Any bro's here on Celexa?

TxHomeGrown

Awards
I've had anxiety/slight depression for as long as I can remember. What truly brought me to the conclusion that my **** was serious was after I talked to a doc about a year ago and he gave me samples for Lexapro. I thought it was normal for people to have a speeding heart and stomach knows everytime they had to do everyday ****. I was wrong.

I worked my way up to a 20mg dose, and I finally felt "normal". It was insane that THAT was how normal people feel. After I had finished a few months worth of samples I couldn't afford a prescription, as Lexapro is like 3$ a pill or something ridiculous. There is no generic form of Lexapro. And I got busy and just forgot about making appointments so I've just been living with my anxiety and **** for the last year, and it's killing me

Which brings me to Celexa. I think Lexapro is considered the 2nd generation Celexa. I have an appointment on April 22 with my family doctor(My mom, and my sister are both on SSRI's with xanax for anxiety attacks) and I was going to suggest Celexa. Any guys here had experience with it? Anyone have experience with both that and Lexapro? I know Lexapro at 20mg is a pretty hefty dose but it really did work wonders for me, I still got mild anxiety but compared to my normal self it was a ****ing miracle.

Any responses are appreciated guys. Thanks

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
When I was on it I felt very passive and emotionless and it was hard for me to hold an erection. I've been on medication since I was a little kid and I hate that fact. However, through prayer it seems I have actually gotten smarter and I am much happier, then I've ever been and I am not taking any medication. The best thing I did to over come my anxiety was putting myself in situations, that would make me nervous. I built confidence this way. All drugs, that I have been on have only worked well for a few months including celexa. I found, there is no miracle drug, atleast when it comes to SSRIs.

dpfisher

I think it's a racemic mixture and lexapro is simply one of the enantiomers. The other one alone should not have any benefit, but if it does not have any side effects for you then there's no reason not to use the racemate instead. I think you would need double the dose to get the same amount of the lexapro enantiomer, but I'm no doctor and I don't know what effects the other one has.

purelife1

i toook it for a while and had nightmares and problems with my willy.....switched to zolft and had no problems and zoloft actually helped my sex life...however now i take none of it