Why do i keep failing?

rrm

Awards
I cant stick to my cutting diet!
I will follow it for like 2 or 3 days and than after that i almost get depressed
and than i go nutty on food again like my bulk.
anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to stay with my cutting diet and not keep failing....and ive tried like 5 different times with different diets :18:

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I cant stick to my cutting diet!
I will follow it for like 2 or 3 days and than after that i almost get depressed
and than i go nutty on food again like my bulk.
anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to stay with my cutting diet and not keep failing....and ive tried like 5 different times with different diets :18:

Figure out your maintenance calories, subtract 100 from that number, and eat that amount for one week. On week 2 subtract another 100 calories, week 3, etc. Before you know it you will have lost some weight.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Have a cheat day once a week, to give yourself something to look forward to.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Have a cheat day once a week, to give yourself something to look forward to.
x2.

Stims that include stuff for mood (which often times also help with cortisol, making it win/win for fat loss)

rrm

Awards
x2.

Stims that include stuff for mood (which often times also help with cortisol, making it win/win for fat loss)
what would you do for a cheat day?
also what are some good appetite control supps or stims?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
give3 us an example of you diet we can figure out where you are going wrong, make sure theres enough fat in the diet, (Slows absorbtion of food making you fuller longer, releases CCK which tells the hypothalamus your not hungry anymore)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, first is the fact that most diets don't work...meaning that they may work great in the short term, but are not sustainable. What is needed is a lifestyle change in diet, one that is maintainable and works good. That's why I am an avid fan of the Zone. You can check out the 1st link below for good links for more info, pics, and recipes. There is also a link in that thread that speaks really well on diet as a whole. Also, the 2nd link is a an article titled "You are not wired for progress". It's a good read and explains in an interesting way and from a coaches point of view why many of us need some sort of structure to help us.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recipes/114810-zone-meal-week.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/108173-you-not-wired.html

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i think u shouldn't start off a complex diet for now.. maybe you should only use CKD once you're at 11% bf and wana go down to 9% or something.

pick a simple and easy-to-follow diet and stick to it for 4 weeks or so..
even a diet such af 40-40-20... 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat.
throw a light cheat meal once a week.
Add a fat burner supplement.
Keep your calories in deficit for let's say 5 days and then keep it on a slight surplus for 2 days.

The other thing is.. you wont see results in 2 - 3 days. You'll probably see results in 3 - 4 weeks... some people see results in 2 - 3 days but hell with them and their genetics.

Diet, workout, supplements, patience

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
most people don't have concept of 'diet' anyway. imo there is no reason why you can't be satisfied food wise and still cut fat. its not the fact you eat too much...the problem is you eat too much of the wrong food. sure some genetically handle carbs, fats, ect better than others...you just need to adjust accordingly and that my friend is a mental barrier not a genetic one! the best suppressant is food itself!

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Pick a day to eat your butt off ...and be serious the rest of the days

MassBuilda123

Awards
its tough to cut but you gotta try and resist that temptation. dont give in and you can allow yourself one cheat meal a week. dont be too strict but also.. remind yourself its worth it in the end. that hard work you strive for will pay off guy

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Simple simple solution. Forget about diets for 2 weeks. eat the way you want to eat, and how feels normal to eat. Track it all here in the diet counter or in fitday, then come back with what you've got from that and we'll work out a cutting diet that will work.

MassBuilda123

Awards
Simple simple solution. Forget about diets for 2 weeks. eat the way you want to eat, and how feels normal to eat. Track it all here in the diet counter or in fitday, then come back with what you've got from that and we'll work out a cutting diet that will work.
question: can someone eat dirty and replace stims for the lack of poor diet? or would that be worthless because youll just gain the fat right back after you stop taking stimulants

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
question: can someone eat dirty and replace stims for the lack of poor diet? or would that be worthless because youll just gain the fat right back after you stop taking stimulants
you can eat dirty but still get enough nutrients and all to be ok if you do enough activity to match.

Stims outside of the really crazy stuff ie illegal really wont make that huge a difference. I would estimate that you are lucky to get more than a couple hundred cals a day difference if you stay jacked up half the day.

MassBuilda123

Awards
you can eat dirty but still get enough nutrients and all to be ok if you do enough activity to match.

Stims outside of the really crazy stuff ie illegal really wont make that huge a difference. I would estimate that you are lucky to get more than a couple hundred cals a day difference if you stay jacked up half the day.
i agree. im lucky i do dry wall then.. i'm always moving around so that's always a plus.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Like others have said, set aside one day in the week that you eat more than usual, and have a meal of whatever you want. This helps me with food cravings a lot, and is even beneficial to your body.

There are several fat loss/ appetite suppressing supplements that you could look into taking. They may even help lower your cravings.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buckle-down and suck it up. Do you want to be a fatty? Didn't think so.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Pick a day to eat your butt off ...and be serious the rest of the days
wrong. there should be a cheat meal, MEAL mind you not a cheat day......do you have any idea how much ice cream, pizza and candy i could put down in one day? well, it's a lot to be sure. there should be ONE MEAL that you have to look forward to....anyone who's ever done this knows what i'm talking about when i say..."that meal makes you appreciate crappy food", cause your not eating it mor ethan once a week. you really have to deceide what that meal will contain, remember you only have one a week. another than you can do is paste a pic of a skinny guy or a idol BB on your refridge door, it'll make you think twice about downing that pint of ben and jerry's in there.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Buckle-down and suck it up. Do you want to be a fatty? Didn't think so.
^I like this approach^

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IayHnA0cGuc"]YouTube - Full Metal Jacket - Jelly Doughnut[/ame]

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I was miserable a couple weeks into my last cut,... cardio sessions, workout, and @ work. I found my diet was too clean,( i was using stims,/appetite supps) .. so I upped my carbs to combat lethargy, and added in more cardio as a result. Cardio was 5-6 days a week,.. low intensity 4-5 miles a day, to combat muscle breakdown and in morning( on empty stomach) . Seemed to work for me.