for acne purposes:
    Prescription Treatments

Antibiotics. Antibiotics may be used on top of the skin (topical) or taken orally (systemic). Antibiotics work by clearing the skin of acne-causing bacteria. There are several topical products available in creams, gels, pads and lotions. Topical antibiotics are limited in their ability to penetrate the skin and clear more deep-seated P. acnes, whereas systemic antibiotics circulate throughout the body and into sebaceous glands. Systemic antibiotics, therefore, often cause more side effects than topicals, but they can be used for more severe kinds of acne.

I am thinking of trying it, but I'm not sure if I should use penetration enhancers or just a water or alcohol solution. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Advanced Member

I say make a homebrew minus the DMSO, I would make the strenght between 50-75mg/ml if it will dissolve.
  3. New Member

Hey, have you guys heard anything about Accutane? or something sounding like that? I heard that it can peremenantly reduce the size of your sebacous glands. Thanks

LIA
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

theres quite a few threads on accutane, i just came from the doctor and i got 3 things for my face. ill some up what he said for ya big benn and you can choose what you want.

he said your best bet w/o a prescription is buy something that dries out face (zap zit etc), in the morning and when you bath wash your face with dove bodywash (best because it dries out face and puts back in moisturizers), and buy neutrogena gel for at night.

Last year:
    he gave me: 1st looks like lotion and is a topical to dry out face. works pretty good except its REALLY dry for a while.

i got these 2 days ago:

2nd is an antibiotic by mouth i take 2times a day, seem to be working well.

3rd. is retine. topical gel that clears face up.

he said theres usually 3 main types, an oral, dry up face, and retine based product. ask a dermatologist or your doctor.

hope that helped a little.
  5. New Member

I've had slight acne problems for the past 7 years (all through junior and senior high) and I've tried many different products. I've been on minocyclin (oral) had 4 different prescripted topicals, and two store boughten topicals (luciderm and procative) and finally i'm taking accutane (shyed away for so long because I "Heard" you couldn't drink alcohol on it. They do blood tests every month to make sure no damage is being done to your liver so there isn't much to worry about. There is a 90% chance i will never get acne again and if i do i'll go back on it and then it WON'T come back. Only sides i've had are dryness and i'm on a pretty big dosage (60mg a day). I'll bump it up to 80mg a day to get my "cycle" over quicker. Hope that helps!
  6. New Member

By the way, the only prob with topical is that it becomes a pain in the ass to apply every day, especially the three step products and the ones that you constantly sweat off in the summer!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. yet another thing to get you down
    By ChaseRoy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 08:51 PM
  2. yet another dumbass question?
    By julius kelp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 01:48 AM
  3. Yet Another Protein Question
    By BIGNBUFF in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 11:07 PM
  4. Yet another reason for your omega's (Lupus)
    By jweave23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2003, 11:47 AM
  5. Yet another new guy!
    By Draven in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 09:34 PM