Whats The Dumbest Thing You've Been Asked In Gym?

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
As the title says, wanted to see what the dumbest / funniest / silliest things you've been asked or have heard in the gym before :)

The funniest i remember was a guy who is a Pharmacist asked me, "Hey whats that?" I said "Its my protein shake.." He goes "Does it have steroids in it?!" I said...."no course not!"

If that wasn't bad enough, he asked me If my protein shake works. I was thinking what kinda dumb question is that lol.

Whats the funniest thing you've heard or been asked in the gym before. Lets hear some stories...

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
"Are you using this?" when I'm clearly on another machine or bench.... I don't mind though, because they're just being generous and respecting my general area, lol.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
"hey man, you need a spot" on deadlifts....

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
"what is a deadlift?" Seriously, I was asked this by a lady at the gym the other day.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No really a question but...

Him = "were u curling 220lbs back there for 8 reps?
me = no mate
him = "yeah you were" in a kinda raised voice

*silence*

I put my earphones back in.

lol

Random181

Awards
  • Established
"Are u using the 17.5s" doesnt sound bad, until you factor in that I was on the bench pressing them at the time....

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
some dumbass- hey what u doing there?
me- shoulder presses.
some dumbass- o really? what muscle does it work?
(sigh).....

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
that is priceless.
o i bet if i can sit down and think..i could fill a whole thread...especially when u work out sometimes at college in their gym...lots of material there

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
ahahahahaha.. some of these are hillarious.

Case 1, a noob back from uni days decides to workout with me.
After the workout...
Him: why are you mixing milo with water?
Me: This isn't milo, it's a protein shake
Him: Why do you need that much energy after a workout, why not before.
Me(in my head): ........ (*what an idiot, doesn't even know the function of protein*)
Me: Because i'm tired, and I need the energy to feel active

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"dudde u look like dennis wolf, what r u using"
"hit ur biceps everyday for maximum size"
"i workout b4 breakfast for fatloss" - today
the list goes on and on

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha! Priceless...You get some really dumb people out there. Sometimes you just dont know what to expect when I turn up at the gym. Last week I had to climb into the gym through a window cuz someone locked the door on the inside and ran out the window for a joke lol. haha! Hey, what Can i say, cant let anything get in the way of your workouts can you?! lol.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
noob "Does your big mate inject steroids?"

me "no, he's tried a few Pro Hormones though"

noob "like creatine?"

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Guy "Do you use protein?"

me "yeah"

guy " my parents are funny with stuff like that, i gotta hide my protein"

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
How do you get that split between your upper chest? LOL...lots of work!:nervous:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sadly there are too many to remember however the one I will say is I was asked why I go so far down on squats? Too funny.

HardTrainer

HardTrainer

Awards
If that wasn't bad enough, he asked me If my protein shake works. I was thinking what kinda dumb question is that lol.
Lol. I get that question all the time. My response? Next time I see the person eating a sandwich, I ask him wether or not his sandwich works.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
There's three things that come to mind.

1) Why are you using squats? Leg presses work the back of your legs and the front of your legs, that's why you can leg press more.

My answer:- That's not true. You can leg press more because you're supplemented to the seat pressing the external load over 45 degrees which factors in half the gravity in comparison to a squat, leg presses are quad dominant and are a MACHINE which allows your body to work only in a single plane of motion. The squat works the sagital plane significantly and overloads various muscle groups, it is considered the king of mass building exercises and causes testosterone and GH production in the body. If you're not satisfied with your squatting results, actually squat to or below parallel instead of your half squats.

2) Hey, mister, does this machine TONE you?

My answer:- Toning is dictated by bodyfat, exercises don't "tone you", they can build muscle but you have to be lean to be considered "toned", unless you're a genetic freak. Toning is more in the calorie deficient and intense cardio, not a machine fly.

3) The best overall mass building exercise is a machine fly.

My answer:- Shut up.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Q: Hey how are you?

A: You best shut the fck up and get out of my fcking face. (creatine cycle)

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Haha, the creatine jokes never get old hahaha! So funny when people think creatine is steroids lol. Priceless

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
Summer gym guy:"Hey man, what are you on?"
Me: "Protein, aminos, and creatine"
Summer Gym Guy turns toward's his buddies "I told you he was juicing"

I just keep going on with my workout. Funny that I had over heard one of them say "Lets get some from GNC"

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
Haha, the creatine jokes never get old hahaha! So funny when people think creatine is steroids lol. Priceless
funny story about creatine...

at the place i used to bounce at one of the guys was a personal trainer. so he was in the locker room one day and was putting creatine in his water bottle with like crystal light or sumthing and an older guy runs out and gets a cop who is outside doing a road job. the older guy brings him into the locker room and says " there he is officer. hes doing steroids." the cop asks to see what he has in his bag, takes a look, looks at the old guy and says "shut the **** up and get your eyes checked."

then the guy i knew took a half hour talking to the old guy about what creatine was...which is even more retarded.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
funny story about creatine...

at the place i used to bounce at one of the guys was a personal trainer. so he was in the locker room one day and was putting creatine in his water bottle with like crystal light or sumthing and an older guy runs out and gets a cop who is outside doing a road job. the older guy brings him into the locker room and says " there he is officer. hes doing steroids." the cop asks to see what he has in his bag, takes a look, looks at the old guy and says "shut the **** up and get your eyes checked."

then the guy i knew took a half hour talking to the old guy about what creatine was...which is even more retarded.
lol, funny how he stayed back and told him all about creatine!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
i know...i called him a ****ing retard for that
Not really....i would do that myself. Its how you are. I teach people, even if they insult me I try to do whats right on my part. Something you learn through having a faith a bit. I have had people treat me like trash, I treated them decent in return....later they come back and apologize for being retarded and seek to make amends, and I usually get a new friend who respects me alot.

Being the bigger man I think is slowly being forgotten nowadays...If he doesnt educate the old guy, who will? You?

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
Being the bigger man I think is slowly being forgotten nowadays...If he doesnt educate the old guy, who will? You?
well, see, since he was old, i would have figured hes gonna die soon neways so whats the use. i personally wouldnt have even said nething to the old fart. but to each his own.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
3 weeks before spring break... "so how big and cut do you think I can get by spring break"

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
3 weeks before spring break... "so how big and cut do you think I can get by spring break"
omg i hear this so much...especially at the college gym. its funny cuz the gym will be packed there from after winter break until spring break..then u barely see neone there

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
well, see, since he was old, i would have figured hes gonna die soon neways so whats the use. i personally wouldnt have even said nething to the old fart. but to each his own.
lol. good point.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
hahaha.. gotta love stupid comments by stupid ppl..
I used to be a fat dude. much leaner now. One of my so-called friends who is still a fat bast*rd saw me at the gym and asked for advice on fat loss.
I spent 30 mins telling him about workout and how calories make you fat rather than dietary fat alone. Then he goes:

"ohh so you can eat as much fat as you want ,as long as you workout at the gym and convert it to muscle"....

I was so tempted to punch him in the face.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
hahaha.. gotta love stupid comments by stupid ppl..
I used to be a fat dude. much leaner now. One of my so-called friends who is still a fat bast*rd saw me at the gym and asked for advice on fat loss.
I spent 30 mins telling him about workout and how calories make you fat rather than dietary fat alone. Then he goes:

"ohh so you can eat as much fat as you want ,as long as you workout at the gym and convert it to muscle"....

I was so tempted to punch him in the face.
see i like to mess with people so i make **** up..like..o u have to add fresh cut grass to your protein shakes, mix tuna with scrambled eggs in the morning, or ingest your protein shakes anally (no homo).

or tell him to chew sugarless gum (if anyone knows where thats from, you win).

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
lol.. i love reading the answers to these... i got one: so, i'm doing my hour of cardio, ipod in, hat pulled down low, soaked in sweat, cruising along.. one of those big balls to stretch and do abs on is a few feet from my stepper machine..this young guy comes up and looks at me and points to the purple-barney colored ball and asks am i using it. lol.. i couldn't help but smile. really, it is the ultimate sign of respect in the gym. when you clearly aren't using the piece of equipment but someone takes the time to ask you anyways..

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
lol.. i love reading the answers to these... i got one: so, i'm doing my hour of cardio, ipod in, hat pulled down low, soaked in sweat, cruising along.. one of those big balls to stretch and do abs on is a few feet from my stepper machine..this young guy comes up and looks at me and points to the purple-barney colored ball and asks am i using it. lol.. i couldn't help but smile. really, it is the ultimate sign of respect in the gym. when you clearly aren't using the piece of equipment but someone takes the time to ask you anyways..
thats is great when someone asks...a rare find today. i only do that to people i hate. this happened the other day, i waited for the guy i hate to walk away from what he was using, so i qucikly swoop in and when he comes back he says hey im using that...and i look at him and say..well its not like u were workin hard.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
"Hey dude, what are you up too?"

"Why are you doing so many situps?"

"Stretching is stupid, i never stretch and the only thing i get is shin splints" - Funny how you get shin splints, when you never run.. or work your legs. His workout was bench, Triceps, curls.

"I don't need to change my diet, i'm doing fine" ....

"Does that protein shake help you lose weight?"

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
omg i hear this so much...especially at the college gym. its funny cuz the gym will be packed there from after winter break until spring break..then u barely see neone there
I fcuking hate january and the first half of february when we get all the new years resolutions and then just when its almost over, BAM, spring breakers - thinking they can go to the gym for a month and tone up for the beach. Get the fcuk out of my gym b*tch.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriend at the time was asked once if she was training for ms. Olympia. She was fit (played tennis and soccer) but that still got a night hearty WTF from me.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Luckily people don't ask me too much at the gym anymore. When I started at this one a few years ago, I'd never talk to anyone - just go in music blaring in my ears and get work done. Then as I began to make friends, they talked more and my time there became a social event as well...something that I really needed anyway. (Having a family now kinda puts a cramp on the ol' social life. Growing up sucks!!!)

But every once in a while I get a girl in there who is outgoing enough to make smalltalk, and it seems that if I offer any advice on how to do something correctly, their response is the same..."I don't want to get all big like you!". HA!! Me? I don't think I'm that big, and I'm definitely not as huge as Kim (swollwilliams) up there! Dumbest thing is when someone alludes to me using steroids. I don't, never have, and never will. It's funny, but kinda insulting at the same time. I end up laughing it off knowing that if I ever did "use", I'd be in much better shape than I am now! :lol: Oh, well...no accounting for the ignorance of the general public sometimes...

:trout:

UKStrength

"Is that steroids you're taking?" (as I sip a strawberry-coloured protein shake)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Do these dumbbells make me look fat?"

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha, some really funny things here. An old friend I bumped into gym on wednesday, had put on quite a bit of fat, well, he looked like he had a spare tyre around his waist to be honest, kinda like he was wearing an inflatable swimming float/ring around his stomach?! lol....

In a convo, he said to me..."Yeh man, I just really wana turn this fat into muscle" (while doing situps)

Anyone ever hear the Trying to turn this fat into muscle B.S?! Never seems to get old in my gym lol.