Best/Worst Gift Thread

HammyAbeer

Awards
My best was the new Craftsmen All in One Router/Dremel/Drill
Worst was a Disney Ornament

Honorable mentions was a stocking full of misc. protein bars.

My fiance's worst was a half-ass recycled Black Pleather Purse from our neighbors. You should have seen the acting job when she opened that. We laughed our asses off. Last year they gave us a recycled bagel holder. WTF?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
my family nor friends are cool enough to buy me supplements (hehe). I got a new labtop and a pretty bangin' palm pilot. Several DKNY and Kennoth Cole shirts to pimp. Fav..... the computer. Least.... none. Merry Christmas to me!!
Sage

jaketparker

Awards
Recycled bagel holder???? Thats a sign you need to move bro.....lol. Id have to say the 10 lbs of optimum chocolate and bucket of nectar was the best gift from my sis. Or the xbox from my parents, I know, 22 and playing xbox, im such a kid....

HammyAbeer

Awards
gotta love Ghetto gifts, I think they go into their closet of crappy wedding gifts and pick one and wrap it up. Thats alright, Im getting married in April and will have quite the arsenal.

rpward210

Far Beyond Driven
Awards
Cash, cash and cash! It is easily the best gift I could ask for! No way was my family going to buy me M1T or a chip for my Mark VIII. Needless to say, I am a happy camper. Hammy, you need no friends, bro!

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
The best gift I got was 30g each of 1T & 4AD powder. My wife's the best! The worst gift I got was a bunch of plates and cups that I decided to give to my bro & his wife. They just bought a house so I thought they could use them.

dito

Awards
  • Established
Dito did not get anything he wanted. Nor did he buy anyone gifts. Hah I got some dishes and towels. WTF do I need more of those for?

FLY

Awards
All my gifts were good....

1. Citizen Sport EchoDrive watch
2. Finding Nemo DVD (hehehe, disney rocks)
3. Pumping Iron DVD:25th anniversary edition
4. Complete set of 5 Arnold Schwarzenegger "Traits of a Champion" Posters
5. The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger
6. Smaller clothes that finally fit to compensate for my loss of 40lbs over this summer.
7. Carbon Fiber Trunk for my car.

But if I had to choose, my best gift was my new Scattante Road Bike........I didn't really get a bad gift

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
I got 3 copies of the new Pumping Iron DVD. Great DVD, but three copies? WTF

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
All my gifts were good....

1. Citizen Sport EchoDrive watch
2. Finding Nemo DVD (hehehe, disney rocks)
3. Pumping Iron DVD:25th anniversary edition
4. Complete set of 5 Arnold Schwarzenegger "Traits of a Champion" Posters
5. The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger
6. Smaller clothes that finally fit to compensate for my loss of 40lbs over this summer.
7. Carbon Fiber Trunk for my car.

But if I had to choose, my best gift was my new Scattante Road Bike........I didn't really get a bad gift

Nice F'n bike...I'm jealous! :mad:
Someone on this board is spoiled...LOL :p

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
That is one sweet bike.

Wife got me a new car stereo and a little leather mini skirt that she can leave on while we uhhh well nevermind.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Heh, you guys crack me up. My best gift was a new head unit for my car and an electric shaver. My worst was a $50 gift certificate for American Eagle. Ughh....it makes me sick just thinking about walking into that store. I can't stand preppy people or their clothes. :) I shudder everytime i see those Blue Navy commercials too. :p

SeaHawk22

Awards
bump

I think this is a great thread to bring back to life for xmas this year.

I would like to add something. Its not xmas yet, but my wife and I got married this summer, and my stepmother's sister gave us a wooden salad bowl. My fricken family flew the lady in and on top of that paid hundreds of dollars to have her stay in the hotel we were getting married in. I guess you would need to see all the things my family has done for this lady to truly understand what a slap in the face it was to my wife and I to get a fricken salad bowl. aaarrrggghhh

SeaHawk22 :)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
best gift - a temperpedic pillow - this thing is frickin amazing and got rid of all my neck and back pain in seriously like a week

worst gift - nothing really comes to mind

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Bluplunkt (sp) radio and 4 speakers with an amp and sub-woofer were my best gifts. My second best was a 1984 Hutch BMX Prostyle bike frame and fork. Wanted one when I was a kid but parents would never buy one for me.

Worst: I think I got asme crappy sweaters a few years ago.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One year I told my girlfriend to get me 50 buffalo wings. She did and I ate them. It was good. :D

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
One year I told my girlfriend to get me 50 buffalo wings. She did and I ate them. It was good. :D
Now, if you ate those at Hooters, then that would be one hell of a Christmas gift. Damn, I love their wings, but my new wife won't let me go. :sad:

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I got one that takes It.....A red sweater. At first I was like wow this sucks its a red sweater but then when I went back for the second look later that night I saw it still had a tag on it...1.99 cents...yes thats right one dollar and ninty nine cents. From ocean state job lot just to make things even worse. From my own sister...dam...

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
HAHAHA $1.99 - thats horrible

best gift - my iBook this year (got it early and had to sacrafice my bday and next year's xmas presents)

worst gift - this euro trash stretchy gray shirt from armani from my sister. don't know why on earth she thought I'd like it but she was pretty proud of herself until she saw my face when I opened it haha

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
best gift- sirius satellite radio w/a years subscription.

worst gift- a freaking nutracker doll from one of my aunts. To make it even worse it was dressed up like a golfer. I haven't played golf since I was in highschool over 3 years ago. WTF am i gonna do w/a nutcracker doll.

Bouncer79

Awards
Had a lot of good gifts. Best one I got wasn't something to buy, it was last week when the doctor came out of surgery and said my mom beat the cancer.

Worst gift ever was an orange chip/dip tray with yellow and black peppers on it

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Worst gift.

Let me set it up...

The previous Christmas, my brother and I (I am 8 years older) both received stereos. Mine was larger and had more features. Ok, so this particular year, he and I both had big boxes that we saved for last.

He opened his, it was a 19 inch color TV. So I'm thinking.. all right 21 inch for me! I opened mine.

It was some 1950's looking giant metal, non-electric typewriter that my grandmother thought I could use for school.

Arrrghggghhh!!!

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
It was some 1950's looking giant metal, non-electric typewriter that my grandmother thought I could use for school.

Arrrghggghhh!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's gotta be one of the funniest gift stories I've ever heard.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Best Gift last year my wife got me a weight rack to put olympic plates on.Dam that thing comes in handy..

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Best-I am getting a mini fridge and microwave

Worst-Dont know yet.

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
dear god that's hysterical ... gotta love grandmas
Think that's bad? When I was a kid I remember my Grandma giving me Operation Desert Storm t-shirts like 2 years after the war!

SeaHawk22

Awards
I got one that takes It.....A red sweater. At first I was like wow this sucks its a red sweater but then when I went back for the second look later that night I saw it still had a tag on it...1.99 cents...yes thats right one dollar and ninty nine cents. From ocean state job lot just to make things even worse. From my own sister...dam...

Hey a fellow Rhode Islander :cheers: ??? Or are Ocean State job lots everywhere. I assume they are mostly around Rhode Island since it is the "Ocean State".

SeaHawk22

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
best this year- sirius radio w/ year subscription.

worst - can't think of anything.

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey a fellow Rhode Islander :cheers: ??? Or are Ocean State job lots everywhere. I assume they are mostly around Rhode Island since it is the "Ocean State".

SeaHawk22

I am from Mass but RI is just a hop skip and a jump down 95 haha.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Ok I got one here
The worst gift was when I was 16. Keep in mind here I"m 16 years old! My older brother who was 19 or 20 at the time was coming home from school on Christmas Day. So he arrives with gifts in hand. I get mine (also note I spent about $25 for his ass) so I opened it and it was a little cap gun!!!

I tried to be nice at first then I snapped. I went nuts asking him what in the hell was he thinking. His response: "I know you like guns so I thought you would like it". I went hunting for the first time with my uncle that season so this moron thought I would like a cap gun. It was obvious this focker bought it at some gas station and it cost him a big 89cents. :nono:

Even my mom who is always the one saying it's the thought that counts went a little nuts.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
best gift: a Hug/leap waking my ass up from my nephew, nothing is better than seeing that cute little face and hearing...I love you auntie!!!!

Worst gift: 2 doz roses, from a stalker..........Side note: I took them back to the flower shop and added my own card....:I am allergic to flowers,(a lie) and I am allergic to you ( not a lie)...please leave me alone.....:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Best Gift I recieved: Dell X50 Pocket PC, and a stuffed Rhinocerous
Worst: None!

Coolest Gift I Gave: An 8x11 glossy of the Cowboy's From Hell album cover signed by all the members of Pantera in 1991, and a guitar pick that Dimebag Darrell used at the same show. I set them up really nice in a frame and gave it to my kid brother who is a huge Pantera fan and was really saddened by Dime's murder earlier this month. It cost me a pretty penny, but the look on his face when he saw it was so worth it:)