I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 meeeeeeeeellllllllion Dollars.

db682

Awards
  • Established
I definitly think you guys should make a couple shirts with the AM logos on them or even some other graphics as well. Ill definitly buy a few. Anabolicminds doesnt sound like some stupid ass jock club and Id definitly sport the gear around the gym. I definitly think some of the smartest members of all boards are serious members here and Im proud to say I am too.
Look at it this way. We pay you to advertise your site which then can bring in more members and possible revenue for the board.
Id be willing to work on some designs for this board and donate them on the house if chemos interested. Im pretty sure that alot of the hardcore members here would help support the board even more if they were getting something to show for it (as if the knowledge and enjoyment of roaming these pages isnt enough) in return. ;)

db

sawastea

Awards
1 meeeeeeeeellllllllion Dollars.
Dude, it's 2004. 1 meeeeeellllllion dollars? Heck, Cingular itself made over 250 billion dollars in revenue last year. Shouldn't you be shooting for something higher :D

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I agree with DB....I'd definately buy a few...

Is there any way I can donate funds w/o the use of paypal? I refuse to use those people anymore.. If someone can PM me the addy, I'll just send cash if possible...

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I definitly think you guys should make a couple shirts with the AM logos on them or even some other graphics as well. Ill definitly buy a few. Anabolicminds doesnt sound like some stupid ass jock club and Id definitly sport the gear around the gym. I definitly think some of the smartest members of all boards are serious members here and Im proud to say I am too.
Look at it this way. We pay you to advertise your site which then can bring in more members and possible revenue for the board.
Id be willing to work on some designs for this board and donate them on the house if chemos interested. Im pretty sure that alot of the hardcore members here would help support the board even more if they were getting something to show for it (as if the knowledge and enjoyment of roaming these pages isnt enough) in return. ;)

db
I like this idea. I would want a shirt and maybe a gym towel or something, those I would use. :)

Am I the only guy anymore who has not had a problem with paypal??

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
i too would buy some shirts...........great idea

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i have no problem with paypal. And i really like the shirt idea too.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Excellent idea DB, I'd like to sport my AM shirts in the gym. I've seen someone with a bodybuilding.com shirt in my gym, I'd like to show him up with an AM shirt.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Excellent idea DB, I'd like to sport my AM shirts in the gym. I've seen someone with a bodybuilding.com shirt in my gym, I'd like to show him up with an AM shirt.

Hey don't make fun of that skinny guy in the BB.com T-shirt..that's me. It came free with an order but THAT was a long time ago, lol.

I'll definitely set aside some of my PH stockpile funds for AM. You all have taught me a great deal and I appreciate the knowledge I've gained here immensely.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Im a lot more muscular now than I would be without this board. Glad to throw in a few bucks for nothing more than to help out. Even more glad if I could buy a t-shirt with AM on it.
Sending my paypal this weekend

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, lets think of some ideas for some shirts, I'll go first:

On the front:
"Got Knowledge?"

On the back, the AM symbol...

Okay, maybe that was kind of corny... :rolleyes:

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, lets think of some ideas for some shirts, I'll go first:

On the front:
"Got Knowledge?"

On the back, the AM symbol...

Okay, maybe that was kind of corny... :rolleyes:
LOL we'll leave the buying to you and the slogan making to someone else. :D

I definitely like the t shirt idea and I think shaker bottles would be great. I would like to see a dark graphic, something like what Size & DB made for PN.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate slogans personally. I can't stop thinking about "Life's a beach" T-shirts I saw as a child. I also hate the people who were a shirt with the name of the place they either live in or vacation to. Ok enough of the rant...

I'd rather have one with just the Chemical strucuture of 1-Test or 4-AD. People would always ask you what it is.

Or you could have one with a psycho clown on the front. Now THATS classy.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Or you could have one with a psycho clown on the front. Now THATS classy.
Don't we have to see your ugly mug enough around here? j/k! :D

I think just the name and a graphic would do. DB is pretty twisted and I'm sure he could come up with something good. Size and Sheesh are also talented with this stuff.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
the testosterone molecule has already been done, btw. a guy from MFW (jeremy iirc) printed up a bunch for some regulars, as a theme shirt. so, i think the 1-test or 4-ad molecule would be great. i'd vote for 1-test or m-1-t.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
How's about Iron brothers or something like that? And then make a hellish type logo or drawing to accompany it. Man, I wish I coulda gone to the Arnold, those guys got all kinds of sweet ass tees. Only ones I have now are BB.com and VPX shirts...yes, I know, I'm deprived... :(

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is the board in dire need of donations soon?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
How about;

"If you ban my prohormones I'll kick your ass"

It's simple, direct and truthful:)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
As you guys have seen there are a few changes around here...and for good reason. For the regular members you will attest that I have not asked one cent of support since the beginning. So, the next logical question is how the bills get paid. The sponsors of this board will attest to the fact that I do not charge them money fees for the privilidge of advertising on this board...instead I demand the highest of service for the members, expedited resolution of disputes, and consideration of the MOD team.

So no money from the members...no money from the sponsors...must be out of my pocket! ;) Yes and no --> let me explain: at the beginning of this board I vowed to set aside a portion of the proceeds from my lotion sales. IMO, the money belongs to the board and isn't mine to begin with. Now, the AM fund will last about 6 more months without an outside source of funds. The actual dollar value for running AM is in the $200 range. If we eliminate chat then it is cut roughly in half. In that case the funds will last for at least another year.

I'd prefer not to have to cut any services and instead plan on expanding them to make this a truly online community. For instance, I am working on a board instant messenger system. I will integrate this into the chat service so that one on one convos can quickly turn into a full blown, real time conversation (think AIM or MSN that is browser based and only works while logged into the board). The Live Help button at the top of the board is the first baby steps toward this goal.

Another service that is in the works will serve to increase the level of intelligent discussion on the board: AM University. It is in initial development but when finalized will offer the opportunity for members to enroll classes of their choosing *FREE OF CHARGE*. We plan on courses in basic chemistry, diet and nutrition, training theory, etc.

One point I want to stress is the need for member help in more areas than just money donations. I have not asked any more from the members than to learn and share with peers the information (maybe some experience) gained. It is now the time to hold the member base to the same high standards as I hold the MOD team. This is the time that true colors will show and we will weed out the hardcore regulars and the transient spirit. I formally ask for help from those that have the time to spare and dedication to excel.

We need bodies to man the Live Help department. We need those with knowledge to share to create the online classes that will comprise our core curriculum. If one of the above can't be given we ask for small donations for the operating costs so that we may continue to grow. I call on every member to rise to the occassion and help our community!

Those are fine goals but the fact remains that bills have to be paid. Just so we are on the level, my plans for AM will keep the unbiased and high standard to which you know and love...commercial free. See, by not taking sponsor money or charging very little I ensure that we do not maintain alliance and have the ability to identify week vendors early on (actively hunt them down). This means that if a vendor does not return emails, has bad customer service, or bad quality products then we can drop them at leisure. For this reason, I am requiring all board sponsors to have a Live Help Department dedicated to them and WILL BE STAFFED by them. It will be up to them to set hours that Live Help will be manned but it is in their best interest to tap the portal directly to their customers. It is my intention to create a demand for this service with sponsors as the code can be placed on their website and used to monitor their traffic as well....in real time! Interested sponsors can contact me for beta testing details.

For those that skip to the bottom of a post please allow me to summarize:
  • Creating comprehensive instant messaging program for AM. Need help manning the board help line.
  • Creating AM University. Need help creating classes.
  • Operating funds will last about 6 months. Donate money.
  • T-shirts will be developed. Proceeds for operating costs.
  • Sponsors will have a Live Help requirement. Solid sponsors will man the line faithfully.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I too really like the idea of the t-shirt sale. I have a few of the aforementioned bodybuilding.com shirts, and they're actually of very nice quality, particularly the long sleeve t's. If it means the difference between the board shutting down or staying up though, I would be willing to donate to the cause.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
To clarify things: the board is not in danger of going under due to lack of funds. However, we need to implement plans to alleviate that from happening in the future. To make this happen I need volunteers to help staff the board projects.

Anyone want to help man the board Live Help department?

Chemo

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
You can put me down for helping Chemo

unfknblvbl89

Board Supporter
Awards
I'd pimp a shirt or two, also. As well as kick some support funds over since I do not have the knowledge or experience to participate in any of the help needed. I am just learning myself:)

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
As soon as someone starts handing me some art for the graphics I'll get the T-shirts cranking...

Chemo

db682

Awards
  • Established
Ill brainstorm and work on some designs this weekend for the shirts and whatnots.
You can always put me down to help in whatever department is needed.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Count me in, but I'm usually just good for comic relief. :D

ManBeast

z0rr0

Awards
edited to: slightly o/t

Am I the only guy anymore who has not had a problem with paypal??
i have no problem with paypal.
I've had **** with PP in the past, and I now refuse to use 'em. Is there any other way that the people that can't/won't use PP may also donate money?

When I get up tomorrow I'm going to start 'criz-izy-acka-lackin' on some t-shirt ideas. I know I'd definetly buy two or three...especially if there is a nice long sleeve black one available...

edit{
::sigh::

This is so depressing. :( :( :( I was looking for a picture of M-1-T and 1-T on google, and I came across this webMD article about some 17 year old kid asking a Dr. on there what the side effects of M-1-T are that he JUST purchased and if he should take it.

::bigfuckingsigh::

I was all ready and rearing to get my graphics-fu on, and then I run across this and take 30 mins out of my time and explain to him why he shouldn't use this....how he should just give it to his 'rents to hold on to untill he's 21-22...how just big eating and good lifting and rest and he'll grow like mad...

I hope I convinced him not to use... :(

Last edited:
Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
The T-shirt idea sounds good to me. I would also like to see a ball cap, since I wear the sh!t out of them everyday. Maybe with the AM initials embroidered on the front, then "AnabolicMinds.com" on the back. Not one of those cheap, stand up on your head caps, but a good cap, like the Nike ones. Black of course.

I'll volunteer to do what I can in the Live Help department, but it wouldn't be much since my knowledge isn't at the level of the Mods and others here. I'm good at pointing people in the direction of who to ask though. :D

z0rr0

Awards
The T-shirt idea sounds good to me. I would also like to see a ball cap, since I wear the sh!t out of them everyday. Maybe with the AM initials embroidered on the front, then "AnabolicMinds.com" on the back. Not one of those cheap, stand up on your head caps, but a good cap, like the Nike ones. Black of course.

I'll volunteer to do what I can in the Live Help department, but it wouldn't be much since my knowledge isn't at the level of the Mods and others here. I'm good at pointing people in the direction of who to ask though. :D

Oooh ooh ooh, yeah, the hat's a phat idea too...never thought of that one...

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
When I get up tomorrow I'm going to start 'criz-izy-acka-lackin' on some t-shirt ideas. I know I'd definetly buy two or three...especially if there is a nice long sleeve black one available...
Don't you know all AMer's arms are way too large to be fitting in long sleeve Ts. :D

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Depends if you get a good 3XL it should fit mine... :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
We'll keep AM strong. I have faith in our team.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Who wears long sleeves anymore? :D

db682

Awards
  • Established
Who wears long sleeves anymore? :D
We Floridians tend to leave long sleeves out of our wardrobe since its usually 100 freaking degrees here except for the 2 or 3 days a year that we can bring out our cold weather gear. Then its time to flaunt the expensive winter (light winter) jackets that we paid $400 for to wear once then next year there no longer in style.

db

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I would definitely buy a couple T-shirts. I would like to ask that the AM logo definitely be a part of that. I wouldn't mind the androgen molecule on the front or back,but I feel that the "learn teach lead" part of the logo says that we are a lot more than a bunch of mindless muscleheads.

Also I would happily kick in 10 bucks every month or two if I diddn't have to use paypal. :rolleyes:

MaddCapp

Awards
Yeah - I'd go for a couple of Tshirts, too

Cool idea

smike319

Awards
I'm down with this. I don't posess the knowledge of a lot of you guys but I'm confident I am capable of answering most of the newb questions out there, and as far as the more advanced issue, like Cuffs said I too should at the least be able to point them in the right direction..........I think, well maybe? :eek:

Oh ya and I guess I could pry a few bones from my greedy little hands from time to time as long as it's understood that it is not to be used for Chemo's Meth habit. J/K :)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I'll do what I can man. I love this forum. Hell, I spend more time on here per day than I do at the gym. The donation part is easy, what else can i do?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
A huge thank you to all those that have donated...the support has been tremendous!

I have a few people working on T-shirt designs and when I get them I'll post directly. Also, we will be implementing the new voice chat server within a week or two so get your headsets / microphones / speakers in order! This should be a kick ass service...the MOD team has been testing a flavor of voice chat and it has been extremely positive. To get a sneak peek go to http://anabolicminds.com/glassroom/ and log in as a guest. There is a limit of 3 people until the license is paid for and the sound is being fixed...but you can at least see the direction we are heading.

Don't forget that we need help with a few projects. I will be posting in the next day or so a list of positions that need to be filled and who to contact for consideration.

Chemo

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
A huge thank you to all those that have donated...the support has been tremendous!

I have a few people working on T-shirt designs and when I get them I'll post directly. Also, we will be implementing the new voice chat server within a week or two so get your headsets / microphones / speakers in order! This should be a kick ass service...the MOD team has been testing a flavor of voice chat and it has been extremely positive. To get a sneak peek go to http://anabolicminds.com/glassroom/ and log in as a guest. There is a limit of 3 people until the license is paid for and the sound is being fixed...but you can at least see the direction we are heading.

Don't forget that we need help with a few projects. I will be posting in the next day or so a list of positions that need to be filled and who to contact for consideration.

Chemo
Sounds great man. Any word on ways other than paypal we can donate? Or will I just have to buy a T-shirt every month? :D

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I'll look into other payment methods...give me a week or so and I'll have something else up and running.

Chemo

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I can accept credit cards directly now but be warned the name on the account is BDC NUTRITION. I'm not going to set up a merchant account for the board so this one will have to do ;)

Also, I've made it so if you donate money through your control panel it will move you to the Board Supporter member group. There are a few benefits to this system as it will afford the contributing members more privilidges and recognition. For example, all board supporters will have their screen name highlighted in red on every list (just like the MODS). In addition, it will unlock access to certain forums and list them on the forum leaders page. Additional services will be added as we conjure them ;) All members that have donated so far will have their accounts updated...

Click the link at the top of the page or go through your control panel to donate without using Paypal...

Chemo

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Maybe some Tank tops too...Summer is coming...put me on the list.:)

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
If we do put a slogan on the merchandise than I think Brewing Anabolic Minds would be pretty sweet.

<------Waits for Jergo to make fun. :D

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I like all the ideas, I was actually thinking of shirts the other day in the gym...pretty much for the reasons DB stated.

I wouldn't mind helping man the live question thing, I have constant access from about 9 am - 5 pm since I am in IT and sit by my computer most of the day.

What about chemo's avatar?..is that copywritten? It looks pretty cool to me

The shirts should be dark and promote a tough/intelligent look to them.

I will be donating some cash myself..soon. I was staring at the paypal button for like 15 minutes, knowing i really didn't have the extra 10 even..I will do it though so count me in.

h19