Men's Fraternity: The Quest for Authentic Manhood

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Men's Fraternity: The Quest for Authentic Manhood

The Quest for Authentic Manhood is the foundational level or ground floor of manhood. This 24-session study focuses on a man's core identity and gives an overview of basic manhood issues. It will help men deal with various identity issues by looking back at past wounds and other things that may have distorted their idea of biblical masculinity. Throughout the course of the study, men will learn how to clearly define manhood and will finally be able to give a succinct and passionate answer to the questions, "What is a man?" and "What am I living to be?" This captivating journey helps men:

* Resolve wounds from their past
    * Embrace a biblical definition of manhood
    * Develop their own personal manhood plan

Chapter Titles:

1. At the Starting Line: Five Manhood Promises - posted - 02-18-2009
    2. The Four Faces of Manhood - posted - 02-25-2009
    3. The First Step to Authentic Manhood: Looking Back - 03-04-2009
    4. The Second Step to Authentic Manhood: "Unpacking" - 03-12-2009
    5. Remembering Dad
    6. Facing the Father Wound
    7. The Overly-Bonded with Mother Wound
    8. Making a Healthy Break with Mom
    9. The All Alone Wound
    10. Three Cheers for Mentors!
    11. The Wounded Heart
    12. Implications of the Heart Wound
    13. The Good News Solution to the Heart Wound
    14. "Saddle Up!" for the Second Half
    15. Genesis and Manhood
    16. Genesis and Manhood, Part 2
    17. A Biblical Definition of Manhood
    18. A Biblical Definition of Manhood, Part 2
    19. A Man and His Wife
    20. A Man and His Wife, Part 2
    21. 25 Practical Ways to be a Servant Leader
    22. Fathers and Sons
    23. Fathers and Daughters
    24. A Man and His Life Journey

2. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

I have opened up the Men's Fraternity Social Group to the public to join. I have also generated a discussion (linked above) for this first session.

Read the lecture transcripts and view the PowerPoint presentations. As I mentioned in other discussion it is a challenge to get the flow of things without the video lecture. I find that after reading the transcripts complete it makes the PowerPoint presentation more effective at making the emphasis of the bullet points as it was intended.

I will post "Questions For Group Discussion" as an opening post for each discussion in the Men's Fraternity Social Group.

I will post up new transcripts and PowerPoint presentations weekly, likely on Wednesdays.

Feel free to begin discussion as you feel the need in the appropriate session discussion. Give yourself some time to read the material and get a grasp of it and share as you wish.

Doing this cyber will be a challenge but I believe if you make an effort you can gain something. At the very least the transcripts are enlightening.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You have my support B. I have downloaded the Presentation, and the word document. Once I am finished, I will get back to you. I will also ba able to better respond to the questions from the first lesson. Thanks for presenting the opportunity for us to grow as men.
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    You have my support B. I have downloaded the Presentation, and the word document. Once I am finished, I will get back to you. I will also ba able to better respond to the questions from the first lesson. Thanks for presenting the opportunity for us to grow as men.
    Very good.

I will be posting a new session (Word and PowerPoint) here on the board every Wednesday. I will include a link to that sessions Social Group Discussion which will have it's own discussion questions.

Thanks for the support and participation.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks for posting the second session B. As soon as I am thru reading the document, I will post my responses to the questions in the lesson.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

very cool.. will download and checkout the docs
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  7. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Thanks for posting the second session B. As soon as I am thru reading the document, I will post my responses to the questions in the lesson.
    I am very grateful for your faithfulness. It is my prayer that this study material can be as restorative, affirming and empowering as it has been for me and my "Quest for Authentic Manhood" in my role as a son, a husband and a father.

Keep it up - it does really get to be powerful stuff.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.89%

I would like to be in B5150........
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I just read the first two installments. I am in. These concepts reminds me very much of those in "Tender Warrior", "No More Christian Nice Guy" and "Wild at Heart"; all great books.

I'm in.
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

not particularly related, have you seen Fireproof B?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  11. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Welcome guys.

Easy - yes I have seen Fireproof. We did the "Fireproof Your Marriage" study as a small group at my church.
  12. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

We bought the book, started it, but never finished. keep meaning to watch the movie as well, but still haven't done that either :P
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.89%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    We bought the book, started it, but never finished. keep meaning to watch the movie as well, but still haven't done that either :P
    Hey bro, it is a really good book. Hopefully you will be inspired, just like I was. Get back to us when you have read\seen the movie.
  14. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

We went to the 6 weeks study. I'll be the first to admit that although we made time for the study, which was a video sample and group discussion, we were lacking in the area of the home/couple study portion.

Life and family responsibilities have made the intentional investment of quality time to nurture and strengthen our marriages such a difficult thing.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that we've learned how to make time for "quickies" around work, and kids, and homework and bed time - it's become a substitute for true intimacy and companionship.

I may be speaking for myself, but it's likely that you may appreciate the sentiment.
  15. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%

Picture that we currently have our 3rd child at 10 months old, plus the 12 year old and 4 year old. Its all quickies
    This space for rent

16. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Oh I know you do. I knew you would appreciate it. My point was that I think we are all in the position that we lower the standard because of circumstances and responsibilities and after time we allow it to become the new standard.

I often have to fight to get a date night with my own wife. I finally employed my daughter to babysit herself. She is a very mature and responsible 7yo. We give her a DVD or PPV and a bag of her favorite popcorn and a box of Dibs. We tell her the whole house is hers - except the bedroom - from 7:00-9:00. She loves it. She thinks of it as HER night and reminds us that it's date night.

The challenge is to stay in that room AFTER the sex is over. We are so conditioned to "clean up" get a snack and move on to other stuff that it is often times funny to see how routine and habitual our marriage and relationship has become.

Hire your 12yo for date night.
  17. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%

luckily we have grandma + grandpa not too far off, and other grandma comes to town fairly often. Comically when we get a chance we use the time to go out and do something like a nice dinner instead Or shoot pool for a few hours. Friday nite this week was a sushi place and then a thai place for 2nd dessert on the way home...

Its comical, I generally blame it all on women fighting for the right to work they increased the supply of workers, but that didn't suddenly increase demand. So effectively it cut wages in half, forcing women to have to work for families to maintain the same standard of living they had before. What a drag for sure.
    This space for rent

18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.96%

not particularly related, have you seen Fireproof B?

Fire Proof is and Excellent movie. If your marriage or your relatioship is on the ropes watch it with your spouse. This is an eye opener for anyone with a pulse and want to better their relationship. Definately helped my wife and I to able to identify some things.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.72%

This reminds me of SWET=spiritual warfare effectiveness training! Good stuff B!!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  20. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.89%

Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    just bought this book yesterday actually.. weird. Was on sale for $8 at a local christian bookstore

8 dollars is not bad at all! I would like to imply The Dare book to my marriage, but we are still newlyweds, were still on cloud 9. Don't know if it would have the same affect.....
  21. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%

I think it still has value, as part of doing it is interactive, and writing things. so it will give you something to look back on later
    This space for rent

22. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by manny1010 View Post
    8 dollars is not bad at all! I would like to imply The Dare book to my marriage, but we are still newlyweds, were still on cloud 9. Don't know if it would have the same affect.....
    Additionally, when you land from your visit on cloud 9, you're going to need some skills...just for the jet lag

These are basic Godly/Biblical relationship principles and skills that we can apply to our marriages whether your are newlyweds or seniors.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.37%

Quote Originally Posted by manny1010 View Post
    I'm not even married yet and me and my fiance are reading it.. never hurts to arm yourself for the future.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.96%

Ok tell the truth, those of you who has seen the movie Fire Proof. Would you stay after the candle light dinner. Talk back to me fellas.
  25. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

The take home message is that in order to be Godly husbands we are to reflect Christ in our actions and our intentions and our motives.

Ephesians 5:23
    For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

Ephesians 5:25
    Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hey B, I really want to respond to the questions, but the 1000 word limit puts a real damper on my responses. I had to cut out some of my last responses, (hated that, had some important things to say)Actually I think I may have to respond in sections. I will see how that works.
  27. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Hey B, I really want to respond to the questions, but the 1000 word limit puts a real damper on my responses. I had to cut out some of my last responses, (hated that, had some important things to say)Actually I think I may have to respond in sections. I will see how that works.
    Wow! 1000 word? I have thousands of words but am always challenged to get them into text. I'm an inspirational responder that usually comes in waves.

I imagine I would really enjoy doing this group with you in person. Some guys are pretty superficial when it come to these sort of things. I prefer to "go deep".

If you need to, use as many posts as you wish. It's there for you to use - have at it man!
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yeah, thanks for that, that is what I did. Reading that Looking Back document, I felt like I was reading about me; it was so deja vu. Almost brought me to tears, so many bad memories came to light (had to throw on my warrior face to keep it together). I will say this, this class has really opened my mind and heart to a whole new spectrum of this thing called manhood. Thank you for opening this threat and group.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.96%

B, I totally understand that and as a matter fact my wife and I could have played the main role in this movie. What I was wondering is how some of us handled the candle light dinner situation. As far us as Husbands goes, most of the situations that happen in our homes falls and reflects on the Husband. Since we are appointed by God to be the leaders of our home. Now I know that women basically run the house and or anything else they can think of. But in reality managing our house is our responsibility. In a lot of instances we (self included) sit back and let the wife run it just so that we can live in peace. Tell me what you fellas think.
  30. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

I believe and scripture supports the functional roles of provider, protector and caretaker, nurturer.

By design we were created man and women and in the very nature of our creation there are distinct roles that there is no substitute or surrogate for.

"An excellent wife, who can find? Her worth is far above jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and bless her; her husband also, and he praises her, saying, “Many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all.”"
    Proverbs 31:10-12, 27-29

In Chapters 19 and 20 the study get deep into these roles in Biblical application.
  31. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

It's my pleasure.
  32. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.81%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    It's my pleasure.
    I am very gald you are doing this. I sent an excerpt to someone who is struggling with an Overly Bonded with Mother Wound.

The timing was perfect.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.02%

Subbed, thanks B!
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.72%

Yeah, I've said it before,.. but this thread is what it's all about. So many people have the wrong perception of what it takes to be a man,.. a real man. This here, is the answer!!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

This is a very interesting thing, when I get time to read it all it looks promising. I know your Wise guy B, and this looks like it could help people. As much as I have grown, my past still hold a couple knifes in my back and a few thorns in my side. Then again I have accepted that they will never go away unless I kill a man....
  36. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Here is Your Manhood Plan material.

It was mentioned in Session 3: The First Step to Authentic Manhood: Looking Back

Here is the link to Your Manhood Plan Social Group Discussion
    Attached Files Attached Files
  37. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
  38. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
  39. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Discontinued!

Due to the lack of participation I will no longer facilitate the Men's Fraternity Social Group.

Thanks.
  40. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Biblical Definition of Manhood

Transcripts 17 and 18

Similar Forum Threads

1. Which to believe? Quest Ultra E2 or Standard Quest E2?
    By pcgizzmo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
  2. bulk stanozol - authentic or not?
    By rokr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 09:22 AM
  3. Men's Fraternity
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 12:18 PM