SUBLIME!!!!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok guys now for all of you who ARE fans of sublime, even though brad nowell passed away in 1996, bud and eric found a new guitarist to play with. He freaking good to. his name is ROME, they played a show in reno last night, and o my suprise sound very very good and similar. now supposedly the name will stay as sublime however, i personally think it should change.

check it out
The Pier - Reggae, Hip-Hop, Rock Source

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
While I am sure they would sound good, they should drop the name. Sublime without Brad is like the Misfits without Glenn Danzig, or the DKs without Jello Biafra (my two favorite bands, both who attempted comebacks w/a different singer)...

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree. They should just change the name. And play good music.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
Yup, they should change the name. If you like sublime you should check out slightly stoopid as they have a very similar sound.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yup, they should change the name. If you like sublime you should check out slightly stoopid as they have a very similar sound.
ahhh
slightly stoopid
pepper
red light runners

those would be the top to listen too.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
ahhh
slightly stoopid
pepper
red light runners

those would be the top to listen too.
Agreed they should not use the name. As stated above about the Misfits and the DK's, it's just not really Sublime w/o Brad. Like the Doors w/ no Morrison, and we certainly don't want them to become like Lynyrd Skynyrd (RIP Ronnie).

I definetely dig Slightly stoopid and Pepper. Haven't heard Red Light Runners. Will definetely check them out!

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
While I am sure they would sound good, they should drop the name. Sublime without Brad is like the Misfits without Glenn Danzig, or the DKs without Jello Biafra (my two favorite bands, both who attempted comebacks w/a different singer)...
I'm really torn...

On one hand I think it's wrong to call it something it's not as Brad was too central to the song writing and overall sound. I also have the same issues with the Misfits and DKs - it was never as good.

Then again, I feel bad for Bud and Eric.

There are many bands that are "Sublime Cover/Tribute Bands" that do so well, they can play professionally as musicians. Meaning they make a very comfortable living touring and playing covers. It seems wrong that two of the actual members of Sublime, can't at least pay their bills from the success that their OWN band actually had, rather than some third party.

I say good luck...

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Slightly Stoopid is in my town this weekend but I'll be out at the Arnold.
I hope "Sublime" tours around a bit, I would love to see them no matter what name they go with. I am a Sublime fanatic so this is all pretty exciting news for me.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Slightly Stoopid is in my town this weekend but I'll be out at the Arnold.
I hope "Sublime" tours around a bit, I would love to see them no matter what name they go with. I am a Sublime fanatic so this is all pretty exciting news for me.
yea i wanna see them as well it would be sweet to see pepper slightly stoopid and "sublime" all play together, with no doubt. that would be something you cant forget.

im hoping it all workouts, rome is pretty damn good, he played saw red acoustic and sounded great.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I used to be a HOOGE SUblime fan...They actually sounded really good with Rome...I'd love to see them live...

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Bradley was so talented and has such great music-making abilities. But by keeping the name, they also keep the well-deserved recognition, so I see why they would want to do that. It worked out well for Faith No More. BTW, Sublime's (W/Brad) cover of the Hong Kong Phooey theme is RAD to the power of SICK!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bradley was so talented and has such great music-making abilities. But by keeping the name, they also keep the well-deserved recognition, so I see why they would want to do that. It worked out well for Faith No More. BTW, Sublime's (W/Brad) cover of the Hong Kong Phooey theme is RAD to the power of SICK!
lo0ve that ****ing song holy **** . that was a great song, i wish i still had it on my comp .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 0
sublimejeh Supplement Logs 165
sublimejeh Supplement Logs 55