nat. champs

size

Awards
  • Established
Well, it is obvious that USC is going to split the national championship with OU or LSU.

USC over Michign 28-14

USC looked very good today, I expected that but I was impressed and surprised.

I think it is going to be LSU in the Sugar Bowl.

Last edited:
lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm with you on that too. I'm takin' LSU as well with a 5 point spread over OU for about 60 bucks with one of my buddies. LSU just has way too much speed on the field for OU to handle. Their passing game will be shut down. Here's to the new champs, *crosses fingers*

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
West cost bias here but I feel strongly that USC has been the best team (even with Oklahoma playing so well before the Kansas State game) the entire year. They flat out have athletes and play makers. Split champs.... probably as undeserving as the last split champs i can remember (miami and washington). THe Dawgs were CLEARLY the best team,.......hehe
Sage

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SOONERS!

Where's Biggs? :D

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
LSU..
Saga, come on man give the SEC some credit.. we have a dang tough conference down here..

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My bro will be there working the game for FOX...(our local station covering the game). Anyone want some authentic SOONER Natl. Champion Hats? :D

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
well that will be a collector's item.. kinda like the Dewey beats Truman Front page.. :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LMAO!!! Now THAT was a good one....

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Matt, ill definitely give the SEC huge props. Ill go as far as to say, they have the best conference up and down, considering both sides of the SEC. They definitely have athlethes(clayton and the receiver core is one of the best overall in the nation), but so do the sooners (with perkins and their entire defensive linebackers and corners) All im saying is that in a situation where all three teams played one another, USC would beat both of them if all three teams played to the full potential.
And also, even though Mike Williams will not be back for his junior year, if he "does"...... consider the 2004-2005 champs locked with the same QB-WR-RB combo
Sage

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if I agree with that statement but LSU is a young team.. and I am expecting to be seeing them on top of things for the next few years.. but only time will tell

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
sorry boys; i'm an SEC fan but i still like OU because of their history; they remind me of Alabama (my fav team) with their hard hitting play...

and if the sooners bring their A-game... LSU doesnt have a chance in hell...

and losing one game against a good team when you've got it in your head that you are too good doesnt mean that the other 12 consecutive, dominant, and convincing wins beforehand dont mean anything...

If OU just wins they will get the BCS National Champion title which is all that matters... but in my mind they'd be sharing it with USC since both are great teams...

but OU can go out there and make a statement by annihilating LSU... and if they do there wont be a doubt in my mind about the national championship..

anyone remember the Texas game? :) Texas was #5 at the time and OU beat em 65-13... that was this year guys; that was the real Oklahoma

size

Awards
  • Established
Well, guys we will all know come Sunday night.

LSU has the best defensive line in college and are extremely fast on defense. White is going to spend alot of time on his ass.
LSU has a STABLE of running backs. The two starting coming into the year Carey and Addai hardly see any action anymore b/c there are so many good young guys behind them. LSU has one of the best punt team in the country, but kicking is weak. Problem I see though is LSU will be w/o their long snapper.

OU is great all around and coming off of a loss they are going to be tough and prepared. Stoops is one of the best coaches in football and giving him all this time to prepare will result in a good defensive plan. There defense is probably the best top to bottom in the country.

LSU is a 6.5 point dog and I will take those 6.5 as I will ride the home dog. The superdome will not be a neutral field and for that, I give the edge to LSU. I have money on it too.

I disagree with the statement that USC would kill both of these teams. I actually think the opposite.

size

Awards
  • Established
Well,

I hate to tell you i told so, but I made money again.

Last edited:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
See I would have also.. Bean.. LSU is going to be a powerhouse in the future.. they are building a good program over there and I have noticed that the western side of the SEC did very very well this round in the bowls.. Also I don't think the OK team that beat the hell out of Texas will be seen again.. but that is just my opinion.. :D

labrad

Awards
  • Established
The best conferences imo are in order: 1. Big 12 2. SEC 3. Big 10 4. PAC 10.

It was a very close race this year and 3 teams were arguably in the running to play in the championship game. I felt that the 2 best teams played in the BCS, though I was impressed w/ USC in the Rose Bowl.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
The best conferences imo are in order: 1. Big 12 2. SEC 3. Big 10 4. PAC 10.
Ill agree with you on the list. 1 and 2 can be interchangable. Pac 10 only falls behind the Big 10 because the lack of depth in the conference. the 5th ranked conference in my opinion was the Big East (not next year, with UM and VT gone) and the MAC. (gotta give props to the likes of bowling green and such)
Sage

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hot damn, I'm 60 bucks richer. OU got proven wrong on all accounts last night. They didn't have a chance from the beginning. OU is good, but not good enough. USC would have beaten LSU last night if the Broken Computer System would've calculated differently. I've seen both teams play numerous times and USC has it. Hell, I even called that at the beginning of the season, refer to the 1st page of the official college football thread. LSU will be a contender next year as well, OU on hte other hand would have been better matched up against Michigain in the bowl they played.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
SOONERS!

Where's Biggs? :D

LOL and what a saaad display THAT was! :D

LSU fucking owned them, nicely played all around.

(by the way, a big '**** you' to all the coaches and bullshit that surrounds college ball. don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good college game as much as the next guy but god damn if they don't all act like fuckin soon-to-be NFL pros... besides the fact that NO college coach should be earning millions of dollars. plenty of other **** their universities need than to perpetuate the redneck good ol boys club... yea anyway, game was fun to watch though... back to pro ball :D )

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
OSU Who?

Screw you, I'm going to Pinnacle. :D

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
damn straight... hey, out of the two I'm thrilled OU's been the hot one, they have more enlightened folks there, not nearly as 'Deliverance' type as OSU, that's for sure. better University on almost every level (people there know how to have a good f'in time too ;) ) just unfortunate that LSU used their speed to run circles around them. good thing I didn't have money on that bad boy.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Both USC and LSU are damm impressive. It would be awesome to watch LSU's fast, physical, and ferocious defense against USC's offensive juggernaut. USC would give LSU some headaches though cause Matt Leinart is not a statue, USC has 2 dangerous wide receivers, and Pete Carroll seems to have good schemes for every one ( who would have thought that they would have 9 sacks ). On the other hand, LSU survived the most physical and competitive conference in the nation ( It could be the ACC next year though ) and they did lose to a greatly talented and poorly coached team in Florida ( no way should they have lost 37-17 to Iowa ). I think many people are also forgetting that LSU practically had a HOME GAME FOR THE NAT'L TITLE. Oklahoma also lost one of their Defensive Coaches, not making excuses for them but I think it has an impact.