doxycycline monohydrate for 21 days?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A brief history: Had a inflammation of the left testicle that got very painful and very swollen over the course of just a few days. Finally went to the ER cause the doc said I should go if i couldn't make it in by the next day. For a few weeks. maybe even a little over a month I had been getting a hernia like pain but it was minor and I shrugged it off and just lifted carefully.

Anyways...

I go in and they ask the usual questions: Discharge, burning pee? How many sexual partners? male or female?History of kidney stones? Where else does the pain hurt?

They check blood and urine and nothing of immediate concern and do an Ultrasound. They say I have a bacteria and never mention an STD and just said it was hard to get rid of and gave me vicodin and bed rest for 5 days and put me on 21 days of doxycycline monohydrate@ 2 pills/day. No calls or information on which bacteria I had. Nothing mentioned about an STD or how the hell I would of got this infection or anything. When I left the ER I was so high on percocet that i didn't think of these questions. I'm going tomorrow to ask personally but it's driving me crazy because I can't find anything online about rxing this stuff for 21 days.

Anyone have a clue?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If urine came back clean for no urinary tract infections it looks like the most common treatment its used for is chlamydia?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Clap on...clap off....

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I take one pill when I'm sick as a dog. I get about 50-70% alleviation of symptoms and my immune system can take care of the rest on its own. Otherwise, I risk being miserable for days, which is not acceptable. I have the 100mg pills.

The instructions say to take 3 ED for 10 days for syphilis. I believe it is that strong. I don't want to scare you, but you may have to do it for 21 days for a reason.

Make sure you follow up with a probiotic because you will have very little intestinal flora left after a few days of use.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I believe I would be calling my dr right now to find out what I was on it for. If it is an STD someone else needs to be treated as well. If it is not I would want to know what is wrong that 21 days are necessary. There were no dosing for over 10 days that I saw.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make sure you take with food; otherwise, your gall bladder will go schizo and you'll uncontrollably vomit bile for an hour or so. I mean, unless you're into that kinda stuff. I made that mistake once in my life.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Make sure you take with food; otherwise, your gall bladder will go schizo and you'll uncontrollably vomit bile for an hour or so. I mean, unless you're into that kinda stuff. I made that mistake once in my life.

Ahhh lovely!

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
I was on Doxycycline when I had Lyme disease last year, and it KILLED my appetite...... for what it's worth.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe I would be calling my dr right now to find out what I was on it for. If it is an STD someone else needs to be treated as well. If it is not I would want to know what is wrong that 21 days are necessary. There were no dosing for over 10 days that I saw.

Cyclines are protein synthesis inhibitors. Think of it like birth control, but for bacteria. If for some reason everyone in Ohio became infertile, how long would it take before this was a dead state (assuming no one new moves in)? Now what if everyone in America became unable to reproduce, it would take a longer time before the whole country became dead (assuming no one new moves in). The duration of the treatment, I would imagine, would be proportional to the size of the infection.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If for some reason everyone in Ohio became infertile, how long would it take before this was a dead state (assuming no one new moves in)? Now what if everyone in America became unable to reproduce, it would take a longer time before the whole country became dead (assuming no one new moves in). The duration of the treatment, I would imagine, would be proportional to the size of the infection.
Ahh...we can only dream.

"GO BUCKE" >BLAM<

One down....

SadMac

Awards
bro be carfull with doxycycline. i had the exact same thing go wrong with me a few years back i meen the same thing and they gave me doxycycline and i was back in the hospital because i had paralizing stomach pains. it sucked large quantities of balls. they eventually gave me Zithro but i will never take doxycycline ever even if my life depended on it. have them give your something else. doxycycline is supposed to be really strong

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you make it into a transdermal?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well here's for great news! I decided to go ahead and find out today since the ER is close by. It seems they did not culture the urine and i've been on this stuff since last Thursday and they said the chance of being able to find anything testable at this point is little to none. She told me what I already knew. It was orchitis and epidimitis(sp). I asked her i wanted to know the cause and she says "Do you have access to google?" I told her I did and that's why i'm back here. It seems I can be infected with a dozen damn things and i can not find any rx for this dosing protocol. She told me the increased duraction was due to the inflammation.

Now here's the real issue: My GF since Early November, who I have only had protected sex with, should know if this is an STD. However, at this point she's just(as I am) under the impression it's a non std type of infection. This is a conversation I thought I would never have. 33 years and no std... It's possible my gf of ten months prior to this one gave it to me and it's also possible I gave it to this one although chances are much reduced. It's also possible I got whatever the **** I had from my current gf as well. I don't know how to have this conversation with her. I guess the safest thing is to have her tested to see if she has anything and go from there.

Good freaking God, things never are easy.

SadMac

Awards
JayHawk they told me the same thing orchitis and epidimitis... They were wrong. if you did indeed have orchitis and epidimitis you would not be able to walk. I think you have a quack doctor just like I did when it happened to me. So what did I do to fix the issue you say> Well i will tell you. Emergency Room.. GP doctors are retarted. At the time i have a mono relationship going on 4 years. My girl had no yeast infections and UTI no nothing but still I got "orchitis and epidimitis" Bull ****... Now for what I "you" actually have I dont know. After the Z pack they gave me i have zero pain with in 2 days. It seems like i go my whole life with phantom pains that no doctor can diagnose so lets hope your not the same way cause it sucks. IMHO shoot yuor doctor in the ear with a potato gun and go to ER for a night. bring your girl so she can rub you off one in the rest room while you wait... OR OR I just thought of this too. it could be retro grade ejaculation. Thats when the semen shoots backwards instead of out and believe me that **** sucks. Thats what made me go to doctors to begin with. I had horrable pain after sex but again NO STD

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find Doxycycline monohydrate makes me bloat....has anyone used doxycycline ethyl ester?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I heard DCEE there was a study presented at the 4th annual ISSN conference that showed it converted to doxycylinine at a faster rate than even DC mono.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I heard DCEE there was a study presented at the 4th annual ISSN conference that showed it converted to doxycylinine at a faster rate than even DC mono.
Wow...faster than Doxycycline Serum?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well here's for great news! I decided to go ahead and find out today since the ER is close by. It seems they did not culture the urine and i've been on this stuff since last Thursday and they said the chance of being able to find anything testable at this point is little to none. She told me what I already knew. It was orchitis and epidimitis(sp). I asked her i wanted to know the cause and she says "Do you have access to google?" I told her I did and that's why i'm back here. It seems I can be infected with a dozen damn things and i can not find any rx for this dosing protocol. She told me the increased duraction was due to the inflammation.

Now here's the real issue: My GF since Early November, who I have only had protected sex with, should know if this is an STD. However, at this point she's just(as I am) under the impression it's a non std type of infection. This is a conversation I thought I would never have. 33 years and no std... It's possible my gf of ten months prior to this one gave it to me and it's also possible I gave it to this one although chances are much reduced. It's also possible I got whatever the **** I had from my current gf as well. I don't know how to have this conversation with her. I guess the safest thing is to have her tested to see if she has anything and go from there.

Good freaking God, things never are easy.
She actually said, "do you have google"? What a bitch.

Your insurance company and you aren't co-paying her your right nut just for her to tell you to google what's wrong with your left nut, nor is the internet considered a reliable source for important information, as such to make a medical diagnosis.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow...faster than Doxycycline Serum?
Yeah.

Personally, I'm all about the doxycycline magnesium chelate or the ever-amazing doxycycline minocyclinate.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah.

Personally, I'm all about the doxycycline magnesium chelate or the ever-amazing doxycycline minocyclinate.
Does this help replenish STD levels more quickly?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a D donor.

STD's get used up, lose a D group, and become SDD's. Doxyclycline gets stored as Doxycline D, which can donate a D group, turning SDD back into STD.

It's a beautiful thing.

When you mix that with some neurosyphilis, **** gets crazy.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a D donor.

STD's get used up, lose a D group, and become SDD's. Doxyclycline gets stored as Doxycline D, which can donate a D group, turning SDD back into STD.

It's a beautiful thing.

When you mix that with some neurosyphilis, **** gets crazy.
Do you need to combine it with D-ickstrose?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I heard that it helps a little bit. Makes you swell a little more.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can tell you a few things based on what you've said, jay. The worst case scenario would have been a testicular torsion (which is a medical emergency), but the ultrasound is what ruled that out. That is a very good thing.

Epididymitis/Orchitis is fairly common in young guys. It's often the result of not voiding (taking a piss) before/after intercourse. Bacteria contained in the urinary tract can back-flow and inflame the epididymis, and even the testicle at times. A common course of antibiotics is usually cipro. I honestly have no idea why they prescribed (vibramycin) doxycycline for 21 days unless they strongly suspected STD origin (mainly Gonorrhea/Chlamydia) based on your examination, symptoms, and diagnostic test results. Don't get me wrong though, doxycycline is a good drug. It's the length of the regimen that i question, unless they have something to support it.

Any urinalysis that tests abnormal in preliminary qualitative testing warrants a microbiology report differential of the results. This mainly looks at the specific and quantitative presence of leukocytes/Nitrites (indicating uro-based infection), blood, glucose, protein, or bilirubin. Any urine that indicates presence of infection is automatically sent for culture to determine origin. Why they did not do this is beyond me, and they must have been a bunch of dolts. They are right though.....if antibiotics have already been taken obtaining a culture is pretty much pointless, but that shouldn't have been the case to begin with.

General testing for STD's isn't going to take place in the E.R. anyway. If discharge and specific symptoms are present at the time of examination, they will send a sample off for eval of GC/Chlamydia for eval and will call if any results return positive, or there is a need to change the initial course of antibiotics. Anything outside that, you'd have to set up through your primary doctor or the health dept. for testing. Follow up with results is required with STD's which is why the E.R. won't randomly test for disease states. (HIV in particular)

I swear i see quite a few people every year that are the victim of "honeymooners syndrome." The guy typically presents with epididymitis, and the girl with a UTI. It's called a whole lot of gettin' it on. ;)

They should have given your a referral (most likely urology), so if symptoms don't resolve, i'd get it for further testing. If you've been using protection with intercourse, i really think it's along the lines of what i initially stated. Chlamydia/Gonorrhea isn't going to show up 10 months later without a fairly recent occurance of potential innoculation.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do have an urology referral and the appt is for next week. I spoke with my GF and she's gonna get tested and took it surprisingly well. Of course this is prior to it being something horrible... Thanks Trauma what you're saying is probably hte case and sounds like the issue.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do have an urology referral and the appt is for next week. I spoke with my GF and she's gonna get tested and took it surprisingly well. Of course this is prior to it being something horrible... Thanks Trauma what you're saying is probably hte case and sounds like the issue.
I'm fairly confident it is jay based on what you've said. Hope all returns to well soon, buddy. ;)

getsum27

getsum27

Awards
I had the exact same thing happen to me just a few months ago days before I had to go through an intense training/vetting class(very physical) dude my ball, just one, got up to the the size of a tangerine. anyway, it was orchitis. i went to the doc, but there can be so many causes for it, from std's to just bacteria getting in there. anyway i banged my girl in the "culo" a few days before, so i'm sure i just got some poo particles up there. i tried natty stuff to help it first, and through that i learned of stuff that made me blow super loads like never before. pygeum my friends!! buy some...i dare you!

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I had the exact same thing happen to me just a few months ago days before I had to go through an intense training/vetting class(very physical) dude my ball, just one, got up to the the size of a tangerine. anyway, it was orchitis. i went to the doc, but there can be so many causes for it, from std's to just bacteria getting in there. anyway i banged my girl in the "culo" a few days before, so i'm sure i just got some poo particles up there. i tried natty stuff to help it first, and through that i learned of stuff that made me blow super loads like never before. pygeum my friends!! buy some...i dare you!
Best. Post. Ever.

getsum27

getsum27

Awards
Hey thanks man! I feel honored.....my testicle has recovered 100% by the way in case anyone was concerned. Let everyone know please.