Recommended Readings

size

Awards
  • Established
This thread is dedicated to interesting books. If you have read a good book, recommend it to someone. Exercise your mind.

Two suggestions:

Bias by Bernie Goldberg
- Easy read. An interesting look at the media and the "tilt" that is often associated with news broadcasts. Goldberg was a longtime employee of CBS so he truly witnessed/experienced the problem. This book is short and a quick read.

Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
- NOT an easy read due to content. Well put together and extremely interesting. It is a book based on discusses the universe and its makeup/existence/scope between general relativity and quatum physics and the possible problems. The idea of "string theory" is introduced. This is truly a revolutionary concept and is worth reading about. You will feel smarter when you are finished, but then you will realize just how exponentially more intelligent Greene is than you.

zloy

Awards
I second Elegant Universe by Brian Green. Awesome book that really sheds light on what some of the major physicist are up to in terms of the string theory or the theory of everithing. It gives enough background if you do not remember or never learned basic physics in an engaging way.

An awseome thing is If you have winamp 5, you can also watch the NOVA series based on this book http://www.mytheril.com/tv/ look for "The Elegant Universe... "
There are also a few other educational videos about black holes and so on.

If you liked the book size, you should check out the video.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
That's a great book (elegant universe) If you like that, Get "Hyperspace" by "Kaku"(sp?) It's really good at going into the absracts of the basic concept of what hyperspace is in a lot of detail (if that makes any sense, heh)

ManBeast

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
I agree... Elegant Universe is a great read.
Try - "Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman" - Richard Feynman. Another very good read. One of my favorites. Anything by Feynman is great including the easy reading six easy pieces, and the little more difficult six not-so easy pieces.
cc

zloy

Awards
surprise surprise .... who would have thoughts people on anabolic boards are interested in something else besides lifting and looking good :)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Brains Balls and Brawn, that's what i'm all about :D

ManBeast

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
for astrophysics I still prefer the classics, IMO: A Brief History of Time by Hawking or Relativity by Einstein :)