She said "I love you"

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
UGH...

I like this girl. She makes me laugh, she's sweet, she makes me food ect...

I just don't see a real future. The sex is great, she has a sexual appetite, more than I do and that says a lot.

But...

today, after we woke up, she rolls over and says "I think there's cocain in your skin, everytime I'm with you I cant leave you, I love you"

Keep in mind this has been a very casual relationship for 6 months, and she "put out" on the first night, which is a rule of mine. I can't have a meaningfull relationship with any woman that does that on the first night....

So, how do I hanfle this one?

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Ahh, man, you keep ****ing it up over and over again. You keep sleeping with the girls on the first date and then complain about relationships. C'mon, you slept with her on the first date too, what does it tell about yourself? You are as big of "whore" as she is. Right?
If you are looking for a serious relationship, but know it's not gonna be with her, then why are you still with her then? But if you just want to **** and have a good time with someone, then why didn't you make it clear to her long time ago?
You got to figure out what you want first, man.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's times like these that I am embarrassed to be a member of the male gender of our species.

P

purina44

Awards
You gotta have some courage and have a talk with her...Six months is a relatively long time to be in a casual relationship with no future. You owe it to her to do it quicky, so you both can move on.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
UGH...

I just don't see a real future. The sex is great, she has a sexual appetite, more than I do and that says a lot.

But...

today, after we woke up, she rolls over and says "I think there's cocain in your skin, every time I'm with you I cant leave you, I love you"

Keep in mind this has been a very casual relationship for 6 months, and she "put out" on the first night, which is a rule of mine. I can't have a meaningfull relationship with any woman that does that on the first night....

Ever consider the fact that your just that damn good that most women would put out on the first night with you... and it has nothing to do her??? lol
just something to consider.

I think your thinking that you SHOULD have a problem with the; not that your ACTUALLY having a problem with this.

My advice. Do Nothing. Why would you? Let her love you.. she already has been, she just didn't say it until now. You already knew she was into you. Nothing has changed. You dont HAVE to say I love you back (HArrision Ford had it right in Star Wars -lol- just say "I know" :p)
Just respond with something smart-ass and move on.

Dont make an issue where there is none.
Be smart-ass; kiss her on the forehead and get on with your day

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You gotta have some courage and have a talk with her...Six months is a relatively long time to be in a casual relationship with no future. You owe it to her to do it quicky, so you both can move on.
You don't owe her anything just because she has been around for 6 months.
A GOOD quality guy will have many women around for that long.

lol- My girl right now had to wait like a year :p (bless her heart)

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahh, man, you keep ****ing it up over and over again. You keep sleeping with the girls on the first date and then complain about relationships. C'mon, you slept with her on the first date too, what does it tell about yourself? You are as big of "whore" as she is. Right?
If you are looking for a serious relationship, but know it's not gonna be with her, then why are you still with her then? But if you just want to **** and have a good time with someone, then why didn't you make it clear to her long time ago?
You got to figure out what you want first, man.
Indeed.
One thing: She was not the only one to put out on the first night. With you doing so, pointing a finger at her is a hypocritical thing to do. There should be no double-standards, period.
Secondly: If you have been with her for 6 months, I hate to break it to you but that constitutes a relationship, no matter how you look at it. If you share you bed with her, what does really say? (Rhetorical question)
It sounds as if you are afraid of being loved and/or loving someone. Stop being selfish and either end all ties with her, or continue onward with the intent to be honest and faithful to her. Karma's a mother f*cker, just remember that.

It's times like these that I am embarrassed to be a member of the male gender of our species.
I agree.

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with IL on this one...To many guys have a retarded double standard that makes it ok for them to **** anyone and anything but if a female does the same she is a useless piece of trash...Real life does not work that way. If you have been dating this female for 6 months then you have led her on...End it now.
Indeed.
One thing: She was not the only one to put out on the first night. With you doing so, pointing a finger at her is a hypocritical thing to do. There should be no double-standards, period.
Secondly: If you have been with her for 6 months, I hate to break it to you but that constitutes a relationship, no matter how you look at it. If you share you bed with her, what does really say? (Rhetorical question)
It sounds as if you are afraid of being loved and/or loving someone. Stop being selfish and either end all ties with her, or continue onward with the intent to be honest and faithful to her. Karma's a mother f*cker, just remember that.

I agree.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree with so many others here. Did you tell her up front that you did not want anything more than a casual relationship? And if thats what you wanted then why is she staying with you at nights?

You need to be honest with her, as it is as much time has passed you are going to hurt her! And it seems she is one of the good ones and she has treated you well.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I love the use of the word "rhetorical"!!!
What can I say that hasn't been said already?!?!

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
get rid of her. its gonna flip on you. you gonna like her and be to together for a year or two then she's gonna rip out your heart and feed it to whatever miniture dog breed she has. happened to me once..never gonna happen again

M

marvin

Awards
you can't live with them you can't live without them!

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
you just gotta be open and honest and talk about it.

B

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
alot of guys are being hypocties sp? on here. first of all speaking for any single guy if ur prolly are going to **** a girl given the chance... yea u hook up have a good time.. but look at it this way.. what are the chances its JUST YOU that got lucky the first and what are the chances that she just gives it up easy to guys? any girl worth having is gonna be hard to get it. A girl who gave it up in the first night must be easy, a girl that would take a couple months imo and plays hard to get those are the girls who are worth it.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Well **** yall... I know Dmitry and 5150 remember my past threads, and yes I do deserve what is being said...to a point.

I did want more than a casual thing with her, and yes I did sleep with her. And yes again, I will not be in a serious relationship that started like that.

Its not a double standard, once that happened (and I told her even before it happened) we could never be serious.

Am I a "whore"? Perhaps and thats something thats going to change.

The purpose of this thread was not to pile on me, but thats neither here nor there, the purpose was to get advice on how to handle a situation where you have a VERY casual realtionship, with the ground rules being set, then she wants to change them.

I appreaciate all of you guys, and gals. I mostly appreciate the ones who asked a few questions first like Crader, before ripping me.

I'm a big boy, and I can handle it however...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A relationship that involves sleeping together and sexual intercourse invalidates the concept of it being a casual relationship. You are not in a casual relationship. People in casual relationships go out to dinner and a movie, go for walks, hold hands and even maybe make out. They don't share and exchange body fluids, sleeping quarters and the likes.

So you contradict yourself in a sense when you say that you "have a rule" and that means you can't have a serious relationship. Sleeping with a woman and having sexual intercourse is serious whether you chose to recognize or validate that or not. Furthermore you have classified her by this and yet you see no declassification of yourself in perpetuating this behavior with her.

Now judgment aside...there is a saying that my grandfather once said to me and he is not the first to use it - "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". My reply to him was - "suppose that cow happens to be my daughter; your grand-daughter, or my mom; your daughter". He acknowledge what a hypocritical saying it was in light or the reality that women, females, girls, are someones daughter - his or mine.

So now you have a situation where your cow is delivering milk for free. Even a cow needs to be nourished and fed in order to produce milk. It a natural process that simply cannot be overlooked. Your cow is not a whore and want's money, nor is she a slut that just wants to bone in the way men do. She is an emotional creature and wants emotional relationship nurturing. Your cow is making statements that suggest so.

So you can be a man about it and show respect for her and discontinue the relationship because you have already determined that she is not relationship material and she is making such statements.

Or you can become serious with her - but it is unlikely that this will be the case because you have already classified her as non-serious worthy and I don't see how that has changed.

Or you can lie to her and make her believe you care so you can continue to get your milk for free.

In the end your penis is dictating (punn intended) your integrity and your character. Sometime in a man's life he realizes that he needs to let the head on his shoulders and not the head of his penis direct his life and relationships.

So if she is looking to change the ground rules and you don't want to agree to the conditions are you going to move on?

If you want like minded men (boys) to encourage and endorse your choices and actions you will easily find them. If you want mature men to encourage you to maturity in your sexuality and relationship behaviors they may be few and far between.

I'm not judging you, just the behavior. I am a man and and have made my mistakes.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
True, and thank you. But, to my defense I did call myself a whore in my last post. I also said that was going to be adressed.

My "cow" in this situation went into this knowing full well my intentions.

Okay, you took the term casual wrong and I apologize for not being more discriptive. I guess the term should of been "sexua" or "fwb"

My penis has need, as does her Va JJ...but now that there are emotion involved I will stop.

I thank you for your insightfull respose.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
First off what B5150 said=perfecto

alot of guys are being hypocties sp? on here. first of all speaking for any single guy if ur prolly are going to **** a girl given the chance... yea u hook up have a good time.. but look at it this way.. what are the chances its JUST YOU that got lucky the first and what are the chances that she just gives it up easy to guys? any girl worth having is gonna be hard to get it. A girl who gave it up in the first night must be easy, a girl that would take a couple months imo and plays hard to get those are the girls who are worth it.
Not entirely true my friend. I haven't been intimate in two years ^.^ Am I super tempted, more than you can imagine. But faith saves me, sometimes at the last moment. Dont rope me in with you -.- Ive been on dates, they were all secular easy girls, so I didnt stay with em because they wanted that and that was temptation to me... Have I considered it, especially lately..yeah...have I dont it, no... not every one lacks self control.

I am looking for a WOMAN, but this world is only filled with immature girls...and immature boys who frolic along the daisy's of stupidity with em. Though I may have found one, time will tell ^.^ patience is paying off.

Imagine still controlling yourself while on Drive/IGF-2 or DTH.....>.<

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
And to the OP, I see you understand there were a few mistakes. But bro if you are gona toss out a relationship with a girl who you like, who makes you laugh, and feel good over a stupid technicality like you are trying to... You are either

A:stupid or

B: lack balls to commit

Love me, hate me....thats ur options.

Then again forgive me inherent rudeness, I find people who believe in casual relationships with no meaningful outcome to be...one of Americas problems...to put it lightly

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
C: all of the above. at least I can admit it, that's a step right?

BTW love ya, and appreciate you.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, and thank you. But, to my defense I did call myself a whore in my last post. I also said that was going to be adressed.

My "cow" in this situation went into this knowing full well my intentions.

Okay, you took the term casual wrong and I apologize for not being more discriptive. I guess the term should of been "sexua" or "fwb"

My penis has need, as does her Va JJ...but now that there are emotion involved I will stop.

I thank you for your insightfull respose.
I mean no disrespect and it really is insightful in the sense that at the age I am at you have the opportunity for retrospective and this sometimes produces a sense of enlightenment.

Believe me, I am a man and a pig at heart and am just now starting to get the stink of the sty off of me. It's just that today I chose to practice more self control, even if it takes all the strength I can summon. It ain't easy behaving like a grown up :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are there any guys worth having or is this standard of "easy" only for the female gender. Are there no standard of integrity for males? Hate to break it to you but there are males who have SELF respect and don't dip there **** at any opportunity.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
UGH...

But...

today, after we woke up, she rolls over and says "I think there's cocain in your skin, everytime I'm with you I cant leave you, I love you"

Funny I thought I was the only one with that rule. I fell for an asian girl who looked like jessica alba, no lie, I loved this girl more than life itself, and I nailed her the first night I met her, for 3 years it haunted me becuaese I kept thinking about how many times she had done that one night thing with someone else. It haunted me becuase I knoew she was a whore deep down no matte how hard I tried to forget about it.

Needless to say it caused our demise becuase I didnt trust her at all, once a slut always a slut, not to say your girl is just something to keep in mind.

``you cant make a hoe a housewife``

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
C: all of the above. at least I can admit it, that's a step right?

BTW love ya, and appreciate you.
That is a step. I can accept that lol.

Hopefully everything gets resolved with as little pain as possible. For both sides. Still think its all dumb tho :lick:

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ps to above post, as soon as I saw her I knew she would be mine, and yes I did sleep with her first night, but I had every intention of making her mine form that day forward.. and i did, we never missed a night together in 3 years, it was intense love for sure.

Im 27 and Ive never had a one night stand

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
and the reason you're not together is because she errrrrr you gave it up on the first night?

Sounds pretty lame :) JK

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
I just now got a text from her inviting me to the lake house for 3 days wakeboarding....

Be strong refrieddreams, be strong....

B

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
ok yea u gave in to temptation and ****ed her but like you said u werent in a serious relationship.. i mean ur human testosterone flowing u had sex and she seems like a cool girl who likes to have fun... but maybe that just bothers you that she was that easy on the first night? thats why were ALL DIFFERENT!

i know ive talked to a couple girls things got going and then they had a bf but liked me more and i knew at the end of the day am i that special ? prolly not shed cheat on me just like shes cheating on him.

i get ur situation bro now if this girl made u wait a while to get some and was still fun and sweet then you would prolly wannabe serious with her right?

u sound just like me... sorry easy girls for fun but when it comes to that time in ur life its time to settle down u want a good girl.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
in the words of Jewels.... "Exzactamundo"

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
she rolls over and says "I think there's cocain in your skin, everytime I'm with you I cant leave you, I love you"

why did raggedy ann get kicked out of the toy box? she kept sitting on Pinocchio's face saying "lie to me, lie to me!"

there's a point somewhere in that joke, i'll leave it to you to figure it out.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Well **** yall... I know Dmitry and 5150 remember my past threads, and yes I do deserve what is being said...to a point.

I did want more than a casual thing with her, and yes I did sleep with her. And yes again, I will not be in a serious relationship that started like that.

Its not a double standard, once that happened (and I told her even before it happened) we could never be serious.

The purpose of this thread was not to pile on me, but thats neither here nor there, the purpose was to get advice on how to handle a situation where you have a VERY casual realtionship, with the ground rules being set, then she wants to change them.

I appreaciate all of you guys, and gals. I mostly appreciate the ones who asked a few questions first like Crader, before ripping me.

I do agree, people who don't know you at all came down on your ass a little too hard, but Brian and I know you for a long time, like you said and it's not first time happened to you. So I guess you deserved it, lol.
Like I said before, you need to figure out what you want first. You are not a little boy anymore.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OP,

You sound pretty sensetive to me. I mean you got a picture of yourself holding a baby (assuming that is you). You screw her and she cooks for you and sleeps in your bed. You probably share your feelings with her too. You can tell her all you want is sex probably because you enjoy the attention of a puppy dog begging for your love. You got a low self esteem bro.

Also you are right about boning a girl on the first night. I agree with that theory. Men and women are different so that is not a double standard. It is a womans job to control the vagina, that is just how they are anatomically wired. On the other hand, we are wired to spread our seed.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your input is pure sh*t. There's no other way for me the say it.

It's a women's job to, "control the vagina?"

Get real.
OP,

You sound pretty sensetive to me. I mean you got a picture of yourself holding a baby (assuming that is you). You screw her and she cooks for you and sleeps in your bed. You probably share your feelings with her too. You can tell her all you want is sex probably because you enjoy the attention of a puppy dog begging for your love. You got a low self esteem bro.

Also you are right about boning a girl on the first night. I agree with that theory. Men and women are different so that is not a double standard. It is a womans job to control the vagina, that is just how they are anatomically wired. On the other hand, we are wired to spread our seed.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Still mad huh?

So i noticed that you bolded the sentence about women controlling vagina. The last time I checked, just about any girl gets hit on about 50 times a night. The common factor is that every guy that attempts to create conversation with her wants to put his penis in her vagina. Who controls that vagina........(drum roll) she does. She decides which guy will get it, if any of them at all. Thats the facts of life man.

What issue do you have with this?

Also I noticed the bolded comment about low self esteem. If a person is in a relationship just because they could use the company not because they like the person, tells me that they may not feel good about themselves.

what issue do you have with this one?

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Besides sex, you said she makes you laugh, she's sweet, she makes you food........isn't that what most guys look for in a woman? I think you are afraid of a commitment......If she is all that to you, you need to keep her.

J

Jjaden

Awards
What did you expect bro? You let the girl sleep over and probably see her way too much per week to be classified as purely a fwb relationship.

Theres certain rules you have to set early in the relationship to ensure **** like this doesn't happen. Even then it will still happen (the ILY part and wanting to get more serious) but when it does you remind the girl of the rules you set down. You said you laid down these rules but it sounded like you didn't back them up when pushed.

The thing you have to realise is that she will eventually leave you for a guy who she can get a commitment from. So you can't be afraid to lose her and you shouldn't since she's only a fwb. However it sounds from your post that you have more feelings for this girl and your not willing to risk losing her to make your position clear (just fwb).

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
You know you shouldn't have told a forum about this. Just tell her. Communicate. Problem solved. At the end of the day, even if its goes bad/ends, you still have the respect, even if its just for your own sake, for being honest, and in that way also showing that yes you do care. Maybe not like she came to, true, but she needs to know that. Honesty is always best, no matter the outcome, because its the right thing to do.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don't owe her anything just because she has been around for 6 months.
A GOOD quality guy will have many women around for that long.

lol- My girl right now had to wait like a year :p (bless her heart)
Not trying to be a smart ass,but just because a girl sticks around is not a reflection on you as a "quality" guy.
Most of the guys I know who are good with women are generally some of the most worthless human beings you will ever know.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Not trying to be a smart ass,but just because a girl sticks around is not a reflection on you as a "quality" guy.
Most of the guys I know who are good with women are generally some of the most worthless human beings you will ever know.
Yes they are. Usually a few steps down on the human chain of being worth something, or being scum bags. Thats why they all end up divorced once or twice by the time they are 40, and lose most of everything :p Not always the case, there are evil women out there. But often enough a guy deserves to be castrated to protect out gene pool.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Funny I thought I was the only one with that rule. I fell for an asian girl who looked like jessica alba, no lie, I loved this girl more than life itself, and I nailed her the first night I met her, for 3 years it haunted me becuaese I kept thinking about how many times she had done that one night thing with someone else. It haunted me becuase I knoew she was a whore deep down no matte how hard I tried to forget about it.

Needless to say it caused our demise becuase I didnt trust her at all, once a slut always a slut, not to say your girl is just something to keep in mind.

``you cant make a hoe a housewife``
It's not a "rule", it's called a Madonna/Whore Complex and it's something many of our gender suffer from.

It comes from a place of fear and jealousy, IMO.

As for the OP's case, you should feel good from what she said. Means you're doing a lot of things right! I know that you're freaked out by those three words, but honestly, if I were in your shoes I would do something similar to what xtraflossy said above. You don't HAVE to respond with "I love you too", do something funny. Hind sight is 20/20, but after reading what she said, you know what I'd say?

"Oh baby, would you like another hit? You know I have that 100% pure columbian snow... here, take a hit" (and kiss her passionately... and go from there! Hell, is another round of hot lovemaking gonna kill you?).

You mention that this has been a "very casual relationship for 6 months" with the "ground rules set", but could you explain a little more? Is she breaking some of these ground rules (aside from saying "I love you")?

But honestly, you really shouldn't expect women to abide by "ground rules". Setting rules is a "logical brain" thing to do, and while us guys are more logical thinkers, that is not the case with the ladies. I'm sure you know this. It's easier for us as men to detatch ourselves emotionally from sex (even REALLY GOOD sex) and just enjoy the physical pleasure while it is a lot harder for women to.

So when it comes down to it, if things are getting uncomfortable for you and you think that she is pining for a very long term super serious exclusive relationship, you guys need to talk. I'm not in your shoes and don't know the full story (see above questions), but right now I don't think what happened is that bad, and if you both are having fun and genuinely enjoy each other then why screw up a good thing.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established

I have "known" you for a long time, well kind of :) and My thoughts for whatever they mean are as follows....

I dont think your a whore, I do think it was wrong to let it go this long but having known you for a long time I think you have a hard time with being alone...... You tend to do these things (past conversations) and than beat your self up....

I think you need to let your heart heal from the ex wife, be alone for awhile get back to you, spend time with your kids......get into exercise again and stay with it, learn to like yourself and than and only than will things go your way...............

I hope your ok, I worry about you and I do think about you often......

(((HUGZ))))
TC

T

TBULL

Awards
get rid of her. its gonna flip on you. you gonna like her and be to together for a year or two then she's gonna rip out your heart and feed it to whatever miniture dog breed she has. happened to me once..never gonna happen again
Amen.. only a matter of time. Wait til you dont say I love you back and see what this turns into..If you dont want it get it over rwith one cant stay where the other isnt. I will create animosity and build to a very bad thing. good luck

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
UGH...

But...

Wow. I know this story.
That's how I ended up with my wife and 3 kids.

LOL.

That was over 10 years ago. But it all happened the same way you described.
Funny how that works.

JP.

M

mildsauce

Awards
What the heck, did I just stumble on the Dr Phil forum? lol.. Anyway, I don't believe level-headed guys have a "just say no" standard for the first date. Come on, if on the 1st date with a super hot woman, she were to reach down your pants and grab your ****, donnnn't tell me you'd push her away and say "no honey, I'm not that type". PLEASE! Such a man is either gay or in the middle of PCT because no testosterone-laden straight guy in our universe is gonna resist that temptation.

S

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
i think u all are reading way too deep into the words "i love u". Girls say i love u to their friends (guys or girls), they say it to their animals or pets. They say it to inanimate objects that make them happy. I really think u shouldnt be stressing that much over this phrase. I think the phrase is overused and no one really means it much when they say it. Just think of it as like a compliment, i mean really "I love u" is so played out and girls and some guys say it to anything or anyone. I personally wouldnt worry too much about it till you hear "i wanna move in" or "im pregnant"...THEN u should be worried

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Wow... holy crap.

I kinda have the 3 job thing going right now, so please excuse my tardiness.

Ummm

Dmitry, yes you do know me, that is why I appreciate your cantor.

WG, you have known me for a long time. To anyone who cares do a search for "my brother is sick" I dont know how far back the archives go these days, but WG was the first person I called, which was about 5 minutes after my brother died, and she is an incredible woman.

I shared with her, a text I received from this gal this morning, I said "I don't even know what that means" She responded "it means run" I laughed it off, and she said "No, seriously"

I appreciate you all, and i must mention that was beating myself up on the "your a dad take" that was killin me all day, but as I was driving home from work, I realized, yes I am a dad, but that should not make me feel guilty. She is a grown woman, she 35 years old, and we are good friends. So the "your a dad" schtick aint gonna work with me.

What will work, however, is the fact that woman are more emotional and I need to tread the waters carefully... So than thanks!

Go Lakers, 54 49 bad guys as I write

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
I have "known" you for a long time, our way...............

I hope your ok, I worry about you and I do think about you often......

(((HUGZ))))
TC
Did I mention how much I love this woman? Just wondering...