How old did everyone stop growing?

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Well I no its a random question, but what did age did everyone think they stopped growing? I know full well that the theory is 25, but right now im thinking ive finished at 17, I am easily the tallest person in my family (excluding those married in) im about 2 inch above my dad (my mum is like 5inch shorter than him) and I have my dads broad shoulders (and he has easily the broadest in my genetic line) so I kinda think im done as far as growin goes now. On average though what age did everyone stop growing? am I like the only one who appears to have finished at 17 or did some of you guys?

beastmode99

Awards
I have a friend that stopped growing at 10, seriously

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
you can get a growth spurt at 20-21 ;)

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know some people mainly female though that stopped growing by middle school and I know some guys that grew through college. I know some that stopped in highschool all depends. you could be finished heightwise at 17 it's not unheard of

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately, I'm still growing old.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately, I'm still growing old.
yes you are....but your years of wisdom create good products...so its all ok

I think height wise I stopped back in HS. Now I am widening out with muscle, that growth will never stop!!!!

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i stopped growing at 16 - 17. I was 5'9 back then and i'm 5'8 to 5'9 now (perhaps more mass causes more compression to my spine).

I don't know if my bones had ossified by then, or if I was just producing inadequate growth hormone.. but whatever.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
There's no set rule, I stopped growing at 14. My best friend was 5'6'' when we we're both 14 and he's now 6'3''. He stopped growing at about 19-20