Super Bowl Champion Predictions

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok..just wanted to get some debates going. Its very simple...write who you think will win it all this year.

My pick: Indy Colts...don't see how anyone can stop them (although I'd love to see a Colts/Patriots rematch)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Eagles.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
More like wishful begging and pleading.

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sifu: Tonight's game should be excellent!

P

PC1

The Vikings were looking like Super Bowl champs the way they stuffed KC yesterday..... amazing how they seem to have just run out of gas?

But right now, I think the Pats will beat anyone by 3.

BTW, what the heck happened to Buffalo this year?! Another team that just ran out of gas. Utterly limp against Miami today......which also makes me think the Pats will STRUGGLE to beat them by 3 next week as well.......... in double OT, heh-heh

P

PC1

The Eagles.
I thought about you when watching the end of the game, I felt bad for you. I only caught the last 5 minutes of regulation and the OT win. When McNabb threw that touchdown pass to tie the game (with xtra point) and send it into OT, it was an incredible moment.............

............matched only by the exasperation of the interception he subsequently threw that set up the game winning field goal for SF.

You must be off drowning your sorrows right about now.

Still a great game.

Maybe next year, like a Red Sox fan once remarked.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
ill stick with my pre-season picks of titans vs rams. (NE looks tough though). My heart says Seahawks... but we losing to the niners next week im sure....
Sage

D

dito

Awards
  • Established
They have a good chance. Especially after the whooping they gave to the Colts.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
The Broncos will win it all. You can take that to the bank:D

P

PC1

The Broncos will win it all. You can take that to the bank:D
I just don't see that happening.....

Denver was beaten by the Chiefs by 1 at KC
They lost by 8 to the Vikings @ Minnesota
They lost by 20 to the Ravens ?!?!
The Pats beat them by 4 @ Denver with Portis, and the Pats had many injuries
They lost by 9 to the Bears @ Denver!

They could very easily lose to the Packers in Green Bay......

I'm not sure what there is to "take to the bank", but you appear to be a fan of great faith..... blind faith even.

Still with a VH logo as an avatar, you HAVE to be a good guy.

;)

Last edited:
P

PC1

ill stick with my pre-season picks of titans vs rams. (NE looks tough though). My heart says Seahawks... but we losing to the niners next week im sure....
Sage
The Titans, a while a strong team, have lost to the jets, pats and colts twice.

The pats made several foolish mistakes in NY last weekend on 3rd down conversions, and still put the Jets away fairly handily. Titans lost to the Jets in early December

I don't think any AFC team is going to beat the Pats in cold weather in New England..... but I guess time will tell ;)

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I definitely want the Pats to win. The Broncos look like they are starting to put things together though. The Titans look pretty good as well. No clue about the Colts or Chiefs. They look unbeatable one week and the next look horrible. The Pats should beat the Bills with means they get home field in the play offs.
The NfC looks like it's the Eagles or Rams. The Vikings looked pretty good this weekend. Who knows any thing can happen. You loose one game and you're done.
I would like to see Pats / Cowboys at the bowl. The two best coaches in the NFL.

D

dito

Awards
  • Established
I just don't see that happening.....

Denver was beaten by the Chiefs by 1 at KC
They lost by 8 to the Vikings @ Minnesota
They lost by 20 to the Ravens ?!?!
The Pats beat them by 4 @ Denver with Portis, and the Pats had many injuries
They lost by 9 to the Bears @ Denver!

They could very easily lose to the Packers in Green Bay......

The last game agains the Cheifs they destroyed them.
Ravens who knows?
Patriots got lucky on that game.
They let the bears beat them.

All in all if Shanahan quits being a pussy like he did in the Colts game. The Broncos should dominate easy. If he goes back to his old self forget it.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
The Broncos lost the first game with the Chumps due to refs not calling 2 obvious clips on Dante Halls return for a TD.

The Patriots, Vikings and Ravens losses were with our 3rd string QB, 2 second string linebackers(who are now starting to mesh really well in the defense).

The only loss that was bad was against Chicago. I don't know how to explain that one.

Good to see an appreciation for the Mighty VH;)

P

PC1

Hey, it's all for fun and pure speculation on our part anyway. In last nigh's GB-Oakland game, John Madden made the comment that the NFL was smart to create 4 divisions, thereby creating a an obscure playoff picture for teams who have several losses.

In effect, creating situations where, like in Green Bay's situation, their playoff picture is in the hands of other teams since they didn't "take care of business" during the regular season against teams like the Detroit Lions.

A great observation, and yeah, I agree it will make for an interesting playoff season. Teams like Denver or Green Bay won't enjoy a bye week to rest and recover, but if they continue their hot streak, they'll have a chance to go all the way.

I think this year will be a great playoff season to watch. And while I am a Pats fan living here in MA, I just enjoy football and watching talent unfold on the field.

Speaking of which, Brett Favre last night ............. ;)

C

csakiges

Awards
The Steelers will win it all!!! Ok, I am looking for something to hang my hat on. Cincinnati beats the Browns and the Steelers beat the Ravens on Sunday night to knock them out of the playoffs.

As for prediction, as I have always said, the Broncos can be a very scary team in the playoffs. Teams will wish they didn't make it. That is what I love about the NFL, there are legitamitely 6 teams who I think could win it. My predication, Broncos - Rams and the Rams win it all.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
The Titans, a while a strong team, have lost to the jets, pats and colts twice.

The pats made several foolish mistakes in NY last weekend on 3rd down conversions, and still put the Jets away fairly handily. Titans lost to the Jets in early December

I don't think any AFC team is going to beat the Pats in cold weather in New England..... but I guess time will tell ;)
Ill definitely give you that playing the pats at foxboro would be a challenge for anyone. I was sticking with my guns since i would be a pimp to predict the superbowl contendors from the very beginning of the season.
Packers isnt losing to denver next weekend but for the sake of my hawks, i feel pretty good that the assness that is the cardinals, will somehow end up on top of the vikings to give seattle that last playoff birth.

P

PC1

IF.... I understand the "standings" correctly, Denver has a playoff spot no matter what. And Green Bay's fate is yet to be determined. I can't see Denver beating Green Bay next week @ GB, but in any event, that SHOULD be a great game. IF Denver wins that one, I'll take their playoff bid more seriously, but that's a tall order at this point. If they lose to GB, I don't care if they're already in the playoffs, they're not going far.

I realize KC somehow is not the same team it was back in October, nonetheless, the Vikings played like Super Bowl contenders when they ran right through and over KC this past weekend. Short of divine intervention, I can't imagine the Cardinals beating them.

If that happens Sage, and your pre-season superbowl pics come to fruition, you're not just a pimp, you are God!

;)

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
New England....has the best coach and they have the best defense...They will win..

S

SUPAJAwS1

Awards
The Pats will win it this year baby!!! Nobody is going to come into Foxboro and leave a winner...itll just be too tough

S

smike319

Awards
TEXANS!!! ahhh.............wait a minute that's next years pic, yea right.
i'm gonna say the Bronco's

I

Ibanez

Awards
Packers.

I'm rooting for the Pack to beat denver and get in a wildcard spot over seattle. I was hoping the 49ers would beat seattle today, but it didn't happen which is dissappointing. I pretty sure the pack will win against Denver.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Packers.

I'm rooting for the Pack to beat denver and get in a wildcard spot over seattle. I was hoping the 49ers would beat seattle today, but it didn't happen which is dissappointing. I pretty sure the pack will win against Denver.
You suck (hehe). Seattle getting one of those wild card slots hommes. GB will win. But watch the cards beat the vikings to give Seattle the nod. Dallas will win so no chance of Seattle beating them in the strength of schedule.
Huge day tomorrow ... absolutely huge
Sage

I

Ibanez

Awards
The looks of it now...(dallas down by 3) Seems there will be a 3 way tie and GB will lose out.

I

Ibanez

Awards
Holy ****! The impossible happened! Minnesota lost to the Cardinals! The Pack is in!

S

size

Awards
  • Established
My pick for superbowl: Colts vs. Rams

However, I really think the packers can do some damage.

Pats look good, but I have to believe that they are going to stumble sooner or later. Every team has a bad game after a long string of wins.

B

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
haaaaha, go Pack go... I have no illusions about how far they may get, I'm just glad that things ended up the way they did, good end for them and an exciting as hell way for the NFC North to head into the post season. will be rooting for them first and foremost, BUT realistically will be watching the Pats, Eagles, Rams, etc... we'll see though. looks to be a great playoff series here.

P

PC1

..........................Pats look good, but I have to believe that they are going to stumble sooner or later. Every team has a bad game after a long string of wins.
True. But the thing is they have stumbled on offense, yet managed to win. We all like who we like of course ;) But what surprises me is the lack of consistency in the NFC. Patriots put up 31 points against Buffalo who supposedly had the #2 rated defense in the NFL. I think they're peaking at the right time, a week's rest and home field advantage will carry them far.

After watching Minnesota a week earlier, I was shocked the Cardinals beat them just 1 week later. But it underscores your point. No one can be dismissed in the playoffs, and the lack of consistency only means any 1 team can rise up and put a great game together.

I think it really is going to be an exciting playoff season regardless of whom we're pulling for.

R

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
Im a jets fan so im like uhh pissed, but il pick the broncs or the patriots. The only reason broncos lost most of those games is because jake plummer has had alot of injuries, did you watch them play a few weeks ago with jake? They beat Indy pretty handily without portis and just plummer. So now you have a top 10 defense with a good athletic qb with many weapons (smith, sharpe, lelie) and a top 5 running back with 2 very capable runners who can also make plays while keeping clinton fresh (griffin, anderson) and one of the top offensive lines in football and you have one scary team. I think indy is gonna get beat like the jets did to them last year (not as bad). Indy still has a poor run defense with a very weak middle, dwight freeney is an awesome DE, but he can't do it all. The patriots are a well-coached team with a decent offense that makes great use of very average talent (offensive side) they are very efficient and brady doesn't make mistakes often. Their defense is so good though, they are very hard to run or pass on and have great defense backs who can play great man coverage and Bill Bellichek is one of the greatest defensive minds ever ( I wish the jets retained him as HC ). However, all good things have to come to an end, and winning 12 games in a row I mean you have to cool off sometimes, and since I'm a new england hater il sit here and drink my haterade and predict a defeat in the AFC championship depending on who they play 2nd round im not sure who to pick yet.

P

PC1

Im a jets fan so im like uhh pissed
Next year, with good health, some good offseason trades, and a little luck, they're going to be contenders. I hope Curtis Martin can stay on top of his game. He's such a great back, athletic, explosive. If he had a more effective offensive line to work with this year, they'd have won more games.

Save the haterade for the NFC, man!

I

Ibanez

Awards
Yeah, go Pack.

I have a pretty good feeling that the cowboys will lose in the first round. In my opinion they have been heading downwards at the end of the season and will continue to fall against the panthers.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think the Rams will win it, they have too many play makers and they're motivated after their loss to the Pats 2 years ago and their 7-9 record a year ago. It's not a lock though cause N.E., Philly, and Indy scare the hell out of me.

Y

Yimen E.Cricket

Awards
  • Established
Football is about heart and soul.

This year, the heart and soul will come from brett favre and his teammates.

I do not like Greenbay and root against them under normal circumstances. But noone will match the heart and soul that they will produce this postseason.

I would like for the Colts to do it. But it wont happen this year because of too much heart and soul at Green Bay. ya dig?

P

PC1

Weather Forecast for Foxboro, Massachusetts (Gillette Stadium), Saturday January 10, 2004, 8:00 PM

High temperature 2 degrees Farenheit,
Wind chill -13 degrees Farenheit.

Welcome to Foxboro Tenessee Titans :D

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Weather Forecast for Foxboro, Massachusetts (Gillette Stadium), Saturday January 10, 2004, 8:00 PM

High temperature 2 degrees Farenheit,
Wind chill -13 degrees Farenheit.

Welcome to Foxboro Tenessee Titans :D

hehe..... bummer..... favorite two words to any New Englander..... TUCK RULE!!
Sage

P

PC1

Football is about heart and soul.

This year, the heart and soul will come from brett favre and his teammates.

I do not like Greenbay and root against them under normal circumstances. But noone will match the heart and soul that they will produce this postseason.

I would like for the Colts to do it. But it wont happen this year because of too much heart and soul at Green Bay. ya dig?
Nah, I don't dig :)

Everyone has heart in the playoffs, or they wouldn't be there.

I like Bret Favre, but I don't think he would be able to throw against the Pats secondary anywhere near like he has in his recent outings. They come from out of nowhere to swat down or intercept passes. And with Big Ted back on the line running won't be any easier.

Still it would be a great game and a great rematch I would enjoy watching.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Weather update Patriots game Saturday night kickoff temp 5 degrees 0 by games end with a 20MPH wind players will experience -20 wind chills...Can u say home field advantage..GO Pats..

P

PC1

I've listened to 2 sports analysts now who have predicted the Titans will win tomorrow. I think they're smoking crack.

The Pats will win by 2 touchdowns+

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I've listened to 2 sports analysts now who have predicted the Titans will win tomorrow. I think they're smoking crack.

The Pats could go 16-0 for 2 years straigh and still be the underdog. It's pathetic.

P

PC1

The Pats could go 16-0 for 2 years straigh and still be the underdog. It's pathetic.
SOOOOO True.

And it's nothing against the Titans because they're a very strong team. I think on any given day they could beat the Pats.

But not tomorrow in the cold, @ Foxboro, with the Pats healthy and rested, and with McNair on the gimpy side.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Agreed..!!!!!!

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
SOOOOO True.

And it's nothing against the Titans because they're a very strong team. I think on any given day they could beat the Pats.

But not tomorrow in the cold, @ Foxboro, with the Pats healthy and rested, and with McNair on the gimpy side.
1 solid hit on McNair and he will crack to pieces in this weather. I couldn't imagine taking hits outside right now.

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I can tell you it's F'n freezing here today and it's going to be colder tomorrow night. The Titans players get fined for any extra clothing they wear. The patriots are something like 14-2 in very cold weather. This makes me happy. The titans are a good team though. McNair is the Jackie Chan of foot ball. He broken everything and has still come back.

P

PC1

I can tell you it's F'n freezing here today and it's going to be colder tomorrow night. The Titans players get fined for any extra clothing they wear. The patriots are something like 14-2 in very cold weather. This makes me happy. The titans are a good team though. McNair is the Jackie Chan of foot ball. He broken everything and has still come back.
I live in Central Mass. It's 4 degrees here right now. I just went outside in sneakers, jeans and a t-shirt to help my wife bring in groceries. Uugh it's COLD!! I ran up the steps to get back inside :D

Once you're moving in the cold and generating some internal btu's, it's not so bad, even enjoyable to be doing physical labor. But that first play of a series of downs has GOT to be absolutely WICKED to both teams. You gotta feel for any fullback being asked to pound the ball up the middle on 1st and 10.

And kicking, passing and catching has GOT to be twice as difficult even when completely warmed up.

I'm sure the game is sold out, and I salute the teams and the fans for their dogged determination. But I'll DEFINITELY be enjoying this one from the warmth and comfort of my living room couch :D

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I live in Central Mass. It's 4 degrees here right now. I just went outside in sneakers, jeans and a t-shirt to help my wife bring in groceries. Uugh it's COLD!! I ran up the steps to get back inside :D

Once you're moving in the cold and generating some internal btu's, it's not so bad, even enjoyable to be doing physical labor. But that first play of a series of downs has GOT to be absolutely WICKED to both teams. You gotta feel for any fullback being asked to pound the ball up the middle on 1st and 10.

And kicking, passing and catching has GOT to be twice as difficult even when completely warmed up.

I'm sure the game is sold out, and I salute the teams and the fans for their dogged determination. But I'll DEFINITELY be enjoying this one from the warmth and comfort of my living room couch :D

Hello neighbor it's 4 degrees here in Milford Ma....Too

Y

Yimen E.Cricket

Awards
  • Established
Patsies still alive i see.

They wont get past next week though..LOL