finding jeans for bodybuilders

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
im curious to know what kind of jeans you wear?

i know i have the most difficult time finding some that fit my small waste which i can also get my legs into. id really like to wear some nice ones but cant seem to find any. im stuck with old navy loose fit =P

Derek4Real

Awards
I can't wear any jeans that I like so I stick to slacks and sweats

Bigblondekid

Awards
I shop at Anchor Blue and buy their baggy jeans. I usually still have to go with 36-38's even though my waist is about 32. They look pretty baggy but they're comfortable, good luck finding anything that fits right and doesn't look baggy as hell though.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw Lee Priest in a pair of "regular" jeans before, and it looked like he was going for the emo tight jeans look.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They aren't designer but I go to Target and buy Wrangler relaxed fit jeans.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
The only kind of jeans I own are Levi 569.

"Extra room through seat and thigh."

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
GAP
True Religion (have to get them tailored)

That's it.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I go downtown pgh and get jeans. The style around here is baggy jeans anyway so its easy to find. Just go to a store that sells hip hop clothing/urban or whatever you wanna call it. The only hard thing is finding jeans that don't have designs on them I hate that.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
I go downtown pgh and get jeans. The style around here is baggy jeans anyway so its easy to find. Just go to a store that sells hip hop clothing/urban or whatever you wanna call it.
yeah im not much of a sean john, roca wear, fubu kinda guy. i want them loose but not big enough i can steal stuff in =P

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah im not much of a sean john, roca wear, fubu kinda guy. i want them loose but not big enough i can steal stuff in =P
LOL just wait. Once your legs are big enough they are the only choice.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have the same issue.. I tried on a **** ton of jeans, some i could not even get my leg into.

I did find a few that fit though.

Lucky brand- They offer a few cuts that fit me well.

And 1 pair of "7 for all mankind" Only 1 style of theirs fits me, it is the montana relaxed fit. They are a little tighter then the luckys, but still good..
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod28400028&ecid=NMCIGoogleBaseFeed&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=M00AFhttp://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod28400028&ecid=NMCIGoogleBaseFeed&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=M00AF

Baine

Baine

Awards
i made a thread like this on another forum lol. sucks when you have to squeeeeze your legs into the jeans when your trying them on and if you succeed and button the pants you look like one of those emo homos with about 4 inches in the waist.

i just bought some carhart logger jeans the other day cuz the only jeans i wore kept ripping in the seem. so i got the carharts. f**kers are so durable, i beg i could throw them through a window when they come out of the dryer. i get em a little big in the waist and use a belt. it would just be nice if some one would come out with a pair of comfy jeans that would FIT in the waist AND legs. specifically lifter jeans!!!!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
that would be hella expen$ive
Most higher end stores tailor them free if you buy them there/full price.

Now this usually means shortening them, and does not include anything elaborate.. I am not sure what sort of tailoring IC is refering too, as i am sure your issue isn't the length.

You think jeans are bad, try buying a suit..lol I just bought one, and in order to get shoulders that fit me, the pants were like size 38-40. They had to basically remake the pants. Also they had to do allot of alterations to the jacket.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
You should look into American Rag jeans, they sell them at Macy's for about $40 bucks. Not too expensive and they are the only jeans I've found that are comfortable without making me look like a clown/emo kid.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try to find them on sale and just get them chopped and fitted. It's worth it, as the designer jeans are actually a much higher quality than the others I get.

GAP are nice, but they're about $60, and they tend to wear out over the course of a year or so. I'd rather spend $120 and have them last 5x as long. Just don't get a super trendy wash or something stupid like that.

dpfisher

I hate this, and I don't even think my legs are unusually big, I'm just in above average physical condition. I have to get 32s and I look emo plus the waist still looks like clownpants. The front pockets are basically useless too. And good luck finding ones with legs shorter than 30.

I was actually just thinking last night I should save a bunch of money and make a clothing label that caters to people who are in decent shape. Only problem is there wouldn't be much market for it, and the market would decrease as time goes on.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I buy 32x32 usually. Waist is always big, legs fit tight unless they're "loose fit" style. Watchya gonna do? At least we look solid naked. :)

I don't seem to have this problem with slacks or dress pants though. Never really an issue. I've got some chinos on right now that fit pretty good.

Cuervo Jones

Cuervo Jones

Awards
I rarely wear jeans anymore, they dont look right on me anymore, as my legs are just too big. So,.. I just get tailored pants, along with a nice dress shirt where ever I go. The look works.

~Cuervo

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I rarely wear jeans anymore, they dont look right on me anymore, as my legs are just too big. So,.. I just get tailored pants, along with a nice dress shirt where ever I go. The look works.

~Cuervo
Word. Dressing like an adult; I like it.

I love jeans though. I can't pitch them. I need some in my closet. I'll spend what I have to.

TheBreeze

TheBreeze

Awards
  • Established
Its funny I found this thread cause Im usually never anywhere near the Gen. chat forum but you guys sound just like me.
No matter where I go I cant find jeans that fit. I mean if I can even get them up to my waist, I always sit down in the dressing room. Thats how I know if theyre gonna pinch my inner thighs and the goods.

imprezivr6 was right about Lucky Brand. They tend to have a few here and there at TJmaxx around me. Other than that I usually have to buy the plainest ghetto Nautica jeans I can find and just usually cut the legs so they frey and look worn at the bottom.
You know, the way the Starboyz used to wear them.(Can you tell Im from Northeastern Ohio from that comment?)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
express boot cut, gotta buy them an inch or two longer than usual though, for some reason i'm a 30 length, i'm a short guy, but with express i need 32 length but if you get them boot cut they'll be good to go

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
express boot cut, gotta buy them an inch or two longer than usual though, for some reason i'm a 30 length, i'm a short guy, but with express i need 32 length but if you get them boot cut they'll be good to go
anything by express is itty bitty on me. i cant get one of my legs in there. plus my express jeans dont give my crotch any room to breathe.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
GAP
True Religion (have to get them tailored)

That's it.
I agree with the GAP. I was surprised to see how well they fit. Most of the time it's a gamble, and I'm stuck buying with larger waists.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those do look really nice. I have one of those stores near me. I'll have to check them out. Have you heard of the quality?

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
Those do look really nice. I have one of those stores near me. I'll have to check them out. Have you heard of the quality?
yeah they are the real deal. i bought one at the store and another pair online. they feel great. they are like 2 percent elastic so they stretch a lil in the waste, its weird but comfy. you have to try them on to know what im talking about.

MattyIce32

Awards
Definitely try Lucky Brand. I get all my jeans there, lucky for me infer a sweet discount because I work there.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
American Eagle jeans work very well for me.
circa 2007, I would agree with you.

I guess it's the fashion trend or something, but my last few pairs seem to be giving less leg room and more slack along the waist. Kinda the opposite of what I'm looking for.

purelife1

american eagle and areopastle for me if i can find them in relaxed or baggy cut..messed up at Christmas and bought a reg cut ..just not going to happen..still hanging in closet

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
american eagle and areopastle for me if i can find them in relaxed or baggy cut..messed up at Christmas and bought a reg cut ..just not going to happen..still hanging in closet
I have four pairs of the relaxed cut their all I wear... You dont get any of that tight leg syndrome which is nice for a change.