Movie Reviews Thread?

keeper

This may sink like a rock, but I thought it might be good to post what we think of movies we see. I like to know whether it's going to be worth my time and 8 bucks or not and I am sure others do as well.

I saw Star Trek this past weekend. I'd give it an 8 out of 10. Casting was brilliant. Whether you are a fan of the original series or not, it's worth seeing. It's one you'll enjoy more fully on the big screen.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
including old movies or current ones in theater....I havent been to the theater in...a year?.....I need a date *cries*

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What ive seen lately:

Star trek (7/10) - Not a fan of the franchise but i can see the appeal for those who are
Wolverine (6.5/10) - Fan of the franchise, low score due to them raping my memories
Dead snow (7/10) - Zombie B movie Swedish flick, gore fest, good fun
Crank 2 (4/10) - Loved the first one, 2nd was a bit too surreal, would have enjoyed it if i was stoned

Waiting for termy 2 and transformers, on the whole this year looks shite for filmage :(

keeper

including old movies or current ones in theater....I havent been to the theater in...a year?.....I need a date *cries*
I was thinking about new releases, but why not talk about any movies you've been impressed with since we can rent them.

I think Taken is still in dollar theaters and it is fantastic. It's in video stores, but if you like an edge of your seat thriller, do not miss this one on big screen. The story line is good and has interesting twists throughout. It gets a 10/10 for me, which is rare.

Favorite western is Tommy Lee Jones in The Forgiven. It's from the 90's but I just rented it the other day and it was kick butt.

I want to see State of Play and The Soloist.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Star Trek - 8/10, mainly because of the awesome job they did with casting this movie. The presentation, pacing, and comedic moments were also done very well. A great movie to start the summer movie fest with. There are GAPING plotholes in this movie though, and extremely weak motivations for the villain. I'm guessing some of it was caused by the writers strike. None of that bothered my while I was watching it though, and I loved every minute of what I saw.

Wolverine - 3/10: What a piece of crap. Supposedly it cost 140 million to make, but when you watch the movie you'll be wondering where the hell that money went because it looks really crappy, especially the CG claws at times. They also took a massive dump on the characters in regard to how they are in the movie vs. how they are in the comics. It made a ton of money though, so expect a sequel. The less said about this movie the better.

Looking forward to:
Terminator Salvation
Transformers 2

By the way, does anyone know if there's a way to black out or spoiler code your text here?

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
Taken 9/10- awesome movie Liam Neeson was a ****ing savage. I'm glad he killed all those ****ing towelheads. Any stupid girl wanting to go overseas with her friends, should watch this movie.

Wolverine 5/10- the action was cool but the story line didn't really make sense or follow itself. lots of holes.

I Love You, Man 10/10- this for me ranks up there with Superbad as ****ing hilarious. Much funnier than Knocked Up. Paul Rudd and Jason Segal are so god dam funny. Lou Ferrigno and Bob Chicerello also make apperances.

Observe and Report 6/10- it was very funny but it could have been alot better. I am a huge Seth Rogen fan but he disappointed with this one. I had very high hopes. It proved to me he can't carry a movie by himself, he needs a great support cast to work off of and with. Ray Liotta phoned this one in, didn't really give an effort.

The Wrestler- 10/10- should have won best picture this year. Story line is awesome and Mickey Rourke should have won for best actor. Glad to see him getting his career back and can't wait to see him in IronMan 2 as whiplash.

Movies I will see soon: Angels & Demons and Terminator: Salvation

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
BTW, Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day will be in theatres in i believe August. The filming is done. it is the original cast, even with david della rocco who died in the first one.lol. also, willem dafoe will not be returning to reprise his role.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Star Trek 9/10 - Star Trek for the rest of us. Less talking and more action i give it a nine, cause there were holes , not a 8 because the theater i was at broke and i got a free ticket to Terminator 2

I love you, Man 9/10 - Very funny for a Bromance Movie. Very, very impressed and I love the actors.

Underworld 3 8/10 - The writing was very good to make such an evil dude seem like the anti-hero Giving him an actual cause for his species. Esp for his role in the first two, plus the CGI wasn't awful.

Wolverine: Origins -/- - Fix Deadpool. Then We'll talk about a rating, give him laser eyes again.. we are gonna have problems.

Taken 10/10 - Acting, Plot, writing just fit. I loved it.

Serenity 10/10 - If you like Firefly this is obvious, but the casting is good, it's funny. The plot is pretty cool and original. Summer Glau as a Gymnast. Cool CGI.

X - Files 2 6/10 - Cool story, but it was more of a 2 hour episode than a movie. Loved seeing Fox Mulder again.

Role Models 9/10 - Hilarious. Cast was a little Eh, but still. Writing was good, original. I have watched it like 14 times now.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I love you, man. - 10/10 Funny!!! I thought it's just another dumb comedy, but I was wrong. :)
Crank 2 - 2/10 F...ing retarded. I could tolerate the first one, but the second was awful.
Taken - 10/10 Great story.

keeper

Taken 9/10- awesome movie Liam Neeson was a ****ing savage. I'm glad he killed all those ****ing towelheads.
Yes, lots of intense ups and downs. Nothing cheesy. Love this bit of Neeson's character's dialog:

"If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
Yes, lots of intense ups and downs. Nothing cheesy. Love this bit of Neeson's character's dialog:

"If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."
i feel really bad for Liam tho...his wife just dying and all.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nice one gents, we have quite similar scores, which means im gonna get "I love you man".

Never fancied it but you brahs seem to rate it highly!

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
nice one gents, we have quite similar scores, which means im gonna get "I love you man".

Never fancied it but you brahs seem to rate it highly!
it is well worth it...****ing hysterical. paul rudd and jason segal were the perfect combo for it...jason segals beach get up kills me...UGG boots, shorts and a peacoat and scarf

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I guess I was the only one that thought Star Trek was straight WACK! It could've been alot grittier and darker and badass but instead it was all emo and...it was like High School Musical in Space. I'm surprised the Jonas Brothers weren't in it. Weak.