Pro Sprinters all on Roids?

The Anarchist

Awards
I'd like to get you guys' thoughts on this..

I'm not trying to bash on any athletes but I'm very suspicious of guys like Tyson Gay and Usain Bolt...I just look at him in all those races, his confidence and body structure and I just think he's on something for sure. I read that he went from being a 400 m runner to a top 100 m sprinter in a matter of months?! I thought guys who specialize in the 400 or above are usually therebecause they don't have near enough power to compete in the lower tiers.

I've read a lot of interviews from ex-sprinters who were caught from failed drug tests and coaches and most of them have said that all modern day pro athletes are on the juice, what do you guys think about this?

allenzo

Awards
A lot of times when you see the sprinters come out of nowhere and blast everyone out of the water and start breaking world/olympics records something is going on. One of my friends was telling me about a girl who dropped from consistent mid 11s to mid 10s in a matter of months. Only thing is you do not see the majority of the people who compete. You only get to see the elite pro athletes and sometimes NCAA and high school on TV. The pros get tested after they win a race. What the test covers I have no idea.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
It would be absolutely unfair and totally unethical to say that EVERY sprinter is on the "juice" just because one person, EVERY 8 Years, comes out of ""no-where" and dominates some competitions.

Was Carl Lewis ever said to be on steroids? Perhaps, I can't remember, but I do not think he was. He, imo, never had a powerful sprinter build, but dominated the competition for years. You have some people that try, try, and try, then break through one year and have a good year, and then, you have the juggernauts that just break out all of a sudden...both should have the benefit of the doubt.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would be absolutely unfair and totally unethical to say that EVERY sprinter is on the "juice" just because one person, EVERY 8 Years, comes out of ""no-where" and dominates some competitions.

Was Carl Lewis ever said to be on steroids? Perhaps, I can't remember, but I do not think he was. He, imo, never had a powerful sprinter build, but dominated the competition for years. You have some people that try, try, and try, then break through one year and have a good year, and then, you have the juggernauts that just break out all of a sudden...both should have the benefit of the doubt.
Nah.

No, but Ben Johnson was.

Look at the difference in his legs and his competitors.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
I thought carl lewis failed a drug test prior to the olympic games that was supposed to keep him from participating but claimed "inadvertant use".....I heard that somewhere I dont think it was for steroids but for stimulants.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
You should all watch Bigger Faster Stronger...Carl Lewis is pretty much a lying douchebag who hates on Ben Johnson for using steroids, when Lewis himself is documented for failing a us olympic committee drug test and was not even supposed to run!! Then he claims "inadvertent use".

ntornado

Awards
You should all watch Bigger Faster Stronger...Carl Lewis is pretty much a lying douchebag who hates on Ben Johnson for using steroids, when Lewis himself is documented for failing a us olympic committee drug test and was not even supposed to run!! Then he claims "inadvertent use".
Awesome documentary.