Gym Confessions (yup, I have been that guy) - AnabolicMinds.com

Gym Confessions (yup, I have been that guy)

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.

Gym Confessions (yup, I have been that guy)

I have spent a good amount of time laughing it up at the many threads associated with getting a laugh out of the guys we see at the gym. Well, this morning I realized...hey, I have been that guy a time or two. So, its time to throw it in reverse, and confess when we were "That guy"

What got me thinking is just this morning I was doing curls with an empty curl bar - 4 sets of 50 reps trying to re-hab my bicep tear. I could see a guy looking at me funny like "how are you going to get big doing that?" I realized we all have certain circumstance that make us do things that aren't "cool" in the gym, so I thought I would come clean.

I have...

Done 3" knee bend squats - yup, I hated them

Picked my butt off the bench during a max attempt - oh yeah, I used to get a good arch going back in the day

Curled in the squat rack - oh yes, I still do...but I get there at 5:00am, and am the ONLY person there

stopped and chatted it up with an old friend while hogging a bench

worn a wife-beater to the gym

lifted in jeans

lifted my shirt to check out my abs after a set of crunches

OK, I feel better now

So, what have you done????????????

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

whats wrong with wifebeaters???? there is nothing worse than lifting in sleeves and having to pull them up etc...
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

funny post! Everybody's guilty of these at one time or another. I live in Vegas so it's hot as hell here. I wear wife beaters all the time. Another I'm guilty of is yelling in the gym, never on purpose though. I used to hate that crap, now I'm that guy. Go figure.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

I have to admit..I'm a habitual wifebeater offender. I also do my heavy barbell curls in a squat rack from time to time....but only if I've got a 45lb or more on each side.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

its one thing if you are white, 110 pounds with a teardrop face tattoo and a doorag... then wifebeater just looks funny with his little stick arms. but us guys that workout not only look good in beaters but its also more comfortable than a tshirt when you sweat and get pumped up.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

hell yeah, takes to long to lift up the sleeves!
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.

If there's no chicks I pick my nose and fart.
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206.5 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon411 View Post
    hell yeah, takes to long to lift up the sleeves!
    This is why I wear a sleeveless shirt lifting. All the benefits, none of the possible douchebag status :P

I hate wearing a tshirt though. Benching it rubs under my armpits, and it's just not comfortable overall.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  152 lbs.

I was the guy to do bench and bis every workout.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Before I knew much about hitting the weights, every workout revolved around bench. Keep in mind though I was only 16 at the time.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I have about 25 drip dry extra short sleeve shirts so that's what I wear in the gym. I wouldn't be caught in a beater though.

I've never been that guy or maybe I have. Before I started lifting, I would go to the gym with my buds that did lift and I was the guy that always hung around the gym talking to my buds but never worked out. I was the "what the hell is he in here for" guy.

About 1yr later, I started working out.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I remember 9th grade, before I ever benched, I spotted a guy doing 2 45 plates for about 20 reps. I thought that if he got it 20 times, I know I can get it at least 5 or 6.

I got under the weight and unracked it, crash.....i was pinned in 3 seconds. I immediately started break dancing in an attempt to toss the weight off of my chest. That shiat was scary...lol I thought that I was going to die...
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    I was the "what the hell is he in here for" guy.
    lol. Stuff like this makes me wish I still worked out at a gym and not at home. Some funny memories.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

I'm the wife beater guy
    I'm the guy that looks small but takes all the 45 plates (or was when I was into lifting big)
    I'm the guy that works out and eats twix, snickers, peanut butter cups like I do it all day and cant get fat :P (that and I actually crave chocolate when I workout)

I'm just weird
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  15. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm the guy that chuckles at your "squats."

I'm also the guy who had an absolutely horrific deadlift when he first started.

I will tell you to get out of the power rack and go curl elsewhere, attempting to be cool about it but probably failing.

I was the guy who thought he was awesome when he could shrug 400lb using straps. Now I know better.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    whats wrong with wifebeaters???? there is nothing worse than lifting in sleeves and having to pull them up etc...
    i love lifting in sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt.. keeps the muscles warm and loose threwout personally no need to show off what i got ill save that for out of the gym. gym is strictly buisness... haha not calling u out just its crazy how much we can differ ha
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    i love lifting in sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt.. keeps the muscles warm and loose threwout personally no need to show off what i got ill save that for out of the gym. gym is strictly buisness... haha not calling u out just its crazy how much we can differ ha
    I read this and agree how we all are different, but are all united in the fact that: day in day out we grind, push, with plates clanking, sweat rolling, music cranked (heavy and loud for me), with an athletic struggle to push to the next level.

Now what you wear while doing it is another story and my opinion is: 'to each his own.'

My worst offense:

1. Dropping some tear gas while squatting (you know those green-fog strategic nuke farts...as in to many fkn eggs that morning LOL)

2. Getting into lengthy discussions about the physics of lifting

3. Losing form causing I'm staring at some chick (fk'd my forearm up on hammers look at one of the many figure girls in my gym...)

4. When I lift with a close buddy of mine (on the rare occassion since he got all domestic and got married PU-c) we end up making each other laugh so hard (while making fun of people mostly) and it kills the workout; I made him laugh so hard once spit flung out of his mouth and hit the mirror in front of us - HILARIOUS - was in tears.

The people next to us were like "LOSERS" LOL LOL
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have a Non Homo problem.....Had to put NON-HOMO... Ijust got into bodybuilding like a year and a half ago....When I started going to the gym obviously i wasnt in the best shape of my life.....My problem....I stare!!!! No seriously all those big ass mo'fo's throwing weights around looking that they could consume my 260pound body)at the time) in seconds.) Im not gay, dont like Peni, But I appreciate dudes that are jacked....I find myself ingulfed in there workout...What are they doin that im not ou know...I think I spent 30 full minutes watching this monstyer destroy weights...I was actually more intrigued buy what he was doing that I forgot to workout myself!!
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    I have a Non Homo problem.....Im not gay, dont like Peni, But I appreciate dudes that are jacked
    Dude, that has got to be one of the funniest opening lines "I have a Non Homo proble" - and you capitalized Non and Homo as if they were pronouns.

I'm in tears...wow, AWESOME!

Oh and "Peni" HAHAHAHAH I nearly snorted my drink up my sinuses....holy freaking funny!

You rock man, that was one funny post.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  MUC lbs.

i used to do chest and bi's every time i went to they gym

i would screw around with my friend there, then we would have bench and bicep curl comps between ourselves

i used to think protein was a load of BS

i never worked my legs

i wore singlets way before i should have

i worked out in jeans

i would blatently flex in the mirror

and sometimes i just stare at people working out

/ douchebagery
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny4753 View Post
    "Peni"
    Is that the plural form?
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

I am a judge in the gym. I think that because I am an educted lifter and take my workouts dead serious, I judge those who aren't. I look at the guy with 315lbs on the bench press, but only moves his arms 4 inches then gets off the bench and looks around to see who is watching. Instead of just letting it go, I have to think to myself, "what a douche". I am getting mad now thinking about it.

We all need to go see this guy and confess.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

no thanks, that guy looks like hes been looking everywhere for a young boy
  24. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

no thanks, that guy looks like hes been looking everywhere for a young boy
    I LOL'd
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  237 lbs.

I was the guy that followed the Big Guys routines EVERYDAY. I would wait for him to get done then hop on and wait for him to do the next thing. I was completely lost when they were no shows!!
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

I definitely lift my shirt in the gym to check my progress... so yeah I'm "that guy".. but I was 60lbs overweight so I've earned the right to lift my shirt with pride. I don't care if it is douchebagery lol...
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Has anyone ever been the "hello" guy?

There is this guy that comes in and NO MATTER when he comes in, morning, mid day, night, he goes to everyone in the gym and goes' "hey man, hello, what's up, how's it going, nice to see ya" extends hand and tries to shake, and with the other hand, pats you on your back...

I swear he takes 30-50 minutes meeting and greeting every "body" in the gym...haha
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  28. BMCLouzee

I'm that girl that you can't say "Hi" to because I have BITCH written across my forehead when I lift. I'm actually very nice, but I look like I'll rip your balls off when you get near me. I've been THAT chick that thinks your perverted self has been staring at my ass and will ultimately glance at your direction with pure hate. This can be true or complete disillusion, but I'm pretty sure it's true. I've been that girl that will pick up the weights you've left on the ground and make sure pass by you and put you on a guilt trip. I've been that girl that tries to look tough and finds the skinniest, weakest guy and do more weight and reps to put you in your place. I've been that girl that will intentionally do cardio by the largest person in order to look more fit.

Yeah, I know, I'm horrible.

I heard this guy will relinquish me from evil.

I already told them about all you strapping lads.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

Freshman year when we just started lifting for football we had to see what our maxes were on the 3 main lifts
    It was my first time under the weights and I was stuggling getting 95 lbs I was one of the weaker ones on the team. I felt like a wimp, but I just kept at it and by senior year I was one of the strongest.
    Follow me on instagram for:Workout advice and tips, Diet pics, Inspirational pics, And best....pics of me!!!! haha
    INSTAGRAM: GUN_WALKER3
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BMCLouzee View Post
    I've been THAT chick that thinks your perverted self has been staring at my ass and will ultimately glance at your direction with pure hate.

I think if a girl is going to lift in my gym 90% naked (ie: little spandex shorts, tank tops, sports bras, running shorts with a*s hanging out) you are inviting my look. Do I stare? No, but I am a man and will I look. Yes. Dressing like that is asking for attention.

Not saying that is what you do, but that happens in my gym.
  31. Pinky355

Im the guy who fell over in the squat rack. Managed to throw the bar onto the rails as I went down. Was only lifting 275lb on that set but for some reason lost balance. Made a huge racket and looked like a total ****. Some blow ins had a nice laugh behind their hands until a serious lifter told them that no matter how good you are when you get past that balance point there aint no coming back. Even thou I can do alot more I was still very nervous loading it back up for the next set.
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

I think my funniest moment in the gym was when I was BB shrugging in the power rack. I had just finished up and was taking the weight off....but was on autopilot and asleep at the wheel. I took all the weight off one side. Sure enough as soon as I took off that last plate on the left side the bar slowly started to lift into the air and go the complete 180 degrees until it hit the other power rack next to me.

Luckily, nobody was in that power rack. Still, kinda funny though...some of the regulars that know me and know I'm an advanced lifter saw it happen and laughed at me after I was done picking everything up. I said "well guys it's clear i've been here too long...time to go home."
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    I think if a girl is going to lift in my gym 90% naked (ie: little spandex shorts, tank tops, sports bras, running shorts with a*s hanging out) you are inviting my look. Do I stare? No, but I am a man and will I look. Yes. Dressing like that is asking for attention.

yea right?!? how can you possibly expect a man whos already got high testosterone, in the middle of lifting to not notice a great looking female body and stare at it??? you dont wanna be stared at wear a baggy sweatsuit you hater
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post

I stare if they're worth it.

yea right?!? how can you possibly expect a man whos already got high testosterone, in the middle of lifting to not notice a great looking female body and stare at it??? you dont wanna be stared at wear a baggy sweatsuit you hater
    haha those hot chicks get me more amped than any supp can.

I myself am guilty of incorrectly spotting people so they won't ask me again.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    I myself am guilty of incorrectly spotting people so they won't ask me again.
    I lol'd at that one.
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.

I work out by myself, I talk to NO ONE. Get it done and get out.

I my mind I'm not that guy, I you eyes, I probably am, lol.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

I wear tank tops/wife beaters 90% of the time when I go to the gym, especially in the summer. Not trying to show off, they're just more comfortable and keep me cooler.

I was the guy who did upper body every time he went to the gym and rarely any leg exercises... and NEVER did squats.

I have done the shirt lift to check out the abs... hey the mirrors in the gym are waaay bigger than what I have at home!
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I work out by myself, I talk to NO ONE. Get it done and get out.

I my mind I'm not that guy, I you eyes, I probably am, lol.
    This sums up who I have become.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  MUC lbs.

dont ban me for this but i did at one stage want to take NaNo vapor by muscle tech...

IM SORRY
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    I'm the wife beater guy
    I'm the guy that looks small but takes all the 45 plates (or was when I was into lifting big)
    I'm the guy that works out and eats twix, snickers, peanut butter cups like I do it all day and cant get fat :P (that and I actually crave chocolate when I workout)

I'm just weird

Ya...but Black guys always look cool. It's scientifically proven.

Lol...My best friend played D-1 basketball at a notable mid-major school (which I also went to). He was ripped to the freaking bone 24-7 / 365, no matter what. He ate like a freaking pig too. Polished off a can of pringles and half a 2-liter of Dr. Pepper before going off for 20 against Tennessee in the tournament back in 2006. I was like "Dude ur gonna be sick!". Amazing ****!
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

Similar Forum Threads

1. Confessions of a stim junkie - sponsored Reset AD log
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 09:03 AM
  2. Confessions of an Ectomorph
    By JoeAverage in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 06:12 PM
  3. Confessions of an ex-supplement junkie
    By RenegadeRows in forum Millennium Sport Technologies