Cell Phone (AT&T)

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to upgrade from my old Nokia 6102i. Any suggestions? Price isn't too much of an issue. I'm willing to spend ~$250 w/ a 2-year contract.

Any thoughts on the iPhone? Any others worth taking a look at?

Only requirement is it be 3G compatible.

Thanks!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm looking to upgrade from my old Nokia 6102i. Any suggestions? Price isn't too much of an issue. I'm willing to spend ~$250 w/ a 2-year contract.

Any thoughts on the iPhone? Any others worth taking a look at?

Thanks!
iPhone hands down. It's simply freakin' awesome. I just upgraded to the iPhone 3G S a few weeks ago. One of the best purchases i've made in a long time.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Also, I bought an iPod Nano (3rd gen) a couple years ago. I love the player, but I loathe the fact that I have to use iTunes to control the music that goes on/off of it (not considering hacking it). All other portable players allow you 'plug-in and drag and drop' capability.

Are there similar limitations to the iPhone? I won't be using it much for music, as I've already got the 8GB Nano. I just don't want to be stuck using some ****ty proprietary software like iTunes.

dropshot001

Awards
i have an lg xenon, got one for my mom and myself with a buy one get one free promo. works well. have heard good stuff about the iphone though.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Scratch that. After looking online at AT&T's 3G coverage map, it's only available in metropolitan areas. Best I get is the EDGE network.

Headin' out in a little bit to go browse the selection. Any quick thoughts?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I ended up getting a BlackBerry Curve. It was $100 cheaper than the Bold. The only thing lacking between the two is 3G, which doesn't apply to me because I live in a rural area that doesn't plan on getting 3G service for at least 1-2 years, and a slightly slower processor. And the Curve has a better camera, whatever that's worth.

Any thoughts/tips on the Curve?