Help...sujestions and motivation

ns107m

Awards
Hi all,

I been hitting it hard for about 4 months. I have done well. Only lost a couple pounds but lost inches. I have gained muscle and well on my way of getting in shape. Feeling good and body is looking decent for the first time in a long time. However, these last couple week I get to the gym and have no motivation. I have left early a couple times and just can not get into it. I am not sure if I just need to get the sand out of my vagina and stop being a wuss. Has anyone else gone through this? Any advice? I am doing a program where I do switch exercises often and rotation. I have also went from 6 to 8 reps to 4 to 6 thinking maybe that will get me more pumped up to do heavier weight. Does not seem to work. I have been taking a pre-workout mix which I am guessing is no longer working. Uses to it. I want to continue changing my body for the better and my life. i am afraid I will just stop with, what seems to be boredom? Not sure what it is or if I am just in a funk or am not seeing the gains I once did or what..Sorry for the long story, just looking for some advice from some veterans that may have been there done that....help

Thanks Guys

nyoung807

Awards
  • Established
what does your diet look like?

What's in your ipod?

What does your workout plan look like>?

Motivation comes in a lot of different ways for me. There are days when we don't want to go to the gym, but those are the best days to go. You gotta pysche yourself up and just dig into it.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
This is where "dedication" comes in. You are either going to be dedicated, or be a "seasonal lifter" in which case you do spurts, then stop, then feel crappy about yourself, so you do another spurt, etc.

Best bet is use will power and try to develop a "love" for lifting. As someone getting back into it after a hiatus (lost job and gym membership/no food) it can be rough, but but you have to go. On days you dont feel like going, you have to go. When you dont want to life, you have to go. etc,etc.

You can switch it up, try pre workout supps, etc. But regardless of all that it comes down to your mindset. Are you telling yourself "I am going in there and going to binge on pure fruggin rage and rip apart the iron and defy gravity!" or are you saying "yeah I have to do the gym thing for the next 45 minutes, crap. I wonder whats on TV right now".

Mindset, Mindset. Its your best supplement, its your best pre-work out, its your best training partner.

That too, find a lifting buddy. I have one now, its a helluvalot easier in the gym when you have a friend who is making strides with you.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Age? If you are older, it may be because of a decline in testosterone. Take testopro to increase test production and free up more test. Will make you feel like an iron killing beast. Put on an mp3 player with some hard core metal killing music and blast it. Dont go to the gym with a full stomach. Get adequate rest at night. Change your pre workout mix. White flood, jack3d is great at energy and focus. Muscle marinade is supposed to be excellent as well. Set a goal for yourself. Get a gym partner.. There are a lot of things you could do to get you pumped up to workout. Those are just a few.

ns107m

Awards
I am 28 just about 29 years old . My diet is ok,,well needs much work but compared to what it was 4 months ago , it is better. I did do a testpro earlier and did like it but not sure if it was that or just seeing the new body start ting to work out and the gains I got from just starting to workout again. I pod does def need some new tunes. Tired of old same ones but don't have a lot of money to upgrade songs either. I been taking protein in morning, after workout and before bed......sound good? What should my diet look like. I am not a bodybuilder. I am a normal guy who is trying to get healthier and a better body. I can't do some ridiculous extreme diet. I have not ate out in about 3 months besides a couple slices of pizza. I have maybe a pop a week. I usually eat some noodle thins for lunch. Microwave crap that is cheap and fast for work. Drink lots of green tea. Give you some idea?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But yes, you have to wake up every morning and be excited to hit the gym up. You have to feel it, want it. It is all about dedication mate.. It makes me sad to miss a day in the gym. When I dont go to the gym, its like im missing something from my life..

theforesaken1

Awards
When it comes down to it, just think "Do I REALLY want a better body?" If it's something you truely desire- you will get the motivation to keep it up. In my opinion I would drop the pre workout supps for a few weeks, so your tolerance can diminish. When you start taking them again, you should feel the energy and pump like the first time you used it. Give yourself a little more time to see results, nothing happens overnight. Once you start seeing the results you desire, trust me, it becomes an addiction. Getting closer to your desired body can be described as euphoric, most likely due to the higher level of endorphins pumping through your body. Just try your best to push through these unmotivated days, because once you break that plateau, your workouts will become much more enjoyable, and will keep you feeling great for a very long time. Hope that helps bro.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
But yes, you have to wake up every morning and be excited to hit the gym up. You have to feel it, want it. It is all about dedication mate.. It makes me sad to miss a day in the gym. When I dont go to the gym, its like im missing something from my life..
I have to fight to keep it to 3 days a week right now, then again my gas cost has been what has helped me. If the gym was closer I would be there daily lol.

But on your diet, its kinda sounding like your not going to progress well because your diet looks empty.

What do you mean protein? Like a protein shake? My rule is 1 protein shake a day IF that, get it from food. I started out lifting looking at protein shakes as the "magic fix" but they are not, not by a long shot.

Learn to shop at krogers and walmart. I went shopping today and got raisin bran, 3 cans of green beans, some healthy microwave meals that have like 30g of protein(2.50 a piece, great ingredient profile which surprised me), tuna spread, salmon packet, gallon of 2% milk, natural cheese sticks, V8 juice, etc,etc. Dropped like 28 bucks. I know at krogers right now here they have bags of chicken(hormonal/antioboitic free) for about 6-7 bucks that has enough chicken in there to last me a week and a half.

Really just start learning to cook things, and enjoy shopping.

I find after a day where I ate great, I enjoy lifting much more.

ns107m

Awards
So the protein shakes are not worth it? You think I am taking to much of it? I tried the eating thing but it just seemed to much food. Felt like i gained weight and was over full all the time.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
So the protein shakes are not worth it? You think I am taking to much of it? I tried the eating thing but it just seemed to much food. Felt like i gained weight and was over full all the time.
Well protein shakes are nice, but there is so much in there. And personally I dont like digesting them, I just do it as necessary for a boost for my body. Most of your protein should come from food, the shakes are "supplemental" protein.

Well give me a full days diet laid out as you tried it.

Every singe bit you eat.

Like 7am:Breakfast 3 turkey sausage links, and a slice of whole wheat toast plain

First break at work 9:am Vanilla Yogurt and granola bar

Lunch 11:45 am Salad with chicken strips, ranch croutons and dressing, and cashews on te side

Second break 2pm : Salmon cup

4pm: protein shake before workout((I do this))

5:30 pm Grilled chicken(I use a foreman grill) green beans, small cup of cottage cheese

8pm some unsalted peanuts or random dairy product

10-midnight crash.

Thats just an example based off random food I eat, not an actual days food, but close enough ish.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You gotta develop that "love for the game". It's easy to quit and aim for nothing because you'll always get there.

nyoung807

Awards
  • Established
Eggs are a very cheap source of protein as well. You want to start thinking about what you are putting into your body. Eat lots of lean meats and good carbs (like brown rice) dont forget plenty of veggies. These are all cheap if you know where to go }(like walmart)

WKUanimal

WKUanimal

Awards
Eggs are a very cheap source of protein as well. You want to start thinking about what you are putting into your body. Eat lots of lean meats and good carbs (like brown rice) dont forget plenty of veggies. These are all cheap if you know where to go }(like walmart)
I second this. Im currently in college and i go to walmart weekly to get 15 dozen eggs. $6.93 for a 5 dozen box. Our cafeteria is crap.

But honestly dude what helped me was the "If you can kill it or grow it eat it" rule. And as for motviation, i suggest metal :sgrin:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I second this. Im currently in college and i go to walmart weekly to get 15 dozen eggs. $6.93 for a 5 dozen box. Our cafeteria is crap.

But honestly dude what helped me was the "If you can kill it or grow it eat it" rule. And as for motviation, i suggest metal :sgrin:
I can kill people and grow pot...

Are you telling me to get high and eat human flesh sir?

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
This is where "dedication" comes in. You are either going to be dedicated, or be a "seasonal lifter" in which case you do spurts, then stop, then feel crappy about yourself, so you do another spurt, etc.
Hah, I know so many people like this, one of my good friends truly fits this category. It gets annoying hearing them constantly talk about how they either 1) Are totally getting back into working out again!1!11!! Went into the gym and did *insert whatever* or 2) Have totally fallen off the wagon and haven't worked out for weeks, instead opting to just sleep instead.

I don't have much patience for it.:yawn:

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
These guys are right, you have to want it. A ****ty day at the gym is better than not going to the gym at all to be honest.

You are seeing progress and that should be motivation in itself. I'm sure you enjoy seeing yourself with a better body.