Favorite Actors

keeper

Okay, we had fun with the "Favorite Movie" thread. So what about actors? Or most memorable movie lines?

I'm all about Liam Neeson right now. This bit of dialog from "Taken" gave me chills...

“I don’t know you who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you’re looking for a ransom, I can tell you, I don’t have money. But what I do have is a very particular set of skills, acquired over a very long career in the shadows. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you. And I will kill you.”

Comedy- Eddie Murphy, Tyler Perry, Tina Fey
Drama- Val Kilmer, Jude Law, Harrison Ford, Denzel Washingon, Tom Hanks, Kevin Costner, Johnny Depp, Renee Zellweger

Adam23294

Adam23294

Banned
Awards
Comedy- Chris Farley

Everything else - Johnny Depp. Hands down all around.

JDK5386

Other than the ones mentioned, I also like Clint Eastwood and Russel Crowe.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Jack Nicholson
"You can't handle the truth"

I also like Sam Elliott........tough in anything he does. The old rough cowboy type.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
Clint Eastwood, Lee Marvin, and Charles Bronson to name three....There are many more I could add to the list but for right now I'll stick with them.

keeper

From "Cold Mountain" Ruby Theus, played by R. Zellweger...

"I dispise a floggin' rooster. (***ccrrrrrrrkkk***) Let's put 'im in a pot."

(And it's not a line, but from the same movie, the scene where Jude Law kisses Nichole Kidman good-by, with them ending up on their knees would qualify for one of the all-time best screen kisses. All fans of good smooching, salute.)

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

:sgrin:

That's from Dirty Harry in case you didn't know.

This quote always makes me grin as well.

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." -The Silence of the Lambs

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
One of the best scenes/quotes in recent memory /\

Best actor: Rowan Atkinson. Hands down.

The scene in Beans Holiday where he mimes to different songs, then finishes with the piece of opera, outstanding.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Ed Norton
Jeremy Piven
Matt Damon
Heath Ledger
Christian Bale
Jim Carrey
De Niro

Van Damme........

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
All the actors of Heat,.........Pacino, De Niro, Kilmer, Sizemore,Voight.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
It's a damn shame Val Kilmer has like the ****tiest agent in Hollywood. The guy is a great actor who has been cast in some horrible films of late.

Then you have Keanu Reeves with his wooden acting skills get these awesome roles. Kilmer should have hired Keanu's agent a long time ago.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jenna Jameson
Janine Lindemulder
Ginger Lynn
Savana Samson
Stephanie Swift
Kobe Tai

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like Willem Dafoe
Christian Bale
Older Charlie Sheen
Obviously Johnny Depp

All tim efav. is Christian bale in American psycho.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will Ferral, Tim Allen, John Goodman, Johnny Depp, Jim Carey

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
theres one I forgot, I love John Goodman, truly hilarious....not around too much is he anymore.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
theres one I forgot, I love John Goodman, truly hilarious....not around too much is he anymore.
Yea hes def a talented actor. Not sure if he did anything lately though. He was great on Roseanne mos def

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Daniel Day-Lewis, Christian Bale, Sean Penn, Paul Rudd, John Cusack, Will Ferrell, Rachel McAdams, Keira Knightley, Natalie Portman, Audrey Tautou

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sacha Baron Cohen
Johnny Depp
Brad Pit
Michael Caine
Bruno Lawrence
Billy Connolly

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
From "Cold Mountain" Ruby Theus, played by R. Zellweger...

"I dispise a floggin' rooster. (***ccrrrrrrrkkk***) Let's put 'im in a pot."

(And it's not a line, but from the same movie, the scene where Jude Law kisses Nichole Kidman good-by, with them ending up on their knees would qualify for one of the all-time best screen kisses. All fans of good smooching, salute.)
The love scene in that was awesome.
I backpack around the shining rock wilderness which is right next to Cold Mountain(where the true story came from and some of the movie was filmed).
It is a rough area....I can't imagine anyone living there and doing well in the 1800's.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
How has no one said Sir Anthony Hopkins??
Too busy enjoying liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...you know, for the protein.

Anthony Hopkins
Jack Nicholson
Martin Sheen
Michael Douglas
Matt Damon
Marky Mark Wahlberg

keeper

How has no one said Sir Anthony Hopkins??
Good question. He's a wiz. Reminds me of another good line.

Hannibal Lector: "Terns? Mmh. If I help you, Clarice, it will be turns with us too. Quid pro quo. I tell you things, you tell me things. Not about this case, though. About yourself. Quid pro quo. Yes or no."