What is with all the broscience?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It might just be the gym I belong to, but I overheard some of the stupidest comments in the gym. Overheard conversations from the previous week:

Conversation 1:
NewGuy: "So what supplements do you take?"
GuyClearly"training"him:"I take a bunch of everything, the best thing I take though is a prohormone"
NG:"whats that?"
GCTH:"Its like a steroid but without side effects, its legal and safe."
NG:"Ill look into them"

Coversation 2 (as I am squating, similar situation to previous)
NG: "should I be doing that exercise?"
Partner: "No, he is probably just training to be a powerlifter or for an event, isolated exercises are superior to all body exercises" (This is hilarious because I am far from big looking)
NG: "Oh ok"

Coversation 3:
1: I have been working on my diet, I eat nothing but eggs and protein powder, my trainer told me to avoid carbs and fats that are not from eggs"
2:Yea the faster you dedicate yourself to eatting like that consistently, the better you'll gain"
1:I have been trying to calculate what calorie intake I should be using.
2:I go with 2000 calories, this is my prime calorie intake because it causes me to cut fat and gain muscle.

The worst part is that these guys for the most part are primarily big. Is it just that they have been doing it long enough that they were sure to eventually gain? Its kinda crazy what misinformation is out there.

P.S. Thank you guys for providing me material to know what really works.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
Work with what ya got,
i mean i wish i could be the next strong man but i cant on account of genetics, but hey i love my body , it gets really strong and always is looking cut and defined.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
that guy on prohormones will dose it for 3-4 months. i bet 6 months from now, once he finishes dialysis you'll be much bigger than him :)

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that guy on prohormones will dose it for 3-4 months. i bet 6 months from now, once he finishes dialysis you'll be much bigger than him :)
I don't doubt this at all. I honestly look at alot of the guys in the gym, and just think "They appear to be doing very well, but Im sure they would be so much farther if they educated themselves a bit further." :dunno:

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
I had a young guy, 16 or so, ask me what supps I was on and how I old I was. When I told him I was turning 36 soon he goes "oh man, you're body is going to stop producing creatine soon. That sucks." I just smiled and went back to my rows. I probably should of educated him further but....

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
I heard a fairly large dude tell a kid that he should do legs because the quads "store" testosterone.

AlbinoRhino44

AlbinoRhino44

Awards
I had a young guy, 16 or so, ask me what supps I was on and how I old I was. When I told him I was turning 36 soon he goes "oh man, you're body is going to stop producing creatine soon. That sucks." I just smiled and went back to my rows. I probably should of educated him further but....
Where the hell do people pick this **** up? i know he's a kid but read something for god's sake.. . .

I don't talk to anyone at the gym, and this thread will soon list so many reasons why im sure.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
yeah, at the gym its nose to the grindstone. i refuse to discuss diet/supplement advice outside of 2-3 friends (who actually have a clue) and this forum.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I dont know where some of them get it...but I have heard some crazy bits. Clueless people are funny but kinda scary.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I dont know where some of them get it...but I have heard some crazy bits. Clueless people are funny but kinda scary.
yeah, i had a great one on bb.com where a senior member said that since markus ruhl smoked a pack a day, there were no ill effects with regards to smoking and bodybuilding.....

outside this forum i find logic diminishes on rather quick level.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was approached by some guy trying to sell me steroids at the gym, and when I asked "which kind?" (just out of conversational courtesy) and he said, "I don't know?"

:nono::nono::nono:

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was approached by some guy trying to sell me steroids at the gym, and when I asked "which kind?" (just out of conversational courtesy) and he said, "I don't know?"

:nono::nono::nono:
I know those guys. I had a guy in my unit about 6 foot 2 or 3 and maybe 180. He said he took roids during baseball season. Said he injected d-bol and andro... He also had no clue about PCT.. I just said ok, cool and went about my business...

KarlaG

KarlaG

Banned
Awards
there was a chap on another board who drank a 12 week cycle of test,deca and stan .. only to gain 2lb

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The worst part is that these guys for the most part are primarily big. Is it just that they have been doing it long enough that they were sure to eventually gain? Its kinda crazy what misinformation is out there.
Its funny but true. If you even do half of what you are doing wrong, given enough time you get some size anyhow. I've seen more big guys who are totally clueless about diet and exercise science that it amazes me

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there was a chap on another board who drank a 12 week cycle of test,deca and stan .. only to gain 2lb
I think I know the guy :) was 6'2", around 140lbs and "a hardgainer, I eat everything I can stuff down my throat but still don't gain anything" who somehow couldn't for the life of him quantify even what he ate for the last 2 meals, just "as much as I could"

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I heard a fairly large dude tell a kid that he should do legs because the quads "store" testosterone.
lol, at least that advice is better than "
"take superdrol for 16 weeks, it's ok, it's OTC and doesn't hurt like the real injection stuff"
I'd much rather do legs because I thought they "store" testosterone rather than to take 16 weeks of superdrol.

KarlaG

KarlaG

Banned
Awards
I hope that was just a troll
I dont think he was . . asked the dealer in the gym if he could drink it as he was too scared to pin . . "Yeah sure, you'll be fine" . . gave the guy some stomach issues initially, but he got over it :dunno:

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
How come i never seen you post?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
This was taken out of context, but not misinformation.

What he meant was.

Quit focking around with curls and extensions and do compound lifts.

Squats, Deads and Bench.

IN THAT ORDER.

Because those lifts DO increase testosterone production.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Its funny but true. If you even do half of what you are doing wrong, given enough time you get some size anyhow. I've seen more big guys who are totally clueless about diet and exercise science that it amazes me
yea we've all seen them get bigger but whats the point? those guys usually eat everything + $hit, body composition is soft and bloated. rotators are all f'ed up from bench pressing every other day for the past 12 years. those guys cant squat worth a damn or when they do they load it to the top and go halfway. thats dumbass fitness if you ask me.

trojanman1016

Awards
HAHA wow :rofl:

amicold

Awards
injected dbol eh?
Hate to burst your bubble but there is such a thing.

Edit: Beaten to the punch, but while I do agree the uneducated scare me and we should eradicate them all....things such as the "quads store testosterone" I can see what the guy may have been getting at. When I speak to the stupid sometimes you have to say stupid **** to get your point across