Storm of the Century has Me Stranded in DC

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I don't know about storm of the century, but it's bad enough to have my flight to SoCal cancelled. Bull$it!! They are calling for like 10" or some crap like that. Man, I was really hoping to squeeze out of here before it hit.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I don't know about storm of the century, but it's bad enough to have my flight to SoCal cancelled. Bull$it!! They are calling for like 10" or some crap like that. Man, I was really hoping to squeeze out of here before it hit.

Damn - This totally has a "Die Hard 2" feel to it with you being in DC, it being christmas time, and the snow falling down outside. Are you at Dulles?

If you see Col. Stuart or any of his mercenaries running around, you know what to do!

I know it sucks, but it's best to just ride it out right now. Have a safe flight out to So Cal, bud!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha, Yipee Kiyaa motherfukcers.

No, I'm at home, Virgin America were kind enough to send us a text letting us know they cancelled the flight. Our flight isn't till 730 Sat morning, but we are still on fukcing hold trying to find out when we can get out of here. It's redonkulous, they keep coming on and saying my wait time is 234 minutes... they've been saying that for an hour now.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yep I'm in DC as well flying out on Monday.....and man there is some serious F*ucking snow on the ground here.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
This storm is supposed to hit here within an hour or so and get progressively worse until the morning. The best part is, I get to go to work in an hour. Then drive home at 11pm during the worst of it. Yay. Possibly up to 12 inches expected.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Mrs. and I got on a flight 1st thing Sunday morning AND a free upgrade to 1st Class. Now, I just need to get us to the airport sometime between now and 5 am. It's crazy outside right now and lots of snow.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
dude, i've got like 10 inches of sand under my feet, WTF!

Just kidding :D, but it definitely will not being snowing on the beaches by me :D

One time when I lived up north we snow plowed our driveway and made an igloo tall enough that you could stand up on your knees in it.

R

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Hmm...sounds awfull. It's sunny, dry, and windy here in SoCal. Maybe like74 F

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm...sounds awfull. It's sunny, dry, and windy here in SoCal. Maybe like74 F
Ah, SoCal... I will make it there.