OUTRAGED: Tucson taxes gyms for being healthy

Future

We just received notice that Tucson will be taxing all gyms etc...even tanning salons 2%. I am totally outraged that people going to BE HEALTHY are being penalized for it! WTF? That makes no sense. We have issues with healthcare in the news currently. And yes the city thinks taxing those that are doing the right thing for themselves AND society is a good thing to do. Sounds like we are scapegoats for politicians that need to have their pay cut.:damnit:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
can we say "1st international church of weights" :D

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
^^^^^^ thats a phenomenal idea....lets start a religion...we could all get ordained and be tax free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking about sales tax? About 2 years ago here in NJ they started charging sales tax on gym memberships, 7%. What a bunch of sh1t.

Of course this is a dem state so the state needs the money for all the dem programs they have.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
its much easier to tax the few who actually lift compared to the many who could care less about their bodies. In a sense they chose the lesser of two evils and who doesn't like to hate on people who take care of themselves. Its makes others feel better to dash dreams and criticize then actually change themselves.

I thought the nation might be going somewhere with itself in the terms of nutrition, i had high hopes after motivating several people out here to get into shape.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 3