I just hit a telephone pole with my car!!!...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I just got back from wrecking my damn car into a telephone pole. I was on my way to work, had to do a couple things on the way. I live near Pittsburgh, but where I'm at is strictly rural lands. The weather out here now is fvcking horrible we got like 6-7 inches at least just in like 4-5 hours.

I was taking a bend on a back road going under the speed limit and being cautious, I tried to bear with the road, but instead my car had a set path to take and went off the road and smacked right into a telephone poloe and a junked parked car. I had enough time to react, so I laid down my upper body across the seats and turned my back towards the front windshield. I have the lump the size of a fvcking softball on the back of my head. If I were to hit my head in the front, I would have probably had to have plastic/reconstructive surgery. Thank god my prety face is still intact, :D

The damage to the car wasn't TOO TOO bad. No damage whatsoever to the engine. The steering linkage is a whacked out and I'll probably have to have a whole new front end body-wise put on. Taking the good wit hthe bad, I consider my end result to be pretty descent. Just had to tell someone, ;)

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn, well I'm glad you're ok! Sorry about your car though. I guess you hydroplaned? I've had 3 accidents in the rain, I drive like a bluehair in the rain now with schoolbuses passing me. I know it sucks to have wrecked your car, but when you come out of it without being hurt too badly, you've got to feel lucky. You've got a good attitude about it - that PMA will help you with a lot more than just accidents. ;)

COLOSSUS

Awards
good to hear your o.k. bro...........................at least you are still able to lift.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Thanx guys, I just found out that I have a 1000 dollar deductible to pay. :( It seems as though I haven't gotten my rates lowered since I was a late teenager and I had to be put on high risk then. Oh well, I'll have to get a loan for this but, I should be able to pay it fairly quickly. I usually make more dough in the summertime anyways.

intv, it was snow, slush, ice, all mixed together. I need to get the fvck out of this state and move to down south somewhere. :)

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
While you are getting a loan for it you may as well get more on the loan and stock up on PH's and AAS:)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Just glad you didn't get hurt.. but sorry about the car..

db682

Awards
  • Established
That fuckin sucks bro. Glad to here you were able to walk away from it all though. Good luck with the car and everything.

db

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
that sucks big balls man, been there several times now, lol :D

A friend of mine totalled his car tonight, nasty head on collision (luckily he was fine). I guess to my benefit, my car broke down tonight and I had to have it towed to the shop and get a ride. Crazy **** happens when it snows around here near Spring, I hear you about warmer climates ;)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hehe, thanx for the kind words fellas...

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I've been there all too many times. I think about heading south every year at this time. Glad you're not injured. It could've been worse...

A girl I know recently hit a telephone pole & did some good damage to a brand new car, but it was driveable. She had never been in an accident before so she stupidly reported it to the police. Now, not only has her insurance gone up & had to pay the deductible, but she got a $1500 bill from the city to replace the pole she hit.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I've been there all too many times. I think about heading south every year at this time. Glad you're not injured. It could've been worse...

A girl I know recently hit a telephone pole & did some good damage to a brand new car, but it was driveable. She had never been in an accident before so she stupidly reported it to the police. Now, not only has her insurance gone up & had to pay the deductible, but she got a $1500 bill from the city to replace the pole she hit.
Yeah, this was huge pole, no damage was done to it. But in my path of destruction, I hit and knocked over 3 signs. I tore one sign pole completely in half. It was actually stuck in the bottom of the car somehow.

I didn't call the cops. I called AAA, and told the owner of the car that I hit, he was a cool guy. When I got home, my insurance company said that since I have $1000 dollars worth of property damage/accident, I went ahead and took advantage of it and filed a police report. Otherwise, if the police somehow found out I had done that, I'd get burned later for sure, and it would come out of my own pocket. But still, I don't have to worry about any record of what happened, and the only thing that will happen is my insurance premium going up some. I know most of the cops around here anyways, so I couldn't dick 'em over like that if they found out...

Man, I'm glad that I have always had full coverage insurance, if not, I'd be screwed. Another good note is that Progressive said that they offer a new thing as to where they'll take the car to one of their shops, fix it all in one place, and then I get a lifetime warranty on everything that they fixed. Not too bad if you ask me. I'd be paying the same deductible anyhow, might as well take advantage of the lifetime warranty...

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear you're OK bro! That sucks hard.

csakiges

Awards
Glad to know you are ok. These things make you take a step back and appreciate things in life. Yeah, the weather here in NE Ohio has been just aweful. Maybe you can use that money you were going to use on bail money for me will pay your deductible :D . Sorry for the joke, just thought you might feel better. You talked about luckily not hitting the front of you face. Luckily you didn't look like this. Glad to know you're safe. Hope you feel better!!!

Last edited:

PC1

Yeah, it sucks but you know the car can be replaced. You cannot be replaced.

Glad to hear you're ok bro!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Well put!!!!
Heh thanx PCI and the rest.

Hey CS, that pic made me feel better bro, LOL. Not making fun, but you know what I mean. Thanks for the kind words. If we decide to go to the olympia together, we should both have a designated driver... :saw: :D :D

csakiges

Awards
Heh thanx PCI and the rest.

Hey CS, that pic made me feel better bro, LOL. Not making fun, but you know what I mean. Thanks for the kind words. If we decide to go to the olympia together, we should both have a designated driver... :saw: :D :D
Lol. I got what you mean. Good stuff!! i think we are both better off flying or walking!! Both are probably safer.