Douchebags at the gym...

Page 272 of 438 First ... 270271272273274 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    I get my protein from.... :P
    I don't think that's enough protein/serving...
    ( big eyes..) .

2. Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    I don't think that's enough protein/serving...
    ( big eyes..) .
    40g isn't enough pwo?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mystere3 View Post
    40g isn't enough pwo?
    I do 30g, half hr pwo ..
    But I'm light weight...
    ( holding on to the counter, while standing on the scale....)......lol.....

4. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post

Coconut milk, Milk of Magnesia, Milk thistle..... need I go on? Lol!
    I know, I'm a smarta$$!
    Better than being a dumbass.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Better than being a dumbass.
    Hahaha, true! Unfortunately, I've been called that too. I think most of those times were by me so do they really count?
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

6. On this wonderful day I shall go and curl in the squat rack!!! Breaking down the laws that govern us on this day
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep--Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/277069-new-year-new.html#post5232295

7. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    On this wonderful day I shall go and curl in the squat rack!!! Breaking down the laws that govern us on this day
    And God said onto the douche bag, "go forth and piss off the beasts of the land for I made you in the image of my bowels." And it was so.
    John chapter 3
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

8. I have a confession, I do sometimes curl in the squat rack :-( BUT! It's only because the preloaded straight bars on the rack only go up to 110 and the only other place to use a straight bar is on a bench and I don't really like straddling the bench to do curls. Plus I go to the gym around 10am and it's mostly dead, I like it like that and no one is waiting to use it. Plus there's 4 squat racks and a cage. Had to get that off my chest. Lol

9. Quote Originally Posted by hurdlemaker View Post
    I have a confession, I do sometimes curl in the squat rack :-( BUT! It's only because the preloaded straight bars on the rack only go up to 110 and the only other place to use a straight bar is on a bench and I don't really like straddling the bench to do curls. Plus I go to the gym around 10am and it's mostly dead, I like it like that and no one is waiting to use it. Plus there's 4 squat racks and a cage. Had to get that off my chest. Lol
    As long as you aren't slowing down people or preventing leg workouts.. you are forgiven.
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice

10. Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    As long as you aren't slowing down people or preventing leg workouts.. you are forgiven.
    Yea if its slow, theres no shame in curling in the squat rack.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post

Yea if its slow, theres no shame in curling in the squat rack.
    Unless you are using little person weight. Then there is lots if shame

12. Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post

Unless you are using little person weight. Then there is lots if shame
    Define "little person weight" because I'm concerned I might fall into that category.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by hurdlemaker View Post
    I have a confession, I do sometimes curl in the squat rack :-( BUT! It's only because the preloaded straight bars on the rack only go up to 110 and the only other place to use a straight bar is on a bench and I don't really like straddling the bench to do curls. Plus I go to the gym around 10am and it's mostly dead, I like it like that and no one is waiting to use it. Plus there's 4 squat racks and a cage. Had to get that off my chest. Lol

Attachment 97113
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

14. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post

Define "little person weight" because I'm concerned I might fall into that category.
    Im talking about curling the 45lb bar by itself or putting 10s on it. By putting 35s or more on the 45lb bar you are crossing the threshold between little person weight and big person weight.

There is no problem curling light weight. But if you are in a squat rack it better be because you couldn't load up a bar with enough weight elsewhere in the gym.

15. Haha, yes, I'm curling at least over 135 if i'm occupying the rack, which is what half of the gym squats anyways lol

16. Not at the gym, but I'm going to put it here because cops are douchebags...

My street required Police assistance tonight due to some drunk punks causing trouble, & all we got was a drive by spotlighting... That's about as handy as those fake sirens on security cars... Great job cops, great fuking job... We now know you are capable of driving slowly up & down a street with a fancy spotlight shining... That training must've been difficult you pieces of $hit...

17. I straight up hate not having a partner to workout with. Did some heavy 5x5 squats today and all 5 different people I asked had no idea how to spot a squat. That and I feel like a dickhead asking a random, they're prolly thinkin I'm trying to show off or some **** when in reality I just don't wanna....die.....

**** commercial gyms
    "if there's one thing women love, it's a vascular man" - stewie griffin

18. Quote Originally Posted by tjbruno View Post
    I straight up hate not having a partner to workout with. Did some heavy 5x5 squats today and all 5 different people I asked had no idea how to spot a squat. That and I feel like a dickhead asking a random, they're prolly thinkin I'm trying to show off or some **** when in reality I just don't wanna....die.....

**** commercial gyms
    Lol, don't you work at Gold's gym?!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

19. I did until recently. Golds was a cluster and I just couldn't make enough, had to move out my apt. n ended up movin back home with my parents which is a nightmare on its own lol

Tough to earn a living in the fitness industry, it's super competitive. I got a firefighter exam in a couple months so I'm hopin that will work out and I can be a PT part time...
    "if there's one thing women love, it's a vascular man" - stewie griffin

20. Quote Originally Posted by tjbruno View Post
    I did until recently. Golds was a cluster and I just couldn't make enough, had to move out my apt. n ended up movin back home with my parents which is a nightmare on its own lol

Tough to earn a living in the fitness industry, it's super competitive. I got a firefighter exam in a couple months so I'm hopin that will work out and I can be a PT part time...
    Good luck! Yah, my gym membership is $50 a month. Did I really need 3 pools, 2 hot tubs, 2 basketball courts, 2 racket ball courts, a tanning booth, a chiropractor, all the spinning classes I can take, ****ty gym hours, and blah, blah, blah?! Nope! I go straight to the weight room and cardio. Sigh**** I miss my old gym.

21. Quote Originally Posted by tjbruno View Post
    I did until recently. Golds was a cluster and I just couldn't make enough, had to move out my apt. n ended up movin back home with my parents which is a nightmare on its own lol

Sucks man. I lift at golds but mine is pretty hardcore. All thee newbs lift on the military gyms and serious people lift at golds in town. Makes my gym time nice

22. Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    Im talking about curling the 45lb bar by itself or putting 10s on it. By putting 35s or more on the 45lb bar you are crossing the threshold between little person weight and big person weight. There is no problem curling light weight. But if you are in a squat rack it better be because you couldn't load up a bar with enough weight elsewhere in the gym.
    Sometimes i curl DBs in the squat rack just to make people mad. ....not serious.

23. Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post

Sometimes i curl DBs in the squat rack just to make people mad. ....not serious.
    I load up a 45lb bar and lift it unto my back and squat in the preacher curl rack. The Bicep Brigade gets butthurt

24. Hahaha, but no plates???

25. Almost peed myself a lil bit yesterday!!! So, what's the reason behind doing Farmers Walks??? Help build forearm and grip strength....correct???
    So riddle me this sht: why in the bloody hell did I see a guy doing farmers walks using straps? I wish I made this up! All I could do is stop and stare...oh, and I may have pointed and laughed and called him an idiot. (Co-worker...I'm allowed to ridicule his stupidity)

26. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Almost peed myself a lil bit yesterday!!! So, what's the reason behind doing Farmers Walks??? Help build forearm and grip strength....correct??? So riddle me this sht: why in the bloody hell did I see a guy doing farmers walks using straps? I wish I made this up! All I could do is stop and stare...oh, and I may have pointed and laughed and called him an idiot. (Co-worker...I'm allowed to ridicule his stupidity)

Actually it's one of the best core exercises you can do when done correctly..... Just sayin

27. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Actually it's one of the best core exercises you can do when done correctly..... Just sayin
    would you use straps for them?? I'm guessing no.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Almost peed myself a lil bit yesterday!!! So, what's the reason behind doing Farmers Walks??? Help build forearm and grip strength....correct???
    So riddle me this sht: why in the bloody hell did I see a guy doing farmers walks using straps? I wish I made this up! All I could do is stop and stare...oh, and I may have pointed and laughed and called him an idiot. (Co-worker...I'm allowed to ridicule his stupidity)
    Not necessarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post

This.

Plus, they are great for the traps, posterior chain, hips, quads, and all of the other muscles in the arms/back that help take the strain, along with being great for overall conditioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    would you use straps for them?? I'm guessing no.
    I don't, because I compete as a strongman and am not allowed to use straps in competition.

But, if I wasn't training for that, and my grip was a limiting factor that stopped me from getting the training stimulus I was looking for then why not?

29. I stick by it. Seems like missing the main point to me