Pain Throughout Left Arm

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.48%

Pain Throughout Left Arm

It has almost been one full month of constant pain in my left arm. The pain begins around the elbow and proceeds down to the back of my hand. It has caused me to neglect working biceps for sometime and it is very difficult to do daily things with the left hand. Once in a great while I will think the injury has cured and will do some arm exercises at the gym; by the next day the pain is back. I believe most of the pain is at brachioradialis. Once in a while I will also have elbow pain.

Anyone ever had this problem? Any recommendations for recovery?

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.84%

Rest will probably be your best bet. Other than that see a doc. Drugs(pain killers) will just mask the pain while you make the problem worse.
    •   

3. dpfisher

Yep I had that... still do to some extent. Try rest ice and ibuprofen, if it's still there in like 2 weeks look into other options no matter what the doctor says. Physical therapy and stuff didn't help on its own. Cortisone shots are supposed to help, IDK they wouldn't give me any since I'm "too young". After following doctor orders for 6+months with no results, I did 1,4ad and went heavier on the PT exercises than recommended. I still have pain and weakness every day but it's nothing excruciating anymore. I don't think I'll ever be able to lift for power like I used to, but I can still try to get big.
  4. Banned
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Lay off the LHJO for a while. Switch to the AccuJack300TM for a month or so.

GICH!
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.48%

Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    Yep I had that... still do to some extent. Try rest ice and ibuprofen, if it's still there in like 2 weeks look into other options no matter what the doctor says. Physical therapy and stuff didn't help on its own. Cortisone shots are supposed to help, IDK they wouldn't give me any since I'm "too young". After following doctor orders for 6+months with no results, I did 1,4ad and went heavier on the PT exercises than recommended. I still have pain and weakness every day but it's nothing excruciating anymore. I don't think I'll ever be able to lift for power like I used to, but I can still try to get big.
    That is a long time. I am going to see my doctor in a couple of weeks. It's been an unfortunate injury, most of my arm workout comes from close grip pull downs because biceps exercises kill me. Thanks for the info.
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Best advice possible: See a f*cking doctor.
    I hope it does indeed get better, man. Since it's been a month, and is aggravated by certain movement/exercise, seeing a doctor is the best option.
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.53%

Go see a doc. bro. Hope you get better.
  8. dpfisher

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyIOSOS View Post
    That is a long time. I am going to see my doctor in a couple of weeks. It's been an unfortunate injury, most of my arm workout comes from close grip pull downs because biceps exercises kill me. Thanks for the info.
    Yeah you have to go 2 weeks with NO arm work. Baby that sucker. If you keep working out, you will start to lose strength in it as well. If you do that and it doesn't get better, well, you are gonna be stuck working with it for a while.

Reverse wrist curls, focusing on the eccentric, 10 reps about 6 times spread out through the day every day seem to be the best. These need to start LIGHT. I mean like 1lb. You will feel silly. Do it anyway. Increase weight no more than 1lb every week. If they make it hurt worse, like a lot worse not just a little, then use your other hand to lift the 1lb and only do the eccentric. 5 seconds on the way down. You will feel REALLY silly using your other hand to lift 1lb. Do it anyway.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I have a large bone spur on my right elbow, with the tendon attached to it, so the pain gets pretty intense sometimes when doing heavy pushing exercises. It goes away if I take a week or so off, but comes back in full force after a few weeks of heavy lifting. You probably just need to get that fukker x-rayed and find out what the problem is. It sounds like simple tendonitis though, which will heal if you lay off for a while.
  10. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

Quote Originally Posted by BLG View Post
    Time heals all.
    Incorrect.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.84%

Ok Iron-Elbow.
    Ummm ok. You do know he is correct though, right? Time won't necessarily heal everything.

For instance, a torn cartiledge. With a torn cartiledge you need surgery to remove the torn piece or sew it back together. It will NOT heal it self over time, only make itself worse.

I know because it happened to me. No insurance, torn lateral meniscus and $7,000 in medical debt later. Sometimes going to a doctor or even an orthopedist is just a necessary evil.
  12. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

Ok Iron-Elbow.
    It's okay. Anytime that you feel that you are up to discuss any area of proper healing and the ratio in which an injury can cause surrounding (deferred) pain/injuries elsewhere, please let me know. Time will not heal all; that's an idiotic statement that is full of pure fallacy.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.48%

At the moment my arm is feeling good. I am going to the gym tomorrow to workout chest/triceps. I might through in some light forearm exercises. I boosted up my flax/fish oil intake, doubt this will help but you never know..

Similar Forum Threads

1. a mild pain on my left chest
    By Johnfly in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 08:58 AM
  2. left knee pain
    By illgixxer in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 09:14 PM
  3. LG Science Trifecta Stack and Pain on my left rear side??? Help!
    By dudeguzman in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 02:43 PM
  4. Pain in the left shoulder
    By manny1010 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 04:37 PM
  5. feeling a lot better but pain in my left ball
    By Dutch Buster in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 03:11 AM