Ronnie James Dio - early stages of stomach cancer

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

Thanks to all the friends and fans around the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up.

Long Live Rock and Roll, Long Live Ronnie James Dio"

DIO / RonnieJamesDio.com - Official Site of Ronnie James Dio

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
wow. I know he will make it through. he is an inspiration to all of us. Chemo hopefully wont do too much of a number on him. I've have seen what that can do.

*Good Luck Ronnie*

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEV4Tov1GBM"]YouTube- Dio-The Last In Line[/ame]

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Damn. I love Ronnie. I was supposed to see him in Heaven and Hell in August but my grandmom's piece of **** suv broke down on the way there.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
If I could only see one more vocalist live I'd wish to see Ronnie
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOyFE-1LAI0"]YouTube- 1983 Ronnie James Dio "Man On The Silver Mtn" (Rock Palace)[/ame]

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
At least they detected it early and from the sound of it they seem optimistic which is good. I hope he does a US Dio tour and comes to Baltimore or atleast York so I can see him.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Just saw this on the Dio forum
thanks to eddie for this uplifting message.........

"11/25/09: Just hung up the phone with both Wendy Dio and Ronnie James Dio himself. Obviously the news was just released about Ronnie having stomach cancer. I was aware of this a number of days ago but did not say anything public until Ronnie's camp was ready to release the news. As I have said in the past, Ronnie has always been one of my closest friends and biggest supporters over the many years we have worked together doing various things. We have a friendship far beyond just music and he being a musician and me being a host. So I have been in a knot over this news when I was first told about it around a week ago. The results of the many tests he has had were made known yesterday, so now he knows exactly what he is dealing with and will soon find out the course of action. The GREAT news is that it did not spread and is in an early stage! I just hung up with him and he sounded great. The usual RJD, totally commited to "killing the dragon", and he will!. He is not in pain, sounded great, and was ready to do what he has to do and get back on stage and sing like only he can! It was great to have spent about 20 minutes on the phone with him and hear how positive he was and thankful for all the support from his many fans. He's already made a few changes to his diet that he said has helped him feel great and admitted his days of having a few drinks are mostl likely behind him. I will share what I can when I can, but know Ronnie is ready to fight and win, and anyone who knows the man knows he will succeed! Lets all continue to keep him in our thoughts and prayers going forward for a speedy recovery. Yes Ronnie is a great singer and icon for the music we love, but he is an even better person and I know he will beat this!

ET"

http://ronniejamesdio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20045

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
If it makes me people feel any better, my great grandmom had something like this a few years ago and she pulled through and she's 90 now. They just cut the ulcers out.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Message from Wendy Dio

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

You can leave your condolences on Facebook

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
yup. my uncle died this week also. This week sucks

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
:sad2: ........I'm listening to Mob Rules right now, this sucks.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"They say that life's a carousel spinning fast, you've got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams."

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
:sad:

Vtaper

Awards
Damn........RIP Ronnie

A truly one-of-a-kind voice that will be synonymous with heavy metal.