She's Just Not Worth It

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I felt like getting something off my chest so I just decided to write. Perhaps a discussion will come of it.

I had a discussion with a woman recently that asked me, “Where have all the good men gone?” – A rather normal question, especially in today’s world.

Edmund Burke once said, “I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone.”…But is it? Perhaps it’s simply seeking what is worthy of chivalry.

What I’d like to touch on is not so much the original question at hand, but the statements made in reference to it. It seems almost on a daily basis that I hear women saying how all men are “jerks” or “douchebags” by their definition. – Now, I will be the first to tell you that there is no shortage of douchebaggery in the male population, but to make the assessment that ALL men are in fact such is not only asinine and moronic, it is also adolescent in its very nature.

After she had made these allegations generalizing the male population, I began to contemplate, “Why is it she feels this way? What has she experienced? What hasn’t she experienced? What has life done to her? What have men done to her?” But it wasn’t until I asked myself, “Why can’t she see that good men do in fact exist?” that it hit me…

She’s just not worth it.

The good men are there, and they’re not wasting their time with her.

It’s sad, really, that this woman actually believes that she’s worthy of a “good man.” Her morals surpass lacking. Her judgment is cloudy. Her legs are open and her heart is shut. She cares more about The Twilight series and Grey’s Anatomy than the decisions made in the District that will define her life. She’s bitter. She’s cold. She’s turned off from reality. Small talk is her bag, and donuts are her lunch.

While this woman has characteristics that could be molded into something beautiful, she refuses to do so, and simply goes on with the fairytale, BS Hollywood idea that we are who we are, we can’t and/or don’t change, and that we should be accepted for who we are. Yea, good luck with that, lady.

Before accusing an entire population of a harsh generality that is simply not true, first examine your own life, your own actions, your own friends, and your own beliefs. The fact of the matter is that they CAN change, and perhaps they must.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A good post IC - total agreement.

It leads me onto a personal vendetta I have against celebrities, those that worship them, and the machine the creates them.

The utter vileness of it all is as stomach-wrenching as it is sinister.

A purposely-generated smokescreen to divert the public's attention from the real issues facing the society? Not as far-fetched as some would believe.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Irish Cannon

If I had a dollar for every woman I have heard say that exact same thing.
And as you also said, upon further conversation, quite a few of them are not worth it.

ward0351

ward0351

Awards
It leads me onto a personal vendetta I have against celebrities, those that worship them, and the machine the creates them.
I agree with the OP, but I extremely agree with this one. I can not stand how whole magazines and tv shows are dedicated to the daily activities of those we see in movies and sitcoms.
This does mostly relate to women, who rely on the lives of others to bide their time, instead of actually working to accomplish something themselves.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree with the OP, but I extremely agree with this one. I can not stand how whole magazines and tv shows are dedicated to the daily activities of those we see in movies and sitcoms.
This does mostly relate to women, who rely on the lives of others to bide their time, instead of actually working to accomplish something themselves.
word. Women are cunning creatures. They know the power of ***** and the retarded manner in which men react to it.

I know a few high-earning men in the mining industry who have been entrapped my low-life bitches. That is hook them in, get married, have a baby, then leave them, take there house and half their pay for life.

On top of that, these men have little or no access to their children and have no recourse through the courts. The women teach their children, "Oh, Daddy didn't want us", or in one case "Your Daddy doesn't love you". This was a close friend of mine, and hasn't been in contact for 10 years. Ten fucking years.

. . and you wonder why the male suicide rate is climbing.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I would say the number of "good men" out there is directly proportional to the number of "good women". It's like clearing out a whole forest of trees then wondering why there aren't any birds in the area.

Evolution, whether it be genetic or social, is simple: if it doesn't work, it's going to get phased out. Women have been "voting" for what types of men they want with their cookie. Men will adopt to what works...and have been slowly realizing that women often cheat more than men do now.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I know the feeling. I've viewed meeting woman this way for a long time despite my young age. Mine was more giving girls respect when they ask for it in their actions. I don't respect girls just because they have anatomical parts I don't and a lack of testosterone, and I come off as an ******* to many because they are, for lack of a better term, a waste of genetic material.

The funny thing is, I got in an argument with a girl on friday over this very thing. I personally think chivalry is for the most part dead because guys, at least in my age bracket, don't need it to attract these worthless girls and they adapt to the method of least resistance.

And don't even get me started on the sense of entitlement that everyone seems to have. The worthless ones are the worst about it too.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I would say the number of "good men" out there is directly proportional to the number of "good women". It's like clearing out a whole forest of trees then wondering why there aren't any birds in the area.

Evolution, whether it be genetic or social, is simple: if it doesn't work, it's going to get phased out. Women have been "voting" for what types of men they want with their cookie. Men will adopt to what works...and have been slowly realizing that women often cheat more than men do now.
I see it all the time.
Some of the local teens and early 20's guys pretty much live off their harem of chicks.
With little or no effort.
These girls will bang and pay anything with a penis.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is what it is and the male and female population adapt to what the other gender expects of them during that social time frame. Then there is maturity that changes a person's view on what is a 'good mate'. Won't even cover the dozen other issues that sway and change throughout a lifetime.

I basically say there is no clear answer or solution to finding a perfect someone. You toss aside the obvious stuff (no job, no education, no morals, values, drugs and acohol abuse etc). then you go from there based off what you consider important and move to find that person.

You may be in love for 1 year or 30 before things go nuts. You could last a lifetime...

1. Don't be abusive
2. Don't **** your credit up
3. If you have kids make sure you're able to pay for them
4. Make sure your power of attorney is limited and has an expiration date
5. Prenuptial agreements are like wills... everyone should have one just in case **** goes bad

Make sure those are covered and if your current relationship fails you'll be in a good enough position to survive another attempt :)

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
I felt like getting something off my chest so I just decided to write. Perhaps a discussion will come of it.

I had a discussion with a woman recently that asked me, “Where have all the good men gone?” – A rather normal question, especially in today’s world.

Edmund Burke once said, “I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone.”…But is it? Perhaps it’s simply seeking what is worthy of chivalry.

What I’d like to touch on is not so much the original question at hand, but the statements made in reference to it. It seems almost on a daily basis that I hear women saying how all men are “jerks” or “douchebags” by their definition. – Now, I will be the first to tell you that there is no shortage of douchebaggery in the male population, but to make the assessment that ALL men are in fact such is not only asinine and moronic, it is also adolescent in its very nature.

After she had made these allegations generalizing the male population, I began to contemplate, “Why is it she feels this way? What has she experienced? What hasn’t she experienced? What has life done to her? What have men done to her?” But it wasn’t until I asked myself, “Why can’t she see that good men do in fact exist?” that it hit me…

She’s just not worth it.

The good men are there, and they’re not wasting their time with her.

It’s sad, really, that this woman actually believes that she’s worthy of a “good man.” Her morals surpass lacking. Her judgment is cloudy. Her legs are open and her heart is shut. She cares more about The Twilight series and Grey’s Anatomy than the decisions made in the District that will define her life. She’s bitter. She’s cold. She’s turned off from reality. Small talk is her bag, and donuts are her lunch.

While this woman has characteristics that could be molded into something beautiful, she refuses to do so, and simply goes on with the fairytale, BS Hollywood idea that we are who we are, we can’t and/or don’t change, and that we should be accepted for who we are. Yea, good luck with that, lady.

Before accusing an entire population of a harsh generality that is simply not true, first examine your own life, your own actions, your own friends, and your own beliefs. The fact of the matter is that they CAN change, and perhaps they must.

right on

not to sound chauvinistic or anything but in many ways, women have it far easier than men (in many ways, men have it easier but that's not the point).. especially with this feministic society we live in.

none the less, someone can't expect a 10 when they're only a 2. She'd probably agree that some poor bloke from the streets with no job, no house, no education is not good enough for her royal face. Likewise, a lot of "traditionally" good guys are more than likely far beyond her lame little league.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
word. Women are cunning creatures. They know the power of ***** and the retarded manner in which men react to it.

I know a few high-earning men in the mining industry who have been entrapped my low-life bitches. That is hook them in, get married, have a baby, then leave them, take there house and half their pay for life.

On top of that, these men have little or no access to their children and have no recourse through the courts. The women teach their children, "Oh, Daddy didn't want us", or in one case "Your Daddy doesn't love you". This was a close friend of mine, and hasn't been in contact for 10 years. Ten fucking years.

. . and you wonder why the male suicide rate is climbing.
yea that's exactly what i was talking about when saying "feministic society".... Alimony, unfair child support...

It's sad to see brothers go down like that. I got few mates too who work up in mines and have a trophy club slut who they treat like princesses. The dudes absolutely get leached.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A good buddy of mine has put off his divorce until his daughter gratuated high school. Their marriage was at 14 years but the bitch had cheated on him years earlier where he found letters to his neighbor stating such. Not too long after he found out and time had passed she got him to have sex with her (it had been about 2 years since the last time and thought she was trying to work things out) maryland law stats that once you have sex with your spouse after finding out they cheated on you it nulls their actions.

His wife's grandmother passes away and she ends up getting over 300 thousand dollars to which she gives none to my friend and up until this point he paid ALL of the bills including putting money away for his daughter's college fund. She leaves him and buys a house and blows every dime she has. True to his word, 2 years later he files for a simple divorce but she is close to forclosure on her home and has decided she wants half of everything. His home is six months from being paid off and has bought and paid for two vehicles and a motorcycle over the past 5 years. She wants those as well as his first retirement and half of his current 401k.

Lawyer said he's basically ****ed and should just be happy that he'll have anything when it's all said and done. Didn't matter she never paid any bills or put any money away for their daughter's college or blew all of her inheritance.

**** like that would cause me to lose my mind and kill mother****ers.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A good buddy of mine has put off his divorce until his daughter gratuated high school. Their marriage was at 14 years but the bitch had cheated on him years earlier where he found letters to his neighbor stating such. Not too long after he found out and time had passed she got him to have sex with her (it had been about 2 years since the last time and thought she was trying to work things out) maryland law stats that once you have sex with your spouse after finding out they cheated on you it nulls their actions.

His wife's grandmother passes away and she ends up getting over 300 thousand dollars to which she gives none to my friend and up until this point he paid ALL of the bills including putting money away for his daughter's college fund. She leaves him and buys a house and blows every dime she has. True to his word, 2 years later he files for a simple divorce but she is close to forclosure on her home and has decided she wants half of everything. His home is six months from being paid off and has bought and paid for two vehicles and a motorcycle over the past 5 years. She wants those as well as his first retirement and half of his current 401k.

Lawyer said he's basically ****ed and should just be happy that he'll have anything when it's all said and done. Didn't matter she never paid any bills or put any money away for their daughter's college or blew all of her inheritance.

You just depressed me before my workout.

Dude, that's fckin' awful. I can't believe **** like that can even happen. I know as a law enforcement officer you see the BS that goes on in the justice system, but stuff like this pisses me off more than anything. Fckin' divorce court is the worst. I don't know personally, but stories like this pretty much make it a fact.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established

That is a horrible story........I can't believe the heartlessness of some people..

:thumbsdown:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This type of attitude is not a development of individual personality, as I see it, and is therefore not attributable to individuals per se: it is instead a long and protracted process of developing firmly engendered ideals about the role and status of men and women in relation to one another; a cultural artifact, so to speak, which arose out of a "Cultural Feminism" which "empowered" women. Ironically enough, this "empowerment" comes necessarily at a price - in this case, the "identity profit" (positive self-worth) of contemporary females often comes at the expense of contemporary males.

And similarly it is with this female. From the time she was young, she was inundated by particular concepts about men and our bodies: we are the "less fair sex," we are naturally dirty, naturally violent, less intelligent than females and so on. As she grew older, into an age where sexual attraction is now becoming appropriate, the ideal remains firm, it only morphs into more sophisticated instantiations: men (boys) only care about sex, they are crude - considerably more crude than "you" - it is your duty to be selected, etc. What this all amounts to is most Western males develop an inferiority complex in relation to females; a complex which stresses the one, seemingly undeniable fact which has been woven into the fabric of their self-identity since they were young: no matter how handsome you are, no matter how much security you may provide, no matter how intelligent, charming, sensitive you are, and no matter that you possess all the qualities females demand, you should yet feel blessed that any female, no matter how average, should speak to you - after all, you are a male.

On the other hand, however, it is not only acceptable but encouraged that painfully average females should pine after Brad Pitt and George Clooney, if for no other reason than the precise fact that they are females - after all, after 'X' amount of years of gendered oppression, females are of course naturally entitled to expect everything while proffering nothing, in the way of a relationship, in return. The issue extends considerably further. While these same females robustly scream that no role, vocation, occupation and so forth should be gendered - that is, all females should and can occupy all roles that males can and do - they yet expect the provision of both social goods (domestic labor, child-rearing, etc) and private wealth (cars, house, etc) by "their" men. It is, of course, both unacceptable for a gender-equity standpoint, and completely egregious from a political correctness standpoint, that men-in-general should expect anything from a female in the way of roles; to this end, we are to encourage and accept whatever roles they contingently choose, while we are yet expected to provide.

"Gender hierarchies" are considerably more complex and nuanced than any female is inclined to suggest; and this is particularly true when you closely examine the process(es) of engendering temporally. Males are "led" in this way by females from the time they are born, until they reach their mid-twenties. And yet, there exists surprise that men are not surreptitiously "passing the reigns" soon as they get to this age.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established

That is why I either will not marry legally and live apart or have an ironclad prenup if i do. I had the vasectomy so more kids will not be an issue.
Funny thing is people rag on me about my caution.
I reply that we get medical insurance, car insurance, home insurance, renters insurance, and life insurance; i want insurance that some woman does not take all my hard earned assets past, present, and future and leave me broken in wallet and spirit.

Mulletsoldier broke it down so eloquently.
And be darned if I do not have that same debate at work on an ongoing basis.
Especially the part about some women wanting equality in some areas and inequality in others where it benefits them to get ahead.

Pops died when I was on the edge of teen age, but he did tell me to always watch my back. Because anybody could turn on me, even family.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
That is why I either will not marry legally and live apart or have an ironclad prenup if i do. I had the vasectomy so more kids will not be an issue.
Funny thing is people rag on me about my caution.
I reply that we get medical insurance, car insurance, home insurance, renters insurance, and life insurance; i want insurance that some woman does not take all my hard earned assets past, present, and future and leave me broken in wallet and spirit.

Mulletsoldier broke it down so eloquently.
And be darned if I do not have that same debate at work on an ongoing basis.
Especially the part about some women wanting equality in some areas and inequality in others where it benefits them to get ahead.

Pops died when I was on the edge of teen age, but he did tell me to always watch my back. Because anybody could turn on me, even family.

so f***n true

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This type of attitude is not a development of individual personality, as I see it, and is therefore not attributable to individuals per se: it is instead a long and protracted process of developing firmly engendered ideals about the role and status of men and women in relation to one another; a cultural artifact, so to speak, which arose out of a "Cultural Feminism" which "empowered" women. Ironically enough, this "empowerment" comes necessarily at a price - in this case, the "identity profit" (positive self-worth) of contemporary females often comes at the expense of contemporary males.

And similarly it is with this female. From the time she was young, she was inundated by particular concepts about men and our bodies: we are the "less fair sex," we are naturally dirty, naturally violent, less intelligent than females and so on. As she grew older, into an age where sexual attraction is now becoming appropriate, the ideal remains firm, it only morphs into more sophisticated instantiations: men (boys) only care about sex, they are crude - considerably more crude than "you" - it is your duty to be selected, etc. What this all amounts to is most Western males develop an inferiority complex in relation to females; a complex which stresses the one, seemingly undeniable fact which has been woven into the fabric of their self-identity since they were young: no matter how handsome you are, no matter how much security you may provide, no matter how intelligent, charming, sensitive you are, and no matter that you possess all the qualities females demand, you should yet feel blessed that any female, no matter how average, should speak to you - after all, you are a male.

On the other hand, however, it is not only acceptable but encouraged that painfully average females should pine after Brad Pitt and George Clooney, if for no other reason than the precise fact that they are females - after all, after 'X' amount of years of gendered oppression, females are of course naturally entitled to expect everything while proffering nothing, in the way of a relationship, in return. The issue extends considerably further. While these same females robustly scream that no role, vocation, occupation and so forth should be gendered - that is, all females should and can occupy all roles that males can and do - they yet expect the provision of both social goods (domestic labor, child-rearing, etc) and private wealth (cars, house, etc) by "their" men. It is, of course, both unacceptable for a gender-equity standpoint, and completely egregious from a political correctness standpoint, that men-in-general should expect anything from a female in the way of roles; to this end, we are to encourage and accept whatever roles they contingently choose, while we are yet expected to provide.

"Gender hierarchies" are considerably more complex and nuanced than any female is inclined to suggest; and this is particularly true when you closely examine the process(es) of engendering temporally. Males are "led" in this way by females from the time they are born, until they reach their mid-twenties. And yet, there exists surprise that men are not surreptitiously "passing the reigns" soon as they get to this age.
"If you’ll look at your outlines – I’d like to begin by wrapping up those first 3 chapters of Genesis. I have 2 things I want to address from Genesis here as we finish. First, is what I’m going to call some Key Reminders, and second I want to speak about some objections people make to some of the things that I’ve been talking about over the last couple of weeks. First, let’s look at some Key Reminders:

1. First of all, Genesis tells us that men were created by God to be social and spiritual leaders. If there’s one thing that Genesis shouts to us – although it does it in subtle ways – it tells us that at the core of masculinity is a unique and special kind of leadership. We’re not finished with all that that is yet, but it has very implicit social and spiritual dimensions attached to it. Genesis warns us in different ways – that we can go out in life and accomplish a lot, and we can be a lot and we can do a lot – but if we fail to incorporate these social and spiritual dimensions of leadership into our masculinity, our manhood will always feel incomplete to ourselves, and we will fall short with others.

Genesis tells us that these two dimensions – the social and the spiritual dimensions – are absolutely critical in a man feeling good about himself throughout his life. When men abandon this leadership, for whatever reason, when the pursuit of this leadership is somehow taken away from them – you need to know that chaos always ensues.

When men do not accept the leadership that Genesis presents, or when a society (a society like ours, by the way) ceases to teach young men this social and spiritual dimension of leadership that we’ve seen in the book of Genesis – or even worse, when a society begins to demean this kind of leadership and say it shouldn’t be a part of a man’s life – then it doesn’t take long before that society quickly becomes troubled. When men cease to embrace the things that we’ve been talking about is that society begins to be “dumbed-down”. Men begin to act like boys on a consistent basis. They shun the things that make them men. They ignore them; they no longer embrace them. They’re no longer honored among their society, they no longer reach up high for their masculinity. They begin to act like boys. In the process, women are forced to do what men won’t do.

You know, what’s interesting – there’s a unique passage in the Scripture that speaks to a moment in the life of the nation of Israel. When, because of their rebellion, they turned away from God. They didn’t feel like they needed God anymore and they decided to go their own independent way. So God brings a judgment through the prophet Isaiah and he says to the nation: “Because you’ve ignored Me, because you don’t think you need My instruction, My understanding, I’m going to take real men away from you.” Then, as the prophet Isaiah pronounces this judgment, he begins to describe what that society will look like without real men. I want to read it to you on the screen. Here’s what he says:

“For behold, the Lord God of hosts is going to remove the mighty
man and the warrior, the judge, and the prophet, the diviner, and
the elder, the captain of the 50; and the honorable man.”

So the real men are gone, basically from that society. And here’s what the society begins to look like:

“And I will make mere lads (that is, boys) their leaders, and capricious
children will rule over them, and the people will be oppressed, each one
by another; each one by his neighbor. The youth will storm against the
elder and the inferior against the honorable. And when a man lays hold
of his brother in his father’s house saying, ‘you have a cloak; you shall be
our ruler; and these ruins need to be under your charge.’ He will protest
on that day saying, ‘I’m not going to be your healer.’” (in other words
everybody is saying, ‘somebody, take responsibility for this!’ And
everybody’s saying ‘It’s not my problem; I’m not going to take charge of
that.’) “For Jerusalem has stumbled and Judah has fallen. The expression of their faces bear witness against them and they display their sin in this society
like Sodom. They do not even conceal it. Woe to them, for they have
brought evil on themselves, O, my people!”

Their oppressors are children and in this society. Without real men, women have to rule over them. That’s what you see when men – real men are removed; especially the kind of men who would embrace enthusiastically the social and spiritual dimensions of leadership that we see sketched briefly for us, and hinted softly to us in those first three chapters of Genesis.

What we saw in Isaiah’s time, we see in part even in our day as men are more and more, shunning the noble aspects of their masculinity. When you see that happen in American culture, you also see the same progression of events. First, men become confused, then they become directionless, then they become troubled. And as that happens in men’s lives, then women suffer; and when women suffer they must fight now for their equality and for protection."

Attachments

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I liked to think women are what you make of them but based on what I have seen happen recently I am starting to doubt it.

I have 1 female friend. I can actually speak to her because she is smart in the same analytical way I am. And she can be one of the boys too so she isn't hard to get along with. We have learnt a lot from each other in terms of relationships and such and I guess that's what our friendship is based on as I am not the type to have female friends.

She was in a relationship recently and from what she told me I basically watched all the events unfold, as smart as she is she threw all logic out the window, played her cards wrong, and dug the hole herself for the relationship to go in.
At the end of the day the issue was pretty much no surprise, the way men and women think are just too different, men think logically and women think emotionally even if the guy is an artist and the women is a mathematician. The downside to this is its the logic part of our brains that stop us from doing things such as throwing a marriage with kids out the window.

It surprised me, it has made me realize it doesn't matter what you do or how you handle things there is always a possibility marriages or relationships can go bad.
I think its completely careless not to get a prenup these days.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
That is a horrible story........I can't believe the heartlessness of some people..

:thumbsdown:
sad thing is, the lady probably has herself convinced that she deserves every penny!

dpfisher

Truly good people in either sex are rare and it's really more of a sliding scale since nobody's perfect. I know very few people who are at that top end and probably only half of them are as good as I think, the other half are just good liars.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
could this thread be anymore heinously depressing?!

i must admit that many members of my gender are quite shameless and vindictive. Its quite embarrassing. for the most part, the male gender has it much harder in life in that they usually are the breadwinners, if not the sole providers. Being the head of the household financially is a lot of stress that most women will never truly understand.

many women (not ALL!) feel entitled to certain aspects of life simply because they have a vagina. because of this particular organ, they feel as if they deserve to be financially taken care of, spoiled, etc. Then women whine about men not treating them "like this" or "like that" when in reality, they have not achieved or experienced anything in life to merit them any respect except for being born. so many expect to be treated like a prized race horse when there is nothing that makes them more prized than the other mare standing next to them.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
could this thread be anymore heinously depressing?!

i must admit that many members of my gender are quite shameless and vindictive. Its quite embarrassing. for the most part, the male gender has it much harder in life in that they usually are the breadwinners, if not the sole providers. Being the head of the household financially is a lot of stress that most women will never truly understand.

many women (not ALL!) feel entitled to certain aspects of life simply because they have a vagina. because of this particular organ, they feel as if they deserve to be financially taken care of, spoiled, etc. Then women whine about men not treating them "like this" or "like that" when in reality, they have not achieved or experienced anything in life to merit them any respect except for being born. so many expect to be treated like a prized race horse when there is nothing that makes them more prized than the other mare standing next to them.
This, most certainly.