Stress and heart attacks? - AnabolicMinds.com

Stress and heart attacks?

1. New Member

Question Stress and heart attacks?

Do you think that being exposed to extraordinary stress or crisis situations can basically cause changes in the heart even within short periods of times?

I came across this video here from Dr.Mercola (Creating a Heart Attack- An Animal Study) you can watch it at youtube which seems to imply this.
    This is scary. If this is true then shouldn't soldiers for example who came back from war, who were in death and life situations and experienced a lot of stress, all die a short time after that from a heart attack?

This worries me because in the past few months I had a lot of stress. Basically the worst time of my life. Never had so much pressure. A few times I really felt like going insane. Of course I know that this is anything but healthy but if I could have escaped this crap then I would have done it.
    Do I need to be worried now and go to a cardiologist?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Short answer....yes.

Think about it....have you ever heard of being "scared to death"? That is a stimulus of short term stress (fear) that effects the heart. Even if you don't die, I'm sure you remember times someone scares you and you felt like you were punched in the chest.

Other short term stress (that last days/weeks/months) will effect blood pressure and heart rate......effecting the heart.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by spiro View Post
    Do you think that being exposed to extraordinary stress or crisis situations can basically cause changes in the heart even within short periods of times?

I came across this video here from Dr.Mercola (Creating a Heart Attack- An Animal Study) you can watch it at youtube which seems to imply this.
    This is scary. If this is true then shouldn't soldiers for example who came back from war, who were in death and life situations and experienced a lot of stress, all die a short time after that from a heart attack?

This worries me because in the past few months I had a lot of stress. Basically the worst time of my life. Never had so much pressure. A few times I really felt like going insane. Of course I know that this is anything but healthy but if I could have escaped this crap then I would have done it.
    Do I need to be worried now and go to a cardiologist?
    I know just what you mean! About 3 years ago my dad cheated on my mom and left the family. If that wasn't enough, a month later my gf of 4 years left me. I was so ****ed and I seriously thought I was going to go insane literally. Anyhow.... I was messed up for a good year and I'm still alive today. I don't think it's healthy, but I also don't believe you should worry too much about a heart attack. Unless you have a pre-existing condition, or you have chest pain, I wouldn't worry too much. I hope your problems dissapear quickly! Good luck!
    •   

4. New Member

Thanks.
    I don't have any heart problems. But this video from Mercola was pretty scary. It basically said that such a stress causes an edema in the coronary arteries which can be seen only a short time afterwards and then it disappears but the arteries are changed after that.

They also had an example of some manager or business person who got a heart attack a few months after going bankcrupt or something like that. According to their theory the stress which was caused by going bankcrupt caused a heart damage and then the people usually get a heart attack within a few months after the exposure to the stress.
    And that's why I asked if soldiers who went through extraordinary stressful situations all get heart attacks and die like the flies within a few months after that. Actually if this connection really existed then it should be pretty obvious.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Heart Attacks
    By EasyEJL in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 03:59 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 05:55 PM
  4. Heart attacks and strokes...
    By Chris95 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2