need advice being cursed at

tommytom

Awards
so last week this guy starts out of nowhere cursing at me not once but several times. I ask him what is wrong and he starts talking more trash. (I never said a word to him for years before this). I then tell him that if there is this guy would just start cursing as I am much bigger than him althouth I am not that bib . Then he tells me he is mad b/c I gave him a bad spot and it caused him to hurt his shoulder. This guy has unbalanced form. I tell him he had specific instructions for how he wanted his spot and I did my best and I am not a professional spotter. He then says he understands, he will let it go and he shakes my hand by offering his hand first.

Do you think I should tell gym management about this or just let it slide. I see this guy often as we both work out at the same time and I feel annoyed about being cursed at several times. He says I walked away at the end of the spot before he was done that was why he was mad. The last time I spotted this guy was 3 years ago and had not talked to him in 2 years. I know this sounds crazy but it is true.

I am glad I did not do anything stupid like punch him as I have kids at home
and need to act responsibly.

I am annoyed by this. If I did not see this guy often it would not be that annoying but we work out at the same time.

My guess is this guy threw a fit and this will never happen again. Should I tell the gym manager about this or should I just move on as it is over. I could have got in a fight with the guy but to have the cops come is not worth it for me.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You acted in the proper form, in my opinion but since you've accepted his apology I would just let it end there. Some people have bad days and sometimes quick tempers but he apologised and shook your hand. I wouldn't risk his gym membership there unless it's a continued issue.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
some people are just crazy man, that is just too insane. I would have laughed, all the way home. LOL.

tommytom

Awards
thanks guys for the replies. I really appreciate it. Hopefully this will never happen again. Makes one wonder is it worth spotting people.

thapr3dat0r

Awards
Wow, its amazing how some people can just act like a child throwing a temper tantrum. But just out of nowhere? :crackhead:

I agree w/ PR. I would have started laughing in his face. Probably would have just exacerbated the problem though.

You did the right thing, though. Kept your cool, accepted his apology and just moved on.

But that's still gotta be awkward at the gym.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
just tell him to shut the **** up. if he asks you for a spot again, say **** no cause you have terrible form and are a danger to me.