2nd chances at life?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else got any stories about getting another chance in this dog eat dog world? It is a crappy time all round for everyone, I figured a thread that will show negatives being overcome, or getting a second chance at things when the world seemed doomed in your eyes.

Reason I would like to see this is personally, at age 22, I am facing financial issues that could possibly lead to the nasty "B" word. And mentally its kind of hard to face 7 years of crappy credit should that happen.

We have a prayer support thread, an unemployment support thread, figure why not have a thread that shows overcoming. Defeating the seemingly unbeatable. Maybe not just stories from your own life, but friends of family. Lets get some positive chi going guys!

After all, I was always promised it could not rain forever.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes....drugs are bad - especially when you have depression.

Avoid them...because only the strongest will be able to pull out of that fatal tailspin and fly again.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At 33, and in my own financial issues (thanks to divorce) all I can say is approach 1 day at a time. It truly is the only way to survive and smile

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reason I would like to see this is personally, at age 22, I am facing financial issues that could possibly lead to the nasty "B" word. And mentally its kind of hard to face 7 years of crappy credit should that happen.
I declared bankrupcy at 22 as part of a divorce. If you are in a scenario where you are thinking about it, then maybe 7 years of crappy credit will teach you to only buy what you can afford. It didn't work for me :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
we all gotta learn easy lol.

Its amazing what divorce can do to a guys wallet

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
we all gotta learn easy lol.

Its amazing what divorce can do to a guys wallet
The funny thing was we agreed on it and declared bankruptcy together, before finalizing the divorce. Basically we had run up 30k or so in credit card debt almost exclusively on vacations, clothes, restaurants, etc. while having 0 in assets. Lived in an apartment, had crappy cars, etc. And that was when you could opt to do the "byebye" bankrupcty, which is no longer so easy. All you get declaring bankruptcy nowadays is easier payments from what I hear.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The funny thing was we agreed on it and declared bankruptcy together, before finalizing the divorce. Basically we had run up 30k or so in credit card debt almost exclusively on vacations, clothes, restaurants, etc. while having 0 in assets. Lived in an apartment, had crappy cars, etc. And that was when you could opt to do the "byebye" bankrupcty, which is no longer so easy. All you get declaring bankruptcy nowadays is easier payments from what I hear.
My number is right around yours man... Save I am single, some did come from an ex, a decent chunk from medical, about 13K is a car. Really if I had not lost me job, all would be well. I was paying things down, doing good.....and bam lol.

Gott love them curve balls.

Sorry you had such a crazy start as well man. But you seem to have made good on your life lol.

EDIT: plus i just noticed 30K between today and then is a huge difference... today its not as bad as back then, am I correct?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established

Avoid them...because only the strongest will be able to pull out of that fatal tailspin and fly again.
X2. And that second half was quite literal for me, as it turns out.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My number is right around yours man... Save I am single, some did come from an ex, a decent chunk from medical, about 13K is a car. Really if I had not lost me job, all would be well. I was paying things down, doing good.....and bam lol.

Sorry you had such a crazy start as well man. But you seem to have made good on your life lol.

EDIT: plus i just noticed 30K between today and then is a huge difference... today its not as bad as back then, am I correct?
It was pretty bad then, could buy decent 3 bed 2 bath houses here in tampa for $70k....

Eh, now i'm in the upper 40k region and wondering how I got there again.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
It was pretty bad then, could buy decent 3 bed 2 bath houses here in tampa for $70k....

Eh, now i'm in the upper 40k region and wondering how I got there again.
Dang. sorry to hear it. Its amazing how fast this crap racks up. If I could just get a massive student loan I would be sitting purty. Actually I have been thinking about talking to my bank about a consolidation loan. In all reality this nose dive can be brought level, I just need a decent income. I am still basically living off credit for food/gas/phone bill/car insurance.

Though me and my buddy are going to start doing DJing since he has all the equipment and tech(his computer is worth 5.5K) He has industry top speakers that he cant even use in the house. with him I will knock down an extra 600 a month doing 2 parties. More if we can find more. And with the summer coming, and the 4th of July in such...there is potential. And basically I just help set it up and run it.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I didn't have any debt when I got divorced 3 years ago, and that was my 2nd chance at life.
Here I am 3 years later, I have a beautiful girl friend, an equally beautiful daughter and I bought a house 2x the size of the one I let my ex wife keep in trade for the dog. She kept everything and I left with my dog and my dignity.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try around 100k counting equity/attorney bills/child support for 8yrs.
I am with you. I am going for a custody hearing in about 2 hours. Basically I am being held hostage as she is unemplyed and I cannot have her removed from the house.

Today should cost me a few grand. :rant:

tattoopierced1

I am with you. I am going for a custody hearing in about 2 hours. Basically I am being held hostage as she is unemplyed and I cannot have her removed from the house.

get ready for a ride my friend.. dads get the shaft and are far from being equal to women in custody situations.. sad but true.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are right in most situations, however, I think this will be different. ;)

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Amen to this one and especially add alcohol to it!

Mr.50

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established

I hope things work out well for you! I have been in your shoes and it is not fun. But I still try to be the best father I can be and I always will.
Speaking of which, I just had to go get my son from school for shoving/fighting in the lunch room. He calls his dad to come get him and not his mom. (I hope this is a good thing!)

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
get ready for a ride my friend.. dads get the shaft and are far from being equal to women in custody situations.. sad but true.
Dude, my county in the past has had 1 civil court judge who was a woman. She gives everything to the women. It's not even funny. You go in and bend over.
We have a couple more now and 1 or 2 are men.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established

You could always join the Air Force for 4 years. Had a bunch of friends do that.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
You could always join the Air Force for 4 years. Had a bunch of friends do that.
Read my other post in the "college in mid 20's" thread about panzies joining the military for money. I have self respect, plus i have no respect for the air guard.....

I was thinking of joining the Army again, but def not the panzie brigade.

2 years of good hard work out here can pay off what they want me for 4 years for. Crazy sign on bonuses. But I have too much free will, and I cant stand ignorant people being in control of my life. I dont support this government, or our current military goals. So.... anything short of a PMC, and its not likely.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jonnynips Anabolics 23
Anabolics 18
Cycle Logs 1
GQdaLEGEND Sports Talk 87
botk1161 Anabolics 8