Heart Rate and Blood Pressure

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Does heart rate have any correlation with bloodpressure? I have an average resting heartrate of 52-54... would bloodpressure be greater than someone with a heartrate of 65? I know that if your heart beats less times in a minute, it is being more efficient, but wouldn't it have to beat harder to compensate?

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I don't think so. Your heart is able to pump more blood per beat but it still pumps the same amount of blood per minute.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
HR and BP are not really associated with each other. HR measures the amount of times a heart cycles through sytole and diastole which has very little effect on BP itself unless being put under a lot of undo stress (high intensity work outs). BP is more or less dependent on age, gender, weight (obesity), the ability of the blood vessels to constrict and contract, the amount of fat/constriction variables on the arterial walls, viscosity of the blood itself, and obviously stress. HR is just the cycle of how many times a heart beats BP is the measure of how high the pressure from the ejected blood is forced against arterial walls.