Douchebags at the gym...

Page 205 of 462 First ... 203204205206207 ... Last

1. I really think it's crazy how many people get talked to at the gym, I really do. Asking to work in, witty banter, whatever.

I was just thinking about how many times over the last 6 months or so I've been spoken to by someone other than a PL coach, and I'm sure it's been 3 times.

Once by the gym owner reaming my ass for rounding by back on a DL, once by a dude asking for a spot on his 455x5 bench (lol if you fail I'm not sure I can help), and once by someone asking if I was using a rack.

I must look absolutely unapproachable.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

2. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    And coming from the other side. Some advanced power lifters need longer breaks. It's part of our training. Don't rush us. Ask us to work in and any reasonable person will allow it as long as you change your own weights out. If I'm deadlifting 500+ you can bet I'm not gona let you work in to do curls though!!!!
    relax country, your 135lbs squats are no where near advance, lemme know when you break 155lbs holmes
    •   

3. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post

relax country, your 135lbs squats are no where near advance, lemme know when you break 155lbs holmes
    How you know my squat numbers?

4. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Actually I said deadlift, and it's an elite level lift not advanced.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

5. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    How much you pulling these days?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I dunno I need to be maxing soon. Haven't pulled a max effort since June. Probably sometime next cycle/2 of 5/3/1. Hit 485x6 last week. I need to get committed to a meet and see what that will produce.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

8. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I dunno I need to be maxing soon. Haven't pulled a max effort since June. Probably sometime next cycle/2 of 5/3/1. Hit 485x6 last week. I need to get committed to a meet and see what that will produce.
    Definitely need to test that to see what your true 1RM is. The rep calculators get increasingly more inaccurate with each additional repetition.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. Quit beatin around the bush already, Country, and do a damn meet.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

10. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    bruh you dont even pull. bicep curls are the only thing you do, lets face it!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Definitely need to test that to see what your true 1RM is. The rep calculators get increasingly more inaccurate with each additional repetition.
    Yup. I pulled 550 then, so I should be pulling 570-580 I would think now. Problem is due to the plate thickness at my gym I can only do 545 or 585. The bar is filled up, and no 35s. so I want to make sure I'll nail it before I make an attempt. Also the bars SUCK at this gym. No slack to them and thicker than normal for who knows what reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Quit beatin around the bush already, Country, and do a damn meet.
    The one I was tryin to do is this weekend... and there is another push/pull meet close by this weekend I was considerin. Schools just been so crazy lately I haven't had time to do anything but focus on it and get my training in. I'm gona try and find one over my break or else pick one out for the summer. These 2 meets came right at the end of my 6 weeks of 5-3-1 so not at all in shape to do a meet. I would have to tone this week down. I would really rather do a full meet than a partial though. But you are right I need to stop making excuses and do one. Training has been great lately and I'm sure the motivation to prep for a meet will only fuel the fire.

12. Do it.......
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com
  13. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Do it.......
    Ben stiller.
    Starsky and hutch.
    Do it
  14. "Aren't two sparrows sold for a small coin? But not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father knowing about it already. Even the hairs of your head are all counted. Don't be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows."

15. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Machines are one thing, but when I'm squatting and a kid wants me to unrack 4 plates after each set for him to squat 135, I get a little irritated. Just wait till I finish and it's yours. Unless you're going to be using the same or close to the same weight, don't step into someones free-weight session.
    That scenario isn't a reasonable if someone expects you to let em work in with you while doin squats

16. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    who?

17. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    who?
    Not you! Someone who seems to have a very large chip on their shoulder. Need I say moar?
    "Aren't two sparrows sold for a small coin? But not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father knowing about it already. Even the hairs of your head are all counted. Don't be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows."
  18. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post

Not you! Someone who seems to have a very large chip on their shoulder. Need I say moar?
    Context clues are strong with this one

19. I was a bit of a douche tonight. Got lots of stares. Pushed my workout partner through a set of bent over rows and afterward he laid down next to a trashcan. I kept telling(quite loudly) to get up. For the next 2 exercises I brought the weights to him as he stayed close to the trashcan. After that I just dragged the trashcan around.

Fat high school kid decided to max out on leg press. Loaded up as many 45s as he could to do a single half rep. When he starts pulling plates off I start taking them and he just stops taking plates off. I might have made a joke about the only thing he was doing was training to be a professional loader. What is worse is I found out who his dad is. He is this guy that something about how I am going to hurt my back deadlifting and I was only warming up with 315.

20. There was a douche tonight who loaded the leg press machine with 45s (12plates), did 2 sets of half reps then left all the plates on the machine.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

21. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    There was a douche tonight who loaded the leg press machine with 45s (12plates), did 2 sets of half reps then left all the plates on the machine.
    Be glad your leg press only held 12 plates. I think the one at this fitness center holds 28 total plates.

22. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    There was a douche tonight who loaded the leg press machine with 45s (12plates), did 2 sets of half reps then left all the plates on the machine.
    Lots of videos on youtube of douches doing that haha. Loading up like 25 plates and doing pretty much nothing with it

23. Quote Originally Posted by IrishSoldier View Post

Lots of videos on youtube of douches doing that haha. Loading up like 25 plates and doing pretty much nothing with it
    I was staring at him while he was doing his half reps and the douche in me laughed(with my head down). Then I stared at him again when he left all the plates(evil eyes)!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-
  24. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

Be glad your leg press only held 12 plates. I think the one at this fitness center holds 28 total plates.
    Ask how much they squat...

25. The leg press at my gym is a douche the platforms like 2" to high for me to unrack and rerack without assistance. Tall people suck.

Not really a douche move either but the other day I was taking a crap and rolling a joint in the gym bathroom and my headphones cell out of my ears and into the toilet landed right on a big ole turd gravity is an *******
    The Swole Stoner

26. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post

I was staring at him while he was doing his half reps and the douche in me laughed(with my head down). Then I stared at him again when he left all the plates(evil eyes)!
    Well, I used to give people crap about half reps but I actually do those quite often on leg press now because it isolates my quads better. I started noticing much bigger guys than myself doin half reps instead of bouncing and going deep in the leg press. Granted I only do about 4 to 8 plates on either side and go for reps of 15+.

But leavin the weight on is not common courtesy...

27. Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Tall people suck.
    No, YOU!
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

28. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    o rly, relax ****assss im just messing with you old farts. you guys take everything going on in the gym so seriously when you should just be killing it instead of complaining. cheers.

29. Quote Originally Posted by IrishSoldier View Post
    "sure i leg press 15 plates" what do you squat...."nah thats bad for your knees" :O

30. Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    No, YOU!
    haha your username makes sense now that I realize you're almost 7' tall, lol.

If he has Hammer Strength leg press, he can set the platform on the lower catch. Most people don't realize it is even there but many leg press machines have thought of such issues and created additional settings on the rack.
  •