Sucker Punching

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
I guess my main question here is , what constitutes a sucker punch exactly ?
My situation in question goes thusly :

At a bar , guy is coming on to my girl , ends up grabbing her ass . I get pissed and begin to go after him but the bouncer who is a friend of mine convinces me not to do anything there because he didn't want the cops to get called on me or anything . I tell the groper in no uncertain terms that if I catch him out , he and I are goin round . fast forward a little to a field party where I see the little f**k . Now he doesnt see me and I dont say anything to anyone not even my girl , I walked up behind him grabbed his shoulder , spun him around and clocked him squarley in the chin . It didnt quite knock him unconcious but fell down and had a hell of a time regaining his balance . Before walking off I said to him ; I told you I'd get you . He had no idea I was coming up bahind him or was even at the party but I did warn him . So did I sucker punch him or was he just too much of a sucker and should have been keeping a eye out ?
So what exactly constitutes a sucker punch ?
Anybody else have experience with stuff like this ?

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Don't even sweat it. There are no rules in street-fighting. He got what is referred to as "caught slippin."

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is what you did a sucker punch? Yup!
Did he deserve it for grabbing your girl's ass? No doubt.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
+1 to "caught slippin" and also +1 to Jayhawkk (although, that IS assault, copper)

If you came up on him from behind and clocked him before he had a chance to realize he was about to be in a fight...then yeah, definitely a sucker punch. If you would have spun him around and said "hey, remember me d!ckface?" then swung on him...then that technically wouldn't be considered a sucker punch.

It's moot though. He's a douche and deserved it, so don't feel too badly about it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It shouldn't be this way, but that's a great way to do to jail.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it was def. a sucker punch........I've been a victim of them many times before:zx11pissed:

Did the guy know she was your chick?

If he didn't know, then I have no problem with him.......

Grabbing a little ass does not justify a sukker punch in my book........

If he knew it was your chick and did it right in front of you, than probably.

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it was def. a sucker punch........I've been a victim of them many times before:zx11pissed:

Did the guy know she was your chick?

If he didn't know, then I have no problem with him.......

Grabbing a little ass does not justify a sukker punch in my book........

If he knew it was your chick and did it right in front of you, than probably.
He knew she was with me he just didnt think I was looking when he went for the grab . Was making my girl uncomfortable all night before this .

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
+1 to "caught slippin" and also +1 to Jayhawkk (although, that IS assault, copper)

If you came up on him from behind and clocked him before he had a chance to realize he was about to be in a fight...then yeah, definitely a sucker punch. If you would have spun him around and said "hey, remember me d!ckface?" then swung on him...then that technically wouldn't be considered a sucker punch.

It's moot though. He's a douche and deserved it, so don't feel too badly about it.
Maybe should have given him a little warning . It had been almost a month , but I tend to hold a grudge .:zx11pissed:

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Youre a p*ssy because you only hit him once.
I think deep down oinside , I really like the way you think .
Thanks for all feedback guys . If I was in the wrong I firmly believe that karma will see that I get mine .:cheers:

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Somewhat of a sucker punch. A pure sucker punch would have been to hit him while he was not looking at all...like come up from the side and he doesn't notice you and nail him square in the side of the face/head...pure sucker punch..

However, the latter could potentially end you up in prison if you make contact with his temple..and, good thing you did spin him around. An attack from the blind side toward the back of the head could constitute attempted murder in MANY states. This is especially if he goes unconscious.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Attempted murder? Which states have laws saying a punch in the back of the head is considered AM.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It had been almost a month
DEFINITELY a sucker punch. I thought you saw him at the party later that night.

Not that I condone that douche playing grabby hands w/your broad, but still...unless spin him around and say "its go time" or something before you blast him...textbook sucker punch.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
I love how they tailor the ads in these threads........

"Punching Bag Sale
Every Everlast Bag is on Sale and Shipping is just $2.95. Seriously.
BoxingDepot.com/PunchingBags"

:laugh:

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Like I said, don't sweat it. If you don't go around assaulting women then you have no worries of someone running up on you. What you all call a "sucker-punch" I call using the "element of surprise." Did you get "disqualified?" Alright then. LOL I guarantee you that he'll think twice before doing that again. And I'm impressed that you let him sleep on it for a month! GANGSTA!

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Well in that case he deserved it, although I would have warned him first, for the simple fact that he could re-play the image of my fist coming at him over and over, after I say "Remember me, buddy?"

The punch would have been followed by me walking away and saying " I bet you will remember that."

Problem is now next time he sees you, you might get sucker punched.
That is unless hes a little b!tch, which in that case, dont sweat it.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Attempted murder? Which states have laws saying a punch in the back of the head is considered AM.

750.82 Felonious assault
Sec. 82.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person who assaults another person with a gun, revolver, pistol, knife, iron bar, club, brass knuckles, or other dangerous weapon without intending to commit murder or to inflict great bodily harm less than murder is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 4 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both.

Alabama^ is the same OR VERY similar, Georgia, Mississippi, Maryland, Texas, Kentucky, a few more.
But, a blow to the back of the head? that can be deemed "with intent" so below:

750.84 Assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder.

Sec. 84.

Assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder—Any person who shall assault another with intent to do great bodily harm, less than the crime of murder, shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not more than 10 years, or by fine of not more than 5,000 dollars.
^State of Michigan

I was saying, not murder, but can be deemed as an attempt. Chances of it being his bare hand are not likely though. This is more for when using a blunt object, of course, it could be a bottle or book. Hell, i have a buddy sitting in prison now for hitting someone in the back of the head with a metal trash can that knocked the guy out for 2 hours....he's in on an attempt charge.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
750.82 Felonious assault
Sec. 82.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person who assaults another person with a gun, revolver, pistol, knife, iron bar, club, brass knuckles, or other dangerous weapon without intending to commit murder or to inflict great bodily harm less than murder is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 4 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both.

Alabama^ is the same OR VERY similar, Georgia, Mississippi, Maryland, Texas, Kentucky, a few more.

Sec. 84.

Assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder—Any person who shall assault another with intent to do great bodily harm, less than the crime of murder, shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not more than 10 years, or by fine of not more than 5,000 dollars.
^State of Michigan

I was saying, not murder, but can be deemed as an attempt. Chances of it being his bare hand are not likely though. This is more for when using a blunt object, of course, it could be a bottle or book. Hell, i have a buddy sitting in prison now for hitting someone in the back of the head with a metal trash can that knocked the guy out for 2 hours....he's in on an attempt charge.
I don't think either of these apply. No weapons and while you MIGHT be able to prove intent, you can't prove "intent to do great bodily harm." Any good lawyer would have you out of court in a few minutes.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know someone that I used train with who pushed a dude down and was charged with aggravated assault. The reason for the enhancement: he trains MMA and his hands are "lethal weapons."

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as I know lethal weapon hands is an old wives tale.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Funny, because the lead defensive instructor on POST is behind bars for a random fight at a bar (off POST) the other night. They are charging him with battery with lethal weapon (elbow/knee). I am sure that the POST Commander will pull him from the fire; however, the CPD has a hard-on lately for jailing soldiers.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Once you are a professional, thats the case IIRC.

Yeah, a bunch of kids at my high school tried boxing and they stopped because they'd "have to register their hands." I laughed.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In TX, just training is enough for them to try to enhance it. Once you've competed, you're going to have it pegged on you.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't really work in that context, Rodja. Same for your earlier story... A push is a push regardless of your training. If he used some mma type of move to increase the damage received from the fall. A couch potato pushing someone down the stairs on purpose can still get elevated charges. The training can be used from both defense and prosecution but it isn't a guarantee on either side.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Case: mma guy hits a guy once and crushes his skull.... A non mma guy does the same thing.
It can be argued and defended more ways for each guy. Hate typing this **** on my phone.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't really work in that context, Rodja. Same for your earlier story... A push is a push regardless of your training. If he used some mma type of move to increase the damage received from the fall. A couch potato pushing someone down the stairs on purpose can still get elevated charges. The training can be used from both defense and prosecution but it isn't a guarantee on either side.
It happened. I saw the docket and had to give a character statement. They tried to say that he did martial arts moves to inflict bodily harm. I'm not saying it makes sense, but that's the way it is.

BTW, how old's the pup now?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Three months this week. Due to weather they don't come home for another week so their training gets completed.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I don't think either of these apply. No weapons and while you MIGHT be able to prove intent, you can't prove "intent to do great bodily harm." Any good lawyer would have you out of court in a few minutes.
Not that the OP was in this situation, but to change speeds on the subject for just a sec....if you hit someone in the back of the head and there is evidence that the victim HAD NO KNOWLEDGE of said attack, blind shot, to the back of the head, there's a high chance to prove intent to do bodily harm. Like before, I have one friend that is locked up now from hitting a guy in the back of the head with a metal trash can...another person that I used to work with who is facing attempt now from striking a kid, 16, in the back of his head while he was already face down, when he kicked him in the back of the head...

As I was saying, it's not guaranteed to be attempted murder but it could be trialed as such...same though, they might get off, but I wouldn't want to go through that

I agree though, this situation is much less violent than either of those above, yet, I would not risk taking a "blind shot" on anyone. However, in the event that it meant killed or be killed, then I wouldn't think twice.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

At a bar , guy is coming on to my girl , ends up grabbing her ass . I get pissed and begin to go after him but the bouncer who is a friend of mine convinces me not to do anything there because he didn't want the cops to get called on me or anything . I tell the groper in no uncertain terms that if I catch him out , he and I are goin round . fast forward a little to a field party where I see the little f**k . Now he doesnt see me and I dont say anything to anyone not even my girl , I walked up behind him grabbed his shoulder , spun him around and clocked him squarley in the chin . It didnt quite knock him unconcious but fell down and had a hell of a time regaining his balance . Before walking off I said to him ; I told you I'd get you . He had no idea I was coming up bahind him or was even at the party but I did warn him . So did I sucker punch him or was he just too much of a sucker and should have been keeping a eye out ?
The guy deserved to get knocked around a little,but you are a coward for having done it that way.

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
750.82 Felonious assault
Sec. 82.

Sec. 84.

^State of Michigan

I spent a year in jail for attempted felonious assault for a straight up two man asskicking both parties engaged in willingly, (in Ohio), there has to be more to how this works than just those subsections.

Bmac1775

Bmac1775

Awards
Got what he deserved. He needs to be taught a lesson for grabbing woman anyhow, so good job. Although he prob need another right/left combo to the chin after you leaned down and told him "remember me".

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
**** that... there are no rules when it comes to this. Clock the dude from behind, side, upside ****ing down. You did what you needed to do, and was done with it.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
An oldtimer once told me about a time when he was younger he saw a guy cut in front of a woman at a water fountain and he grabbed him by the back of the head and slammed his faced into the water fountain so hard it knocked him unconscience. If anyone believes this guy deserved anything less, grow a pair.

J

jim623

Don't sweat bro, I would've done the same thing, he deserved it. Don't get caught slippin though, watch your 6!

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established

Def a sucker punch, but **** that...my man is lucky he didn't get a baseball bat to the head for disrespecting you and your girl..can't stand people that disrespect..!!

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
The guy deserved to get knocked around a little,but you are a coward for having done it that way.
No need to be rude about it .:twak: I'm not a coward I just saw red and went to it .
I see where a lot of posters are coming from saying that I should have said SOMETHING before hand but I did tell him at the bar that i wasnt dropping the subject . Just because I didn't write him a letter a week in advance challenging him to a round of fisticuffs doesn't make me a coward .
And yes jim623 I am keeping my eyes peeled . Even though he knew exactly why I did it and he didn't try to fight after he picked himself up I could see this being an issue in the future . I will do my best to protect me and mine .

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No need to be rude about it .:twak: I'm not a coward I just saw red and went to it .
I see where a lot of posters are coming from saying that I should have said SOMETHING before hand but I did tell him at the bar that i wasnt dropping the subject . Just because I didn't write him a letter a week in advance challenging him to a round of fisticuffs doesn't make me a coward .
And yes jim623 I am keeping my eyes peeled . Even though he knew exactly why I did it and he didn't try to fight after he picked himself up I could see this being an issue in the future . I will do my best to protect me and mine .
Why did you hit him when he did not know it was coming?This would seem to indicate a lack of confidence in your ability to beat him in a face to face confrontation,which in my book constitutes a degree of cowardice.
If you were certain that you were justified in the manner in which you dealt with the situation,why did you post a message asking for other peoples evaluation of the way you handled it?
If you feel what you did was just,you have no room to complain when and if he retaliates in a like manner against you.
None of us can read your mind or truly know what you were thinking when you assaulted the guy in the manner in which you did,so it is up to you to guage the merits of your actions.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Q: Was it a sucker punch?
A: Yes

Q: Did he deserve it?
A: Possibly. Based purely from just your side of the story, I'd say he deserved it. He knew she had a bf, and made the choice to disrespect both that and her personal space. Let's be honest - there are always 2 sides to a story though.

If we're going to talk about a case for attempted murder, then you can't rule out making a case for sexual assault. If you don't think it is, then ask some females on an Opera show...

Q: Should the OP have announced in advance that he was going to hit him?
A: (Assuming he truly deserved it), I say 'no'. Did he announce ahead of time/warn the girl he was going to grope his hand on her ass? If not, then why would he deserve any better?

I'm of the school "when you break the rules, you don't get to keep those rules to protect you". While the law disagrees with me, I wish people who violate certain laws do not get all the same rules to protect them.

ie: if you trespass and break into my house, I am allowed to do anything I want to you without being charged for assault. I can't stand that you can get charged for assaulting someone breaking into your home or vehicle. Heck, the burglar can charge you if he trips on something taking your tv away. Sad truth is, a burglar who is alive can press charges and make your life in hell, but a dead one cannot. A cop told me that.

By violating the "code" of not only sexually assaulting a female, but disrespecting the boyfriend as well, he loses the benefit of any fair warning in a retaliation.

Cowardly? Nope. This is not an MMA fight or a fight among honorable men. Is a tiger or any other natural predator a coward for sneaking up on its victims? I'm not worried about anyone sneaking up on me - my hands are respectful of others.

While I do not condone this, hypothetically speaking, I would only attack him when he was alone and without witnesses. I would not give any warning, and I most likely would not stop until I was completely satisfied with myself. Then of course, I'd completely wipe that event from my memory and setup an alibi. But that's just a hypothetical example of something I'd never really do in real life...

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Why did you hit him when he did not know it was coming?This would seem to indicate a lack of confidence in your ability to beat him in a face to face confrontation,which in my book constitutes a degree of cowardice.
If you were certain that you were justified in the manner in which you dealt with the situation,why did you post a message asking for other peoples evaluation of the way you handled it?
If you feel what you did was just,you have no room to complain when and if he retaliates in a like manner against you.
None of us can read your mind or truly know what you were thinking when you assaulted the guy in the manner in which you did,so it is up to you to guage the merits of your actions.
Nah no lack of confidence in that , I'm pretty sure I could take him . Hell I went after him when the situation first occured and he completely saw me coming and how pissed I was but as I stated before it was in a public place and the bouncer intervened . And as previously stated I warned him we were not done .

I never said I was completely certain in my actions . I went off pure instinctual rage when I saw him at the party and sometimes that can cloud judgement . Have you never made a split-second decision and later wondered about it or maybe second guessed yourself ?

We are in the general conversation section of this particular site and this seemed like an interesting thread topic and a way for me to get a little advice on the situation . Thats why I created the thread .

I understand that you disagree with me hitting him as I did (and apparently with me starting a thread about it) and thats cool . To each his own . However I am still interested in how exactly how you might have handled it . From the moment you saw the guy grab YOUR girl's ass to the moment YOU saw him out in a place that wasn't so public , what might have been your course of action ?

M

mcssassin

Awards
man so what you sucker punched a potential rapist. the type of behavior out of that guy warrants much more than sucker punch. all i have heard in defense of this guy is he should have had a warning before you hit him really???? no one is talking about the fact that this guy was forcing his hands on a girl who did not want to be touched. where was her warning im sure he is alot stronger than this girl. what would he have done if no one was around? this type of guy needs to learn the rules of life obviously his parents did not teach him. so if you had to teach him cause and affect or simply responsabilty for his actions....in no other circumstance would i condone this...but you and about 4 of your friends should have beat the **** out of him..hats off to you son of steven!! and for any of you who feel bad for this sexual preditore imagine him at the party he got punched'''''''' trying to molest your little sister or cousin. there ya go picture it.......... oh were on the same page now good!!! hit em again son of steven! if he cant act like a man dont treat em like one... and for god sake dont feel bad for him wtf?

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
man so what you sucker punched a potential rapist. the type of behavior out of that guy warrants much more than sucker punch. all i have heard in defense of this guy is he should have had a warning before you hit him really???? no one is talking about the fact that this guy was forcing his hands on a girl who did not want to be touched. where was her warning im sure he is alot stronger than this girl. what would he have done if no one was around? this type of guy needs to learn the rules of life obviously his parents did not teach him. so if you had to teach him cause and affect or simply responsabilty for his actions....in no other circumstance would i condone this...but you and about 4 of your friends should have beat the **** out of him..hats off to you son of steven!! and for any of you who feel bad for this sexual preditore imagine him at the party he got punched'''''''' trying to molest your little sister or cousin. there ya go picture it.......... oh were on the same page now good!!! hit em again son of steven! if he cant act like a man dont treat em like one... and for god sake dont feel bad for him wtf?

HAHAHAHAHAHA I love it !!
Well put Mcssassin !! Thank you for the support .
What you said boils down exactly what was going through my head when it first happened and I got pissed and what made me snap when I saw him the second time . By no means do I go looking for fights nor look for oppurtunities to blindside anyone in any of the fights that I have been in . My girl is a great person and was not leading this guy on at all or anything like that , she was actually DDing for me and for him to treat her like that made me flip a switch somewhere deep down and that meant one of us was catching a beatdown and thats that . Just so happened I caught him . :AR15firing:

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nah no lack of confidence in that , I'm pretty sure I could take him . Hell I went after him when the situation first occured and he completely saw me coming and how pissed I was but as I stated before it was in a public place and the bouncer intervened . And as previously stated I warned him we were not done .

I never said I was completely certain in my actions . I went off pure instinctual rage when I saw him at the party and sometimes that can cloud judgement . Have you never made a split-second decision and later wondered about it or maybe second guessed yourself ?

We are in the general conversation section of this particular site and this seemed like an interesting thread topic and a way for me to get a little advice on the situation . Thats why I created the thread .

I understand that you disagree with me hitting him as I did (and apparently with me starting a thread about it) and thats cool . To each his own . However I am still interested in how exactly how you might have handled it . From the moment you saw the guy grab YOUR girl's ass to the moment YOU saw him out in a place that wasn't so public , what might have been your course of action ?
I have no problem with you making a thread about the situation,my point is that by doing so,you have to be prepared for the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you on the way you handled it.
To answer your question about how I would have handled the situation,if I were your age at the time,my reaction would have been much worse than yours,unfortunately.I would have approached him straight on,but I would not have stopped with one punch.I have come close to killing people before,and I am not proud of that.
One of the few benefits of getting older is getting mellower and realizing that there are consequences for your actions,whether or not that you are justified in them.
As the above poster stated,what the guy did to your girl constitutes sexual assault.This is one of those situations that would have been better handled through the legal system.
You achieved some momentary satisfaction,but was it worth it in the long run?
Now you have to walk around paranoid about what type of retribution he has in store for you.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you were a real man, you would have hand written him a letter 1 week in advance, informing him of your upcoming actions.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya'll are funny... If we're talking about a serious assault on that lady then it should of been handled that night or by police. If it was minor enough where it basically was just a situation of disrespect then at a later date I would have addressed it to the guy's face and let it go from there. For a couple of reason's.

1. If it was out in a bar and the guy was seriously drunk and apologized, I wouldn't have moved to the assault.
2. I don't put myself in legal situations where I don't have an out. So, if I talked to this dude and he basically blew me off, I would of pushed the situation in my favor for action :)
3. Assaulting someone in that manner with the excuse that it was a grab that happened weeks prior, you're going to have your ass handed to you in court if he decided to sue.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya'll are funny... If we're talking about a serious assault on that lady then it should of been handled that night or by police. If it was minor enough where it basically was just a situation of disrespect then at a later date I would have addressed it to the guy's face and let it go from there. For a couple of reason's.

1. If it was out in a bar and the guy was seriously drunk and apologized, I wouldn't have moved to the assault.
2. I don't put myself in legal situations where I don't have an out. So, if I talked to this dude and he basically blew me off, I would of pushed the situation in my favor for action :)
3. Assaulting someone in that manner with the excuse that it was a grab that happened weeks prior, you're going to have your ass handed to you in court if he decided to sue.
**** happens... I believe that is the problem with general male rational. Thinking this is a minor offense is a downfall to our psyche. Grabbing ass is a violation of someone, and in many womens minds a pretty heavy violation. Considering the centuries of being less than a male, I doubt most think of being treated as an object as a minor violation. God help you if you play some grab ass with a rape victim.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really... a downfall to our psyche? I stated if it was intended and perceived to be serious then the action should of been taken immediately or very shortly thereafter. It's hard to give an opinion on a situation where you have to rely on one party's observation.

Had my girlfriend's ass been grabbed at that time there would not have been a chance for a bouncer to weigh in on the situation until initial action was taken. However, the Spartan mentality and justification aside, we have to abide by our society's restrictions and laws. Having an assault on your record with an explanation listed earlier can lead to issues with employment and loss of finances(lawsuits)

I'm not saying this guy's situation will result any anything additional happening but as an overall guideline on the situation and where it could go, it would be risking a lot.

His situation in court.
Defense: He grabbed my gf 3 weeks ago and saw him and knocked him upside the back of his head
Prosecution: I thought it was a chick I knew and was drunk. I didn't realize this until afterwards

My belief of how to react if 3 weeks passed
Defense: He grabbed her ass and when I saw him I approached him about it to figure out the deal. He became argumentative and thre out insults and pushed me leading me to defend myself.
Prosecution: A lot harder to prove details and most can identify with that situation.

In the end go with what you know since you're the one suffering the consequences... i'm offering my opinion from both personal and professional experience.