What is the major problem of the world?

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
What is the major problem of the world? :dunno:

Hey guys, I would appreciate your answers to the question. Please make it simple, no essays, preferably just a one or two word answer or a sentence. I am doing this for a bit of research. Thanks in advance and please, no flaming :nono:

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In America - Health Care, Political Lobbyists influencing government more than the people.

The World - Religion being an inside inspiration towards war and hatred, Hunger based on countries being exploited, and yes, Overpopulation (The world needs more condoms).

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Lack of air-conditioning. I get so edgy and irritable in really hot sticky weather. I think we could bring peace to some of these war-torn countries by implementing air-conditioning.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
medication, and the lack of clean water and air.

IMO without those 3 variables we'd be much healthier, regardless of population numbers.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Money/greed, and stupid people.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
With the world? Nothing. With society, civilization, etc you can't answer in a word.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its a shame that stupidity isnt painful

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
technology....we keep adding pressure to our lives and there isn't enough hours in the day...don't get me wrong technology is a great and can make life easier but it also add's pressure to everyone because things are supposed to be easier

oh and lazy ppl, seems like ppl don't have work ethics anymore...just because your logging long hours doesn't mean more is getting done...it's almost like ppl are affraid to break a sweat these days

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
One word sums it up good- MAN and their never ending desire to live for themselves and lack of control otherwise. Everything comes down to their inability to be able to rule themselves civilized. When you think of your own needs it leads to bad qualities like greed, apathy, prejustice, hatred. Money, man made money. Technology is a curse and blessing. While in some ways it's helped us in others it's pushing us further away from eachother. People aren't talking face to face anymore. No time for that. While we gain knowledge in many areas and are always learning we never grasp the full knowledge and control that it takes to live in peace and get rid of the real problems like crime, death, sickness, ect. This is why a higher power MUST step in.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Greed, Technology, government, stupid people, and getting closer to the end times.

This world belongs to satan (read revelations). It is a fallen world, so it will only get worse and worse, harder and harder, and the future will have less rights, more dangers, etc.

It must come to pass.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Evil. It is real, believe me. When you have dabbled, and come face to face with the impossibility of reason, the abomination, the freaking green goblin in all its cartoonish glory, if you dont die of fear at the sight of it, you willl know for all time that all the old stories are there for a reason.

Men's hearts will fail them for FEAR when they behold what is coming upon the earth.

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." 2 Timothy 3:1-5

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
A wise man once said "it's in your [our] nature to destroy yourselves [ouselves].

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
and an even wiser man once said 'it is in our nature to make vague as hell, sayings"

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Greed, Technology, government, stupid people, and getting closer to the end times.

This world belongs to satan (read revelations). It is a fallen world, so it will only get worse and worse, harder and harder, and the future will have less rights, more dangers, etc.

It must come to pass.
Evil. It is real, believe me. When you have dabbled, and come face to face with the impossibility of reason, the abomination, the freaking green goblin in all its cartoonish glory, if you dont die of fear at the sight of it, you willl know for all time that all the old stories are there for a reason.

Men's hearts will fail them for FEAR when they behold what is coming upon the earth.

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." 2 Timothy 3:1-5
:rolleyes: nuff said

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet?
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
..is a good thing.

Altruism....on the other hand, not so much (potentially leads to my previous answer of "social parasites").
I disagree. I think it's very important to see all human beings as brothers and sisters. If everyone treated everyone else how they would treat their own family, most of us wouldn't have road rage and we would be much less violent.

However I agree in some respects. Altruism fails when those who preach it either expect something in return for their "altruism", or use it as an excuse to view themselves as superior to others. You must be selfish before you can truly be altruistic because if you haven't spent the time to take care of yourself and make yourself a better person, you really can't put another persons needs ahead of yourself. This includes your spouse, children, etc.

purelife1

What is the major problem of the world? :dunno::
Man

John 8:44: “Ye are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it”.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
everybody points their finger at me. leave me alone!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Overpopulation.
this planet can hold 30 billion no problem, there is PLENTY of resources.

the globalists elite want to depopulate the world down to 500,000, so they lobby the people (as in advertise over and over again) that the world is overcrowded when it is in fact not.

things seem bad due to greed, governments and irresponsibility of the media to educate the real problems of the world.

this is a huge topic, but please look into it. people think china is overpopulated, but ive traveled across china and i can tell you they have an overabundance of resources, but they have an overabundance of new found greed and corrupt government.

sorry cant keep it short, lol thats the best i can do.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Apathy.

Most if not all the major issues that plague society, such as global warming, deforestation of rain forests, corrupted health care, poverty, imperial wars, and corrupt economic systems are solvable with today's technology, knowledge, and industry. The problem is that many of the people who are able to solve these issues or contribute to solving them don't care.

An issue can have a million solutions but if no one cares about it then that issue will never be solved and that is the current state of most problems.

If people could lose their apathy towards everything that isn't themselves or doesn't directly affect them in the short-term then I think we could actually do something good for society and thus each of us.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Another one:

Corporate influence on governments.

Government's role IMO is to maximize social well-being of its constituents, part of which is to foster a strong economy. However that should not include providing corporations with unfettered ability to financially rape and pillage society.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Another one:

Government's role IMO is to maximize social well-being of its constituents, part of which is to foster a strong economy. However that should not include providing corporations with unfettered ability to financially rape and pillage society.
Fascism

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
John Stuart Mill was the begining of the end. The world was a better and safer palce before him. Thats as far back as i can trace it. His views changed the world. At first glance and humanly its a good thing but the result was catastrophic.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
obama, sin, poverty, jealousy. but basically obama haha

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Another one:

Global warming has been proven false, the theory influenced everyone, and "somebody" is still making money off it.

IMO this is what i think is wrong with the world. Women's rights was the start. Women needed rights and i don't disagree with equality. I think the movement was great until WWII, when women "had" to go to work because the men were at war. Eventually, the job market was open for women and they began going to college(still not a bad thing) Before this, womens careers were mostly in medical, clerical, and education. They were the best educators. With jobs now being open to women the brightest began going for the money and pursuing better careers, the best and brightest were no longer teaching and prepairing kids for the future.
Today, women are needed and are in demand in the workforce. both parents in a household have to work. Women no longer have the choice to stay home and raise kids. Kids are being raised by the failing education system. Many children come home to an empty house without adult supervision. IMO crime is higher in teens because of the lack of parenting.
If womens rights had never started, then neither would the womens movement and women would have the choice not to compete with men in the workplace and simply stay home. Although some women enjoy working, some would rather stay home.
The world has become feminized, rolls have changed, and crime continues to rise.
Just my opinion.

yoshi5674

yoshi5674

Awards
  • Established
Our Standards and Morals have almost completely vanished. Disfunction seems to be the cool thing now. Everyone wants to be white trash, or ghetto. I was thinking about this today, how rap/hip hop/whatever/ has influenced the world. When I was in Iraq, the greeting I got alot of the time wasn't "Salam alaikum", it was "Whats up my nigga". The phillipinos, koreans, macedonians, georgians, almost everyone was saying it. We thought it was funny as hell. And, the thing was that when we told them that it was offensive to some people, they couldn't comprehend it because it was in the music and they heard the brothers/brothas saying it all the time.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Our Standards and Morals have almost completely vanished. Disfunction seems to be the cool thing now. Everyone wants to be white trash, or ghetto. I was thinking about this today, how rap/hip hop/whatever/ has influenced the world. When I was in Iraq, the greeting I got alot of the time wasn't "Salam alaikum", it was "Whats up my nigga". The phillipinos, koreans, macedonians, georgians, almost everyone was saying it. We thought it was funny as hell. And, the thing was that when we told them that it was offensive to some people, they couldn't comprehend it because it was in the music and they heard the brothers/brothas saying it all the time.
Blame it on the black guy again, and rap, but i agree. Iremembe when it was cool to dress better than everyone else.

yoshi5674

yoshi5674

Awards
  • Established
Blame it on the black guy again, and rap, but i agree. Iremembe when it was cool to dress better than everyone else.
Oh yeah, the 80's....it was either be preppy or be a devil worshiper....wonder whats next....God I hope it's not the Jersey Shore douchebag thing.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
In the words of Paul Mooney, "Everybody wanna be a nigga but don't nobody wanna be a nigga."