where to buy cell phones cheap with no contract unlocked?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
title says it all. I broke my cell and am looking to buy a new phone fairly priced that requires no contract. I know I can get it off t-mobile but its expensive and i am trying to avoid some costs.

thanks guys

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
fo sho bro, easy to get and pretty cheap dependin on what you want

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
We have a company here in Philly called Metropcs,.. 40 bucks a month for everything,,. you just gotta but the phone!!!

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
^^^ EBAy. Speaking of unlocked phones, anyone tried using an unlocked Iphone with sprint?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
you can't, different communication protocols. Sprint uses PCS, the iphone is set up for GSM. no sim cards in sprint phones.
i know you can wire in false sims so i am sure there is a way to reverse it as well.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
oh oh, what did I start now, lol? Hey the last thing I want to do is try to be a communications engineer trying to rig an Iphone to use pcs technology, haha. I guess I will wait until someone has actually done it successfully, (without having to "rewire" it), then I will get one. For now, mogul is it.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Just double checked, you cannot use an IPhone on Sprint. Like Easyj said, two different types of networks. It would be like trying to install an application with an .exe extension on a mac; Mac uses .dmg.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but you can use the iphone on tmobile or alltel :)

I'm on sprint, have a touch pro. pretty nice

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
you can also try looking up craiglist for used phones besides ebay

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Iphone requires 3G network now, and besides you couldnt use some of the internet features on there. There is an encoding AT&T sends out on their network once the phone "handshakes" to the server.