M1T ban

Omega

Omega

Awards
i havent been around much lately and im wondering what news, if any, is there on the ban for M1T. i was under the impression it was getting banned ASAP and probably before new years. just wondering if anyone has heard or knows anything. thanks.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
i havent been around much lately and im wondering what news, if any, is there on the ban for M1T. i was under the impression it was getting banned ASAP and probably before new years. just wondering if anyone has heard or knows anything. thanks.
When the time comes, most if not all PHs will be banned togeather with a couple possible exeptions.(6OXO,7Keto for example) M1T has not been singled out. Thankfully the government is dragging ass so we still have time to stock up. The last estimate I heard was from Bruce Kneller witch was 6 months to a year. Stock up while you can.

mark

Awards
No problem. ;)
Bush attempting to amend the Consititution for only the 28th time to ban same sex marriages could keep the Hill busy for a while - might add 6 months to the banning process. :p

M

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
ok so when they do ban them they will probably still be available for research purposes. So as long as we don't use them on ourselves..they will still be available.

h19

ps24eva

Awards
no,

I think the ban will make PH's just like the other steroids

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
ok so when they do ban them they will probably still be available for research purposes. So as long as we don't use them on ourselves..they will still be available.

h19
They will bacome schedule III drugs and you will go to jail.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
I was kidding, they will be listed like any AAS

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
haha, lil johnny gets put in the slammer for his andro-poppers hahaha

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I heard a NY Congressman talking about the ban on Rome's show. He brought up precusors and everything. It will happen (ban on ph/ps) w/ in the year imo. The Balco thing did not help. Knellar saying 6 mos. sounds about right.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
I wonder why it hasn't gotten that much media coverage, or at least none that I have seen

h19

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I wonder why it hasn't gotten that much media coverage, or at least none that I have seen

h19
The only media coverage I have seen on Andro was about 1 year ago in HBO's Inside Sports. The show of course portrayed Andro and Ephedra like heroin or crack. I too wonder why it's not getting the same ephedra is getting since the media likes to sell stories.

djs2000

Awards
saw this ob another board

NEW YORK (AP) - A New York congressman reintroduced legislation Tuesday to criminalize andro, the steroidlike substance Mark McGwire used the season he hit 70 home runs.

Rep. John E. Sweeney, speaking during a news conference at the baseball commissioner's office, also criticized the baseball players' association as an obstacle.

``It's a small group of people at the top of the union, because of their own particular self interests, are really the obstacles here,'' Sweeney said. ``It's not major league baseball that's obstructing,'' he added saying the union ``leadership chooses to ignore their own membership ... and isn't concerned about the overriding public health issue.''

Gene Orza, the chief operating officer of the players' association, said Sweeney inaccurately described the union's position.

``We have no objection to the passage of the bill he is cosponsoring, and no self-interest in the matter whatsoever - unless he equates protecting the right of players to take whatever he can with self-interest,'' Orza said in an e-mail.

Sweeney, a New York Republican, introduced similar legislation in previous years to ban androstenedione and other steroid precursors, but those bills failed. While in the past he attempted to broadly define steroid precursors, his latest bill specifically defines a list of substances to be banned.

It is supported by House Judiciary Committee chairman F. James Sensenbrenner Jr. and John Conyers Jr. D-Mich., the ranking minority member.

Baseball commissioner Bud Selig, who banned players with minor league contracts from using andro, also backed the legislation.

``The illegal use of steroids and other performance-enhancing substances is detrimental to the integrity of the game and the long-term health of the athletes who use them,'' Selig said in a statement.

Andro is not classified as a steroid and players with major league contracts may use it. In 1999, a year after hitting a then-record 70 homers, McGwire gave up andro, saying he didn't want kids to take it because he did.

Much of the news conference was devoted to discussions of the federal grand jury investigation in California. Barry Bonds' trainer, Greg Anderson, was indicted on charges of illegally distributing steroids to athletes. Anderson has denied the charges.

Bonds, who broke McGwire's record by hitting 73 in 2001, was among those called to testify before the grand jury. Jason Giambi and Gary Sheffield also testified - all three have denied using steroids.

``Are we concerned about the impact this might have on the game? Yes. But we're also not ready to prejudge anyone as a result of what's come out so far,'' said Bob DuPuy, baseball's chief operating officer. ``Other than Mark McGwire admitting that he used andro, we don't have any established evidence that any player used any particular substance or that it had an impact on that particular player's performance during any given year.''

Sweeney said players ``involved in illegal substances'' should have an asterisk placed next to their names.

``The trick to this thing is that some of these substances at different periods of time were not illegal or were not detectable,'' he said.

DuPuy said baseball officials had discussed whether the grand jury investigation was sufficient for them to invoke a provision in baseball's labor contract allowing even more frequent testing ``for cause'' but said no decision had been made.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Anabolics 22
Anabolics 25
Supplement Auction 2
Cycle Logs 10