Why do kids like their "music" so loud?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Why do kids like their "music" so loud?

Seriously.

I mean maybe I'm just old (37) but is there really a need to have bass cranked to the point the widows rattle in my apartment when your a quarter mile up the road?

A few weeks ago my wife and I were awakened by the neighbor who was playing music as he cleaned his car. When we complained he said he couldn't hear it!!!!My wife told him to c'mon in we hear it fine!!!

Idiots.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    Seriously.

I mean maybe I'm just old (37) but is there really a need to have bass cranked to the point the widows rattle in my apartment when your a quarter mile up the road?

from a nap one weekA few weeks ago awakened by the neighbor who was [laying music as he cleaned his car. When we complained he said he couldn't hear it!!!!My wife told him to c'mon in we hear it fine!!!

Idiots.
    I have superb hearing, at the cost of a very bland sense of smell( I can hear a phone vibrate out in my car lol, but I can barely smell what kind of food is in front of me).

My friend though has hes new computer set up, with these speakers that he explained to me are the most powerful you can buy, he turned it on at like 40% and I felt nothing but pain. he is proud of the fact the special way the it is built will carry the bass and not let it drop. He can vibrat glass on windows down the road.

I duno why even have that. I like quite. And its not just being old, I am 22 man. I crank my car music, but only if I am on the freeway, doing 80Mph with the windows down and sunroof open.

Just building layers of hearing loss lol.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

What kills me is this neighbor has a 2 year old that sits in a car seat in the back...I know that poor little guy is destined for hearing problems in the future.
    •   

4. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I thought i was the only one who listen to music loud... back in my drinking days i used to blast metallica in the middle of the night and then go listen outside, now when i look back i feel sorry for my old neighbors.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  5. Registered User

I am 49 and play my music at really stupid volume levels. So much so thta my 23 and 21 sons complain about the volume. That is a conversation I wouldhave never had with my Dad.

Oh, and most of it is harder Christian rock (like Kutless, Red, Seventh Day Slumber...).
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I am 49 and play my music at really stupid volume levels. So much so thta my 23 and 21 sons complain about the volume. That is a conversation I wouldhave never had with my Dad.

Oh, and most of it is harder Christian rock (like Kutless, Red, Seventh Day Slumber...).
    Rock on BRUDDA!!! thats the best music around
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

What kills me is this neighbor has a 2 year old that sits in a car seat in the back...I know that poor little guy is destined for hearing problems in the future.
    Dude im sorry but thats really F*ed up right there someone really needs an a$$kicking
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

I like children my ex has a child of her own who is three and I would do dearly for a child but man doing something like that I can understand rollin down the road music blastin when its just him and his girl but when the kids involved they are really making some really poor decisions. That child should not have to suffer and honestly my ex had hearing problems really bad she wears these hearing aid earbuds so she can hear at the age of 22. Im sorry guys but I really feel bad for others and what they have to live for the rest of their lives but man I am just kinda upset that this people would do such a horrible thing to a child for crying out loud! Damnit where these ppl at ima take my damn Shock Theraphy and Jack3d rolll over their house and show em some real noise.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Seriously.

A few weeks ago my wife and I were awakened by the neighbor who was playing music as he cleaned his car. When we complained he said he couldn't hear it!!!!My wife told him to c'mon in we hear it fine!!!

Idiots.
    i think itsfor the same reason people wear sunglasses at night?

i personally have a system in my car, but dont have it set up as of yet, i did, but i play bass so i LOVE hearing it. i do not listen to rap very often thoguh thats just obnoxious
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i think itsfor the same reason people wear sunglasses at night?

i personally have a system in my car, but dont have it set up as of yet, i did, but i play bass so i LOVE hearing it. i do not listen to rap very often thoguh thats just obnoxious
    I used to have a sub in my car and it was awesome to rock some metal with some double bass in my car... hahhahah people look at you crazy when they hear bass coming from your car and then all of a sudden hear crazy screaming hahaha
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Lol. I got 2 alpine type r 10 in perefect for fast pace metal and rock and punk. atleast its diff then traditional rap **** everyone plays

12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

i only listen to my music loud when in my ipod when im at the gym...so i don't have to listen to all the retards talking.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    i only listen to my music loud when in my ipod when im at the gym...so i don't have to listen to all the retards talking.
    Nice
  14. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.

I got 2 infinity 12's,... but I only listen too my music extremely loud when im on the highway,.... and the wind is smacking me in the face. Kinda hard to hear my music with the window down going 100mph,.... geez lol.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

I listen to my music loud at my personal hearing expense. As soon as I can tell that I could be interfering with someone else's hearing or comfort, I stop. Listening to loud music is fine. Making other people listen to loud music that they don't want to hear is not cool.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Just now my wife and I are trying to watch TV and we hear

BOOM

BOOMBOOMBOOM

BOOM

BOOMBOOMBOOM

so we're like wtf?!?!?!?!

My wife sticks her head out the front door and it someone in the apartment building next door. She hollars "Hey dude, can you turn it down? You're shaking stuff on our walls" and the bastard just laughed and kept walking.

He better be glad I didn't see that.

I'm complaining when I pay rent tomorrow, if that doesn't work I see me beating someones self centered ass in the future. We'll see how well he hears when I have his head shoved so far up his ass he turns inside out.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

u could go Goodfellas style and pistol whp him a couple times...then shove his head in the sub box and turn it up full blast and leave him there.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  217 lbs.

I can't contain myself when One by Metallica comes on my car radio. I like certain songs so much that I insist on sharing my music with everyone at the intersection by rolling down my windows and cranking the volume.
  19. Registered User

I'm a car audio fanatic!!! I LOVE BASS.
    You will never hear me beating down your block at 2am, or at the stoplight sitting next to you, or even creeping through the mall parking lot. I keep my music down (unless I'm on the highway) for a couple reasons
    A. There are a ton of scum out there waiting to steal whatever you have that they can't afford. So when you go around town playing your stereo you are just advertising what you have and someone will sooner or later take it!!
    B. Just plain respect for other people around me. Noone wants to hear my ****ty music and I don't want to hear theirs.
    I HATE kids that go around and play it as loud as they can and then look over at you at a stoplight with the "yea I'm a baller" look. They give us actual enthusiasts of the sport a bad name.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

Seriously.

Idiots.
    their music choice is so good, that everyone should like it....
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmy gibler View Post
    I'm a car audio fanatic!!! I LOVE BASS.
    You will never hear me beating down your block at 2am, or at the stoplight sitting next to you, or even creeping through the mall parking lot. I keep my music down (unless I'm on the highway) for a couple reasons
    A. There are a ton of scum out there waiting to steal whatever you have that they can't afford. So when you go around town playing your stereo you are just advertising what you have and someone will sooner or later take it!!
    B. Just plain respect for other people around me. Noone wants to hear my ****ty music and I don't want to hear theirs.
    I HATE kids that go around and play it as loud as they can and then look over at you at a stoplight with the "yea I'm a baller" look. They give us actual enthusiasts of the sport a bad name.

You can do it respectfully...it seems you're the minority. There's nothing wrong with enjoying something, it's forcing others to it too that bothers me.

I just don't see any need for me to sit in my apartment minding my own business and have things on my walls vibrating because some jackass thinks he's gangsta.

I'm thinking there may be a psychological aspect...using human animal theory, it's an announcement of ar***** and/or territory.

Or maybe these idiots have such little self-esteem they need this to have people pay attention to them.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

Or maybe these idiots have such little self-esteem they need this to have people pay attention to them.
    I think you may have hit it on the head... mostly immaturity
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    I used to have a sub in my car and it was awesome to rock some metal with some double bass in my car... hahhahah people look at you crazy when they hear bass coming from your car and then all of a sudden hear crazy screaming hahaha

Tell me about it, I usually like to crank my car's system while listening to mudvayne... especially when I'm driving in the ghetto parts of Los Angeles. People (including the Thugs) look at me if I'm crazy.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. "dont tell the kids!" new steroid study
    By billm311 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 05:02 PM
  2. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 02:55 PM
  4. Replies: 260
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 12:32 PM