Baseball Thread 2009

Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    I voted for A-Rod, and everyone else suspected of taking Steroids...

    Poo-holes, Ordonez, Your boy Sheff...
    Word....HR DERBY
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Adam23294 View Post
    Actually I'm not a Mets fan. I'm rooting for them now because they're playing against division rivals of the Rays, who are my team. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Rays fan because you're from Florida? Or because they went to the World Series last year?

    Fair question.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by panther77 View Post
    that would be called sarcasm you dumb @ss... but thanks for helpin prove my point...

    and i actually happen to take this board seriously, its very helpful and sometimes retards like yourself make it a little difficult to use out of pure ignorance... i.e. right now, but thats all fine and well, there could be a reason you're seven inches taller than me and only outweigh me by 30 lbs
    K


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Adam23294 View Post
    K

    cute

  5. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Rays fan because you're from Florida? Or because they went to the World Series last year?

    Fair question.
    Very fair question considering their previous 10 seasons of losing.

    I live in the Tampa Bay area. Honestly, before last season, the only reason I would go to Rays games would be to see the other teams play. I've been a Twins fan my whole life but they don't show Twins games in FL soooooo......

    Rays have breakout year in '08, have unbelievable talent, play ball similar to the Twins, and play 10 mins from my house. Kind of a no-brainer for me.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Adam23294 View Post
    Very fair question considering their previous 10 seasons of losing.

    I live in the Tampa Bay area. Honestly, before last season, the only reason I would go to Rays games would be to see the other teams play. I've been a Twins fan my whole life but they don't show Twins games in FL soooooo......

    Rays have breakout year in '08, have unbelievable talent, play ball similar to the Twins, and play 10 mins from my house. Kind of a no-brainer for me.
    Fair enough.

    Lot of Yanks fans down there too, seeing as the proximity to training facilities.

    You have a nice young team.

  7. Yankees FTW! how about Mariano's RBI tonight and 500th save..

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Adam23294 View Post
    GTFO of this thread with bull**** ass Phillies crap.

    BTW thanks for knocking off the Blue Jays....
    Actually, they are all my threads
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Need to be careful what you say and who you say it to

    Chill

    Insulting the board owner is not something that is in a "baseball rivalry"
    Phils won the series. Nothing they say can take away the pain
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    I voted for A-Rod, and everyone else suspected of taking Steroids...

    Poo-holes, Ordonez, Your boy Sheff...
    Haha... the only people screaming that pujols is juicing are the people without him. Every time someone gets popped, he stands firm when asked about it, offering up his tests.

    Pujols is just raw talent and a phenom in his profession. He actually has something most players don't, an actual drive to win, instead of scoring that next big contract.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  11. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Haha... the only people screaming that pujols is juicing are the people without him. Every time someone gets popped, he stands firm when asked about it, offering up his tests.

    Pujols is just raw talent and a phenom in his profession. He actually has something most players don't, an actual drive to win, instead of scoring that next big contract.

    Adams
    forgot you were a St. Louis fan.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    forgot you were a St. Louis fan.
    Was it the Avitar that gave it away?
    The Historic PES Legend

  13. The AAA Mets are hurting right now.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Was it the Avitar that gave it away?
    Perhaps!

    I have two starts out of Carpenter this week. Let's hope for some dominance!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Perhaps!

    I have two starts out of Carpenter this week. Let's hope for some dominance!
    Man that Carp can pitch... Missed two years of baseball and comes back without missing a step... ridiculous
    The Historic PES Legend

  16. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Man that Carp can pitch... Missed two years of baseball and comes back without missing a step... ridiculous
    Got him off waivers about 2 weeks before his comeback.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Got him off waivers about 2 weeks before his comeback.
    Putting an ERA up below 2. Insane.

    Anyone else see the Zambrano melt down... it seriously warmed my heart.
    The Historic PES Legend

  18. I'm super pissed that DeRosa is with the Cards now!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Putting an ERA up below 2. Insane.

    Anyone else see the Zambrano melt down... it seriously warmed my heart.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    I'm super pissed that DeRosa is with the Cards now!
    Yup... hindsight is always 20/20.
    The Historic PES Legend

  20. DeRosa is a helluva versatile ballplayer. Great guy for any team to have on the roster.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    DeRosa is a helluva versatile ballplayer. Great guy for any team to have on the roster.
    Yeah... first game was last night for him a card uni.... made a fantastic grab in left field. After getting like 3-4 hours of sleep and traveling to STL. Can't wait to see him on the field again.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  22. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Haha... the only people screaming that pujols is juicing are the people without him. Every time someone gets popped, he stands firm when asked about it, offering up his tests.

    Pujols is just raw talent and a phenom in his profession. He actually has something most players don't, an actual drive to win, instead of scoring that next big contract.

    Adams
    Pujols def is the real deal. Baseball would lose alot of fans if we found out he wasn't.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  23. Zambrano is overrated.

    Derosa is underrated. Cleveland will regret it. (2nd team to do so in the past year)
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  24. I have no idea if Pujols has/is juiced, but until there's some evidence of that, I'll stick by my statement...he's the best non-asterisk hitter I've seen in my lifetime.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    I have no idea if Pujols has/is juiced, but until there's some evidence of that, I'll stick by my statement...he's the best non-asterisk hitter I've seen in my lifetime.
    The other day they did an interview and they asked him if he like being call "The Mayne" with regards to Stan "The Man" Musial. I like his response, giving credit to Musial, saying there was only "One Man."

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fantasy Baseball 2009
    By MrBigPR in forum General Chat
    Replies: 506
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 05:56 PM
  2. 2009 Mets Thread
    By Droppingloads in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 01:30 PM
  3. ***support diabetes*** punksurfer's Tour de Cure thread 2009
    By punksurfer024 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 07:30 PM
  4. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 05:50 PM
  5. First test thread...
    By Chemo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-07-2002, 12:03 AM
Log in
Log in