Baseball Thread 2009

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Adam23294 View Post
    Very fair question considering their previous 10 seasons of losing.

    I live in the Tampa Bay area. Honestly, before last season, the only reason I would go to Rays games would be to see the other teams play. I've been a Twins fan my whole life but they don't show Twins games in FL soooooo......

    Rays have breakout year in '08, have unbelievable talent, play ball similar to the Twins, and play 10 mins from my house. Kind of a no-brainer for me.
    Fair enough.

    Lot of Yanks fans down there too, seeing as the proximity to training facilities.

    You have a nice young team.


  2. Yankees FTW! how about Mariano's RBI tonight and 500th save..

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Adam23294 View Post
    GTFO of this thread with bull**** ass Phillies crap.

    BTW thanks for knocking off the Blue Jays....
    Actually, they are all my threads
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Need to be careful what you say and who you say it to

    Chill

    Insulting the board owner is not something that is in a "baseball rivalry"
    Phils won the series. Nothing they say can take away the pain
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    I voted for A-Rod, and everyone else suspected of taking Steroids...

    Poo-holes, Ordonez, Your boy Sheff...
    Haha... the only people screaming that pujols is juicing are the people without him. Every time someone gets popped, he stands firm when asked about it, offering up his tests.

    Pujols is just raw talent and a phenom in his profession. He actually has something most players don't, an actual drive to win, instead of scoring that next big contract.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  6. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Haha... the only people screaming that pujols is juicing are the people without him. Every time someone gets popped, he stands firm when asked about it, offering up his tests.

    Pujols is just raw talent and a phenom in his profession. He actually has something most players don't, an actual drive to win, instead of scoring that next big contract.

    Adams
    forgot you were a St. Louis fan.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    forgot you were a St. Louis fan.
    Was it the Avitar that gave it away?
    The Historic PES Legend

  8. The AAA Mets are hurting right now.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Was it the Avitar that gave it away?
    Perhaps!

    I have two starts out of Carpenter this week. Let's hope for some dominance!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Perhaps!

    I have two starts out of Carpenter this week. Let's hope for some dominance!
    Man that Carp can pitch... Missed two years of baseball and comes back without missing a step... ridiculous
    The Historic PES Legend

  11. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Man that Carp can pitch... Missed two years of baseball and comes back without missing a step... ridiculous
    Got him off waivers about 2 weeks before his comeback.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Got him off waivers about 2 weeks before his comeback.
    Putting an ERA up below 2. Insane.

    Anyone else see the Zambrano melt down... it seriously warmed my heart.
    The Historic PES Legend

  13. I'm super pissed that DeRosa is with the Cards now!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Putting an ERA up below 2. Insane.

    Anyone else see the Zambrano melt down... it seriously warmed my heart.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    I'm super pissed that DeRosa is with the Cards now!
    Yup... hindsight is always 20/20.
    The Historic PES Legend

  15. DeRosa is a helluva versatile ballplayer. Great guy for any team to have on the roster.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    DeRosa is a helluva versatile ballplayer. Great guy for any team to have on the roster.
    Yeah... first game was last night for him a card uni.... made a fantastic grab in left field. After getting like 3-4 hours of sleep and traveling to STL. Can't wait to see him on the field again.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  17. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Haha... the only people screaming that pujols is juicing are the people without him. Every time someone gets popped, he stands firm when asked about it, offering up his tests.

    Pujols is just raw talent and a phenom in his profession. He actually has something most players don't, an actual drive to win, instead of scoring that next big contract.

    Adams
    Pujols def is the real deal. Baseball would lose alot of fans if we found out he wasn't.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  18. Zambrano is overrated.

    Derosa is underrated. Cleveland will regret it. (2nd team to do so in the past year)
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  19. I have no idea if Pujols has/is juiced, but until there's some evidence of that, I'll stick by my statement...he's the best non-asterisk hitter I've seen in my lifetime.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    I have no idea if Pujols has/is juiced, but until there's some evidence of that, I'll stick by my statement...he's the best non-asterisk hitter I've seen in my lifetime.
    The other day they did an interview and they asked him if he like being call "The Mayne" with regards to Stan "The Man" Musial. I like his response, giving credit to Musial, saying there was only "One Man."

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  21. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Zambrano is overrated.

    Derosa is underrated. Cleveland will regret it. (2nd team to do so in the past year)
    Zambrano is a damn baby... I am just waiting for him to get plunked in the head. He hits players on purpose non stop. Then crys when the HR off of him. Brings a childlike light to the Cubs.

    Cleveland always has a fire sale if they are not in contention. Getting rid of any player they can build around (Since they said their are in a building from within phase). Putting a AAA team on the field with no vets for guidance wont get you far. They needed the hard throwing Right Hander Perez that they got from us, but it doesnt really fill their glaring needs for the future.

    Either way, i am happy! Just glad we gave up Perez instead of Motte. I think Motte has more upside to him, and much more moldable. Perez could throw the heat, but not with sure accuracy.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  22. Motte needs to develop his other pitches and be more confident....eh...larussa have more confidence.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  23. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Motte needs to develop his other pitches and be more confident....eh...larussa have more confidence.
    Agreed... he has developed nicely so far this season. Just need to see another pitch developed. Problem is, the middle of the season isn't the time to do it.

    The glorious beard is gone though... guess it got to hot in STL!

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  24. Opinions...

    I'm thinking of inserting Jake Fox into my lineup this week. 7 games against weak pitching teams, and he's slotted to DH or start at 3rd base the entire week. Hitting 400 over the last 8 games with a mess of RBIs and 2 dingers.

    I'd have to sit one of the following:
    Nolan Reimold
    Chipper Jones
    Nate McLouth

    Couple others I could potentially sit, but too much upside (Fielder, Torii Hunter, Carlos Lee).

    Opinions? Am I getting too creative here?

  25. You do weekly lineups?
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  26. You might be over-analyzing. Sitting Chipper or McLouth would be risky, as they're both proven assets. I think McLouth is dealing with a tweaked hamstring though, so you may want to check on that before setting your lineup.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    You do weekly lineups?
    Yep. Head to Head.

    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    You might be over-analyzing. Sitting Chipper or McLouth would be risky, as they're both proven assets. I think McLouth is dealing with a tweaked hamstring though, so you may want to check on that before setting your lineup.
    Yeah, McLouth is expected to start on Tuesday - but you know how Hammies can be.

    Over-analyzing for sure...

    Fox is batting 5th or 6th daily, with an extra game to boot over ATL, and against soft pitching. Its lightening in a bottle. I have till 7:00 PM.

    I lost last week by benching Reimold.

  28. Fox might be a smart play this week, if he's playing more games than Chipper. I usually try to keep the consistent producers (like Chipper) in the lineup if I can...but many times will defer to whoevers playing more games.

  29. You have to take in account recent ab's injuries and such. Benching Chipper could be costly.

    I usually never have more than 1 player on my team hitting wise from the same team.

    Weekly changes? Where's the fun in that?
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  30. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Fox might be a smart play this week, if he's playing more games than Chipper. I usually try to keep the consistent producers (like Chipper) in the lineup if I can...but many times will defer to whoevers playing more games.
    That's usually my play as well. Though Chipper's homer against Penny may be a harbinger of things to come this week. McLouth is still "day to day"...

    Chipper is not usually my first choice as 3B, due to his knack for getting injured... but he hung out too long in my draft and I scooped him up. I do have backup in Fox, and I also picked up Alex Gordon again for a post All Star break surge.

    Whatever I end up doing, its almost certainly going to be the wrong choice.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    You have to take in account recent ab's injuries and such. Benching Chipper could be costly.

    I usually never have more than 1 player on my team hitting wise from the same team.

    Weekly changes? Where's the fun in that?
    Weekly is the standard for H2H dude. You play daily?

  32. If the rest of your team is solid (r, hr, rbi, sb) and it's a toss up of stats go with the higher hand. Fox against Pit and Mil seals it for me after seeing the pitching Reimold has to put up with. Besides his hot start Reimold doesn't have too much else. His last 10 games or so aren't impressive at all.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  33. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Weekly is the standard for H2H dude. You play daily?
    Yea I do daily, weekly was too much of a headache and just really sucky. A cake walk when it came to winning the league and bringing the cash home.

    Don't tell me about making wrong choices....ugh.

    I made this thread I just got banned!
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  34. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    If the rest of your team is solid (r, hr, rbi, sb) and it's a toss up of stats go with the higher hand. Fox against Pit and Mil seals it for me after seeing the pitching Reimold has to put up with. Besides his hot start Reimold doesn't have too much else. His last 10 games or so aren't impressive at all.
    Good reasoning. I like it. Also, Reimold has to contend with Lester, Smoltz, Beckett, Lackey, and Saunders (Palmer and O'Sullivan are Tomato cans).... Reimold will probably hit one bomb... but is that worth benching the guy hitting 400 over the past week and a half playing for his spot in the majors...

  35. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Good reasoning. I like it. Also, Reimold has to contend with Lester, Smoltz, Beckett, Lackey, and Saunders (Palmer and O'Sullivan are Tomato cans).... Reimold will probably hit one bomb... but is that worth benching the guy hitting 400 over the past week and a half playing for his spot in the majors...
    Yea, lol @ tomato cans.

    Fox problably goes deep 3 times with 7 rbi and 4 runs...bank on it
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  36. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    The other day they did an interview and they asked him if he like being call "The Mayne" with regards to Stan "The Man" Musial. I like his response, giving credit to Musial, saying there was only "One Man."

    Adams
    I saw that too. Really showed class on his part. Besides, Albert is The Macheen.

  37. Matt Garza throwing against the Blue Jays tonight. Historically he's lights-out against them. Would be nice to take at least 2 outta 3 in this series considering the tight AL East.

    Niemann outpitched Doc Halladay last night....whodathunk?

  38. Why is Derek Jeter the leading vote-getter for the All-Star game? Aside from hating the Yankme's and not wanting any of their players (especially Teixeira) in the AS game, Jeter's stats are not even that good.

    All-Star Gayme is all a popularity contest. Yeah, everyone loves Josh Hamilton and the fact he got off the horse, but he's on the disable list and still in the top 3 for outfielders. Meanwhile, Carl Crawford is having a career year and is in 5th place. That just curdles my milk.

  39. Haven't you realized by now that the AS game is a popularity contest?

  40. Yes. I wish everyone who votes realized that too.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fantasy Baseball 2009
    By MrBigPR in forum General Chat
    Replies: 506
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 04:56 PM
  2. 2009 Mets Thread
    By Droppingloads in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 12:30 PM
  3. Baseball
    By bmw8591 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 07:45 PM
  4. ***support diabetes*** punksurfer's Tour de Cure thread 2009
    By punksurfer024 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Log in
Log in