Electric shaver

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have extremely sensitive skin on my face. I have tried several razors and shavingcreams and I always get razor bumps very badly. And most times they dont go away, it will sometimes leave a blemish.

So I have been just daily shaving with a hair cutter machine with no guard for now to give myself a 5 oclock type look

I am looking for info on these electric razors. not expecting it to be baby skin soft and actually dont mind it leaving a 5o'clock shadow my hair cutting machine takes a couple passes to get it down which is annoying. Would like to just pass something over my face and it leave me with a very light 5oclock shadow or something similar..

thanks for any suggestions

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I always keep one in my briefcase in case I need to touch up a bit for an unexpected meeting or something. I have owned a few models over the years, and I find that "you get what you pay for" is an absolute rule.

Forget Braun, had too many problems with those, I've owned three models and all of them had similar issues (head hinge rusting quickly on allegedly "wet or dry" models, charger port rusting also, etc.)

My latest weapon is the Philips Architect, a strange-looking swivel-head thing. And to be quite honest, I'd say it is "too good" of an electric, the only one I've ever used that actually shaves closer than shaving by hand. Really, it's probably not for you. The head flexes so much that I always get nicks and whatnot no matter how careful I am. When it flexes, it pinches my skin somewhere inevitably. If you don't mind a guaranteed couple of nicks every time you shave, I would recommend it highly, however I am not even sure if I would buy one again. If I never shaved by hand, it would the be one razor to own. But just for touch-ups, it shaves waaaaay too close in my opinion.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like the hair clippers. Use it for head, face, body and ballsack. Best investment ever :thumbsup:

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah until you nick your sack and it bleeds profusely! BTDT!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im happy with the clippers was just wondering if something worked the same way and took less passes

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I uses this one. No burn and closer than a friggin straight razor. It's pricey but if yo uadd up all the $ you spend on disposable **** and shave cream, it's worth it. I don't know how it will work on your sack though. :dunno:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Electric-Shavers/Arcitec-Electric-Razor/ID=prod3745060&navCount=1&navAction=push-product?V=G&ec=frgl_123487&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku3743906
how is your skin facial sensitivy?

I have no problem spending the money on something that will work, its just I bought one before and Is till broke out in bumps

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pretty sensitive actually. This one is pretty easy on ya. I've tried others before. The cheap ones can be rough on your skin. It's worth shelling out the extra $ for one that works well and doesn't eff up your skin.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the same issue and never could find an electric that did the job without leaving serious bumps and irritation on my neck and dry skin on face. I only spent upwards of 120 though. Figured after that purchase i'd go back to buying disposables... the Machs and 70 blade razors **** my face up more than a bag of 2 blade throw-aways

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried making sure your face is good and wet before lathering?

Also leaving the lather on for a minute or to, to really soften the hair.

Begin with the smoother, easier parts like the cheeks so that the neck and chin have longer to bathe in the lather.

Shaving with the grain if you've got sensitive skin.

Also, use soap after you shave to clean up and soap is supposed to help with the red bumps.

Follow that up with a good lotion, not an alcohol based after-shave.

If you've already tried all of this without success, my bad. I get more irritation from electrics than I do from a razor.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've tried a couple of those methods but the hair on my neck grows in about 5 directions so it's hard to go with the grain. I just go from bottom to top. I've used various shaving creams for sensitive skin and special after lotions/gels but none really seem to work. I have to shave daily for the most part so I’m not shaving anything but stubble usually.

JIXXER

JIXXER

Awards
I like the hair clippers. Use it for head, face, body and ballsack. Best investment ever :thumbsup:

lol....I thought I was the only one....ME>>>minus the body hair...

WE GOT A BLEEDER!!!:toofunny:

JIXXER

JIXXER

Awards
You dont you just squeeze them together to make the skin tight and move them to one side or the other:bigok:.....WOW!

I'm really giving guidance on how to do this...lol:hump:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't trust clippers on the sack gotta use a razor for that the skin gets caught with clippers too easily IMO

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I use a Remington PG-250 7-in-1 Titanium Personal Grooming Kit. Picked one up at walmart a few years ago for about $17 but now they have a different model on the shelves that I've never tested.

You can still find it on amzazon for around $22 plus shipping:

I have really sensitive skin and coarse hair so I get ingrown hairs from time to time, but this is the best general use set I've used for shaving my face and keeping my goatee and mustache groomed. Also good for giving my neckline a trim, or an edge-up on my hairline.

I don't trust clippers on the sack gotta use a razor for that the skin gets caught with clippers too easily IMO
I agree with that, a cheap 2 blade disposable razor or one of those mach 3's is all I can stand to use on the sack. For general "manscaping" though, the trimmers are good, especially with the plastic attachments that allow you to control the hair length.