anyone else took the flu shot and got sick like a dog over and over again?

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Sh!t, this is the last time i take the flu shot, I got sick more times than I can count in fact I was sick more often than not, I only took the damn thing b/c I have 2 little ones, now that I look back they were never sick while I was. I was getting sick by simply not sleeping 8hrs nvm the cold. :smite:

EctoMeso

i was told by my doc u dont get sick nemore becoz theyve changed the shots, they dont inject u with bacteria nemore like they used which is wot made u sick. something along those lines... coz that was my concern aswell at the time...

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm not exaggerating when I say that in total I was sick more days than the rest of my family combined, thats 2 babies one teenager and another adult.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
That is one hell of an experience getting sick and I for one never experienced that, is it maybe the shot you got? allergy maybe? Hope you feel well man!

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sh!t, this is the last time i take the flu shot, I got sick more times than I can count in fact I was sick more often than not, I only took the damn thing b/c I have 2 little ones, now that I look back they were never sick while I was. I was getting sick by simply not sleeping 8hrs nvm the cold. :smite:
The 'flu' shot does not prevent general sickness or the common cold. It is vaccination against seasonal influenza only: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs211/en/

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
When you say you got sick, what do you mean? Bronchitis? Sinus infections? Strep Throat? Common cold? Influenza? Because as Nitrox said, the flu shot only protects against the flu.

I got sick a few more times than usual this winter too, but it was mainly sinus infections that went along with the crazy weather we had in Florida this year, where it would be warm and in the high 70's for a few days, and then drop down to the 30's and 40's the next few days. Rinse and repeat for a few months, and that gives me a cold every so often. Vitamin C overdrive was the only way I kept them at bay for this past month.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
That's why I don't get flu shots at all. Damn sure not getting pig flu shot.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I am going to curse myself but here goes....I cant get any flu shot as I have a allergy to eggs, so every year i battle and up the vit C, I always end up with a stomach bug for 24 hours but never the flu......I say dont do it....just eat clean, exercise and up the vit c tabs

TC

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if it is actually what kills the cold, or if it's a coincidence or what, but every time I wake up and feel like I'm about to get sick, whether it be a tickle in the back of the throat or whatever, I start taking that "Airborne" stuff as directed on the bottle. It's just a crapload of vitamin c and other vitamins and herbs packed into an effervescent tablet that you drop in some water, sort of like alka-seltzer. It could be complete BS, a placebo effect, or whatever, but the "about to get sick" feeling and first parts of the cold don't last much more than 48 hours when I do this, and I don't remember the cold ever escalating to something more serious when I do this.

*edit* Careful with Airborne though, contains a lot of Vitamin A which can cause liver damage in high doses. The bottle says not to take more than 3 times a day, which is probably good advice. Probably the best thing the product has in it is a high dose of vitamin C, which you can get elsewhere. As I said though, in my experience the trick is to start taking it as soon as cold symptoms start.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
When you say you got sick, what do you mean? Bronchitis? Sinus infections? Strep Throat? Common cold? Influenza? Because as Nitrox said, the flu shot only protects against the flu.

I got sick a few more times than usual this winter too, but it was mainly sinus infections that went along with the crazy weather we had in Florida this year, where it would be warm and in the high 70's for a few days, and then drop down to the 30's and 40's the next few days. Rinse and repeat for a few months, and that gives me a cold every so often. Vitamin C overdrive was the only way I kept them at bay for this past month.
I was getting a lot of throat irritations and got laryngitis pretty bad, I never got the flu but neither did anyone else around me, the fact that my kids were healthier than I was is what gets me.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
That is one hell of an experience getting sick and I for one never experienced that, is it maybe the shot you got? allergy maybe? Hope you feel well man!
I'm not prone to allergies much, I just think what ever was in that shot just killed my immune system

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I dont do shots. I dont trust anything medically modified as a "vaccine". If its a shot thats necessary post-something yes. But no vaccines or the likes. Too much hoopla about the kind of damage they can do.

doingwork30

doingwork30

Awards
Well when i was 13 got the chicken pox shot and was then sick with the pox a couple weeks later. Doctor said it was rare. P!ssed me off badly.