Killzone 2

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Who owns it? Who is playing it? What are your thoughts?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'll admit, its one of the few games that interest me on ps3, but no ps3 here :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I'll admit, its one of the few games that interest me on ps3, but no ps3 here :)
I happened upon a 4GB PS3 just recently, and had to buy KZ2 as a result. In all honesty, the rendering alone is worth the PS3 price-of-admission; the game is phenomenal!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've had a 360 since launch day, and even seen on large 1080p displays I never saw a significant difference between the 2 to make it worth my while to pick up a ps3 in addition to the now 2 360s (won one in a raffle) and have to buy more games :)

Had I not had the 360, would have probably gotten a ps3, or if I bump into a crackhead selling a stolen one for $100, i'd buy it :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I've had a 360 since launch day, and even seen on large 1080p displays I never saw a significant difference between the 2 to make it worth my while to pick up a ps3 in addition to the now 2 360s (won one in a raffle) and have to buy more games :)
Having access to a 1080p and both systems, I can honestly say that PS3-exclusives are superior to 360 exclusives [in graphics]; being able to switch an HDMI and press two buttons for the comparison imparts me this vantage point! This being said, the quality divergence is non-existent within multi-platforms; and only substantial in a select few games [Killzone 2, most notably]. What is truly unbelievable about the quality of KZ2's rendering, is that it is not 1080p compatible.

Had I not had the 360, would have probably gotten a ps3, or if I bump into a crackhead selling a stolen one for $100, i'd buy it :D
I purchased the 360 on launch day as well, and never intended on purchasing a PS3. I was glad to receive this one, though!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
yeah, from what most developers have said there is a theoretical capability of better graphics on the ps3, but because of how specialized the hardware is the difficulty isn't worth it, and its not portable to other platforms either. For exclusives of course, thats not an issue :)

i'll have to keep my eye out for crackheads selling one tho :D bluray capability wouldnt be bad either, although at this point i've seen pc drives for as low as $70

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
yeah, from what most developers have said there is a theoretical capability of better graphics on the ps3, but because of how specialized the hardware is the difficulty isn't worth it, and its not portable to other platforms either. For exclusives of course, thats not an issue :)
Definitely. Essentially, it is an issue of encoding and access, as PS3's 8 processors are not dedicated to rendering, and, ostensibly, can only handle coding in 265kb [yes, kb] fragments.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CDB Training Forum 0