Douchebags at the gym...

Page 263 of 292 First ... 258261262263264265268 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    love2liftkat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,408
    Rep Power
    3786160
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    49.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting AuthorityPosting Pro

    I agree Puccah! Who cares and why should it be an issue! There's an obvious difference between those girls and the girls who actually train! You can spot them in a heartbeat! Really and truly we shouldn't be judging other people. We are all different and you never know what the other person is currently dealing with or what they've had to deal with in the past!
    Rep for TGB Supplements and LG Sciences
    Use kat5 @ www.tgbsupplements.com
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

  2. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,724
    Rep Power
    189573
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    98.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Was in the locker room yesterday taking a piss and I hear this dude talking to his buddy say "ya I'll be ready in a minute just let me put my makeup on". What's this world coming to dudes rockin pink shirts, skinny jeans and makeup. What happened to being a real man. When did it become fashionable to be feminine.
    I lift in a pink shirt .... Can't fit in skinny jeans tho quads to big

  3. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,916
    Rep Power
    1453262

    Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Just because I wear makeup doesn't mean that I don't train just as hard as everyone else. Who cares what I look like at the gym or on here, or what I say, I'm not hurting anyone. I mind my own business at the gym and I always try to support everyone on here, whether they hate me or not.
    By agreeing to these rules and statements, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    puccah8808's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,628
    Rep Power
    1985096
    Level
    78
    Lv. Percent
    0.09%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-
  5. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,916
    Rep Power
    1453262

    Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    So I guess everyone on here read and agreed.
    It has been politely communicated to you and everyone within earshot that it is these sort of posts that are not appreciated or welcome yet you are very slow on the uptake. It does not matter who likes or dislikes aside for the board staff.

    Patience has been extended to you and others yet the behavior persists. Would you rather the sledgehammer approach be used?
  6. Elite Member
    puccah8808's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,628
    Rep Power
    1985096
    Level
    78
    Lv. Percent
    0.09%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    It has been politely communicated to you and everyone within earshot that it is these sort of posts that are not appreciated or welcome yet you are very slow on the uptake. It does not matter who likes or dislikes aside for the board staff. Patience has been extended to you and others yet the behavior persists. Would you rather the sledgehammer approach be used?
    I would rather you communicate through emails with me instead.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-
  7. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,916
    Rep Power
    1453262

    Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    I would rather you communicate through emails with me instead.
    Oh really? You have had infractions about your pictures. No?

    So now we are to accommodate you in the manner that you feel fit?!

    You and everyone else are guests here and are to abide by the boards methods and policies. Please remember that.

    Please, let's all move on without incident.

    Thank you.
  8. New Member
    keithgeiling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    93639
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Oh really? You have had infractions about your pictures. No? So now we are to accommodate you in the manner that you feel fit?! You and everyone else are guests here and are to abide by the boards methods and policies. Please remember that. Please, let's all move on without incident. Thank you.
    puccah didn't post anything that should get attention negatively. She did day that she supports people on here.
  9. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,916
    Rep Power
    1453262

    Quote Originally Posted by keithgeiling View Post
    puccah didn't post anything that should get attention negatively. She did day that she supports people on here.
    You have no idea what you are talking about in regard to the scope of the matter. Please move on as requested. Please. Thank you!

    For the record the rules as stated apply to both males and females. Give it a break with the vulgar, sexual and innappropriate posts.

    Again - thank you!
  10. Elite Member
    Piston Honda's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,545
    Rep Power
    10297379
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    64.77%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about in regard to the scope of the matter. Please move on as requested. Please. Thank you!

    For the record the rules as stated apply to both males and females. Give it a break with the vulgar, sexual and innappropriate posts.

    Again - thank you!
    How did you get below a million rep points? Or am I just imagining things?
  11. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,916
    Rep Power
    1453262

    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    How did you get below a million rep points? Or am I just imagining things?
    I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. I can't recall the meter/measure for points aside from approve/disapprove. I can't recall any neg reps but who knows. I think it may be inactivity. There's not much I engage in otherwise as I'm an old man in a younger crowd community
  12. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    991
    Rep Power
    242098
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    84.61%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    If you wear a belt and gloves on a hack squat with 25s you might just be a dbag
    The Swole Stoner
  13. New Member
    ajbogs's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    31225
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    51.2%

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    If you wear a belt and gloves on a hack squat with 25s you might just be a dbag
    More like pussbag
  14. Professional Member
    DangerDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,942
    Rep Power
    1078855
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    20.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    If you wear a belt and gloves on a hack squat with 25s you might just be a dbag
    Sounds like the same guy who puts clips on the smith machine...
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice
  15. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,775
    Rep Power
    2745303
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    99.93%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    Sounds like the same guy who puts clips on the smith machine...
    Quit talking about me DD! Lol
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  16. Professional Member
    DangerDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,942
    Rep Power
    1078855
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    20.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Quit talking about me DD! Lol
    Well if you weren't such a window licker... Haha
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice
  17. Elite Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,918
    Rep Power
    3168679
    Level
    78
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    Sounds like the same guy who puts clips on the smith machine...
    A guy last week managed to slide a 45 off of the smith because he didn't use his clips.
    Black Lion Research Representative
  18. Elite Member
    superbeast668's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,456
    Rep Power
    3043806
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    90.55%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    A guy last week managed to slide a 45 off of the smith because he didn't use his clips.
    How?! Did one of the rails break? I didn't think it was possible...
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  19. Elite Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,918
    Rep Power
    3168679
    Level
    78
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting AuthorityPosting Pro

    No, there is quite a bit of wiggle room and if you load up one side, the heavier side has about a 2" difference- enough to allow a weight to slide after several reps.
    Black Lion Research Representative
  20. Elite Member
    superbeast668's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,456
    Rep Power
    3043806
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    90.55%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    No, there is quite a bit of wiggle room and if you load up one side, the heavier side has about a 2" difference- enough to allow a weight to slide after several reps.
    Fair enough.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  21. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    991
    Rep Power
    242098
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    84.61%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Really, I don't use clips for anything and I've never dropped a plate
    The Swole Stoner
  22. Senior Member
    IrishSoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Power
    333794
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Really, I don't use clips for anything and I've never dropped a plate
    I'm Clip King
  23. New Member
    juniorab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    500966
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    97.88%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    No, there is quite a bit of wiggle room and if you load up one side, the heavier side has about a 2" difference- enough to allow a weight to slide after several reps.
    That must be one hell of an old machine. Even if it isn't, that thing needs to be replaced. Smith's shouldn't have that much play in them.
  24. Elite Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,918
    Rep Power
    3168679
    Level
    78
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting AuthorityPosting Pro

    Who knows, I don't use that thing.
    Black Lion Research Representative
  25. Senior Member
    nicksox15's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,707
    Rep Power
    2918966
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    0.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Speaking of smith machines.... Dude today had drug a bench over from a good distance away to do bench on the smith machine. With 25 lbs on each side.
    Myokem Rep
    facebook.com/MyokemPage
    http://myokem.com/
  26. Senior Member
    funkd0c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,642
    Rep Power
    31351
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    5.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    Speaking of smith machines.... Dude today had drug a bench over from a good distance away to do bench on the smith machine. With 25 lbs on each side.
    Everyone has to start somewhere!!
  27. Elite Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,918
    Rep Power
    3168679
    Level
    78
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Everyone has to start somewhere!!
    Yep. I'd much rather see a guy starting out with some 25s on a smith machine than a hulking bruiser with multiple plates on it thinking he is getting the same workout as not using it.
    Black Lion Research Representative
  28. Senior Member
    Magdalena's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,213
    Rep Power
    2042106
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    7.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Everyone has to start somewhere!!
    How bout the Olympic bar?
  29. Senior Member
    Magdalena's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,213
    Rep Power
    2042106
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    7.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Yep. I'd much rather see a guy starting out with some 25s on a smith machine than a hulking bruiser with multiple plates on it thinking he is getting the same workout as not using it.
    Come on, lol...
    I'd rather c a guy use an Olympic bar with 5's on it , than the smith b!tch with 2, 25's, ha ha....


    I'd even spot the guy!
  30. Senior Member
    nicksox15's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,707
    Rep Power
    2918966
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    0.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Yea, gotta start somewhere obviously but that's not the right place. Setting up for bad habits
    Myokem Rep
    facebook.com/MyokemPage
    http://myokem.com/
  31. Senior Member
    funkd0c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,642
    Rep Power
    31351
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    5.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    Come on, lol... I'd rather c a guy use an Olympic bar with 5's on it , than the smith b!tch with 2, 25's, ha ha.... I'd even spot the guy!
    Yes, I can understand where you're coming from here. But, circumstances like not having a spot when you're "going heavy" could be a reason for him using it. Not everyone is social enough to feel comfortable asking a stranger to spot them either.

    But, yes it may build a bad habit if used too much when someone just begins lifting.
  32. Senior Member
    Magdalena's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,213
    Rep Power
    2042106
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    7.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Yes, I can understand where you're coming from here. But, circumstances like not having a spot when you're "going heavy" could be a reason for him using it. Not everyone is social enough to feel comfortable asking a stranger to spot them either. But, yes it may build a bad habit if used too much when someone just begins lifting.
    He was using 25's , lol...
    That was the funny part....
    Olympic bar would've been better..
  33. Senior Member
    funkd0c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,642
    Rep Power
    31351
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    5.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    He was using 25's , lol... That was the funny part.... Olympic bar would've been better..
    Agreed. well we can laugh but you never know someone's full reasons unless you ask them. Ya know? Maybe he's allergic to the Olympic bar!
  34. Senior Member
    Magdalena's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,213
    Rep Power
    2042106
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    7.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Agreed. well we can laugh but you never know someone's full reasons unless you ask them. Ya know? Maybe he's allergic to the Olympic bar!
    Ha ha, u bet! And believe me I do ask, lol....
    In a very nice way....
  35. Elite Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,918
    Rep Power
    3168679
    Level
    78
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting AuthorityPosting Pro

    I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt and mind my own business in the gym unless asked.
    Black Lion Research Representative
  36. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    991
    Rep Power
    242098
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    84.61%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    I'll mind my own business but that doesn't mean that I can't be laughing on the inside
    The Swole Stoner
  37. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,238
    Rep Power
    1656018
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post

    Come on, lol...
    I'd rather c a guy use an Olympic bar with 5's on it , than the smith b!tch with 2, 25's, ha ha....


    I'd even spot the guy!
    **** ya mags, you can spot me when I go for my 1rm aka bar onlyyyyyy
  38. Elite Member
    love2liftkat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,408
    Rep Power
    3786160
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    49.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting AuthorityPosting Pro

    4 Bench's open and he chooses the squat rack?! Smhl
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rep for TGB Supplements and LG Sciences
    Use kat5 @ www.tgbsupplements.com
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20
  39. Professional Member
    AntM1564's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,126
    Rep Power
    4312982
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    62.3%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    ^^^If he was going heavy, I don't blame him. If I go heavy on bench and do not have a spot and no one looks like they will be a good spot, I will set up in a power rack, just in case. That setup looks perfect for him if he gets stuck.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  40. Advanced Member
    todd muelheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    584
    Rep Power
    516745
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    34.9%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    The power rack looks empty too. So who cares?
  

  
 

Log in
Log in