Xbox Live...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.09%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Xbox Live...

anybody here play?

I have never been a gamer and havent had a game system since nintendo, I had a playstation but never played it.. so about 3 months ago I got a xbox and last month got xbox live and must say I think I am addicted.. I find myself playin gears of war2 and call of duty all the time now..

looking to see if anyone here plays aswell?
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Yeap. I pretty much only play call of duty modern warfare. I love that game!!!!! Its great after im done working out and just fill like chillin and eating. I wa never much of a tv man. :P BUt yeah if you never played that game. Get it! Mucho Mucho fun!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.58%

I just play Halo 3 sometime and use it to download songs for Rockband 2
    •   

4. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.09%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

my call of duty is world at war.. it is rented so maybe when I bring it back I will get modern warfare..im not a huge fan of first person views though.. I like over the shoulder ALOT better, Gears is my favorite now..
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    my call of duty is world at war.. it is rented so maybe when I bring it back I will get modern warfare..im not a huge fan of first person views though.. I like over the shoulder ALOT better, Gears is my favorite now..
    Yeah havent played GOW though i know i owuld enjot it though. But i love how modern warfare is so realistic! plus online theres always something new to do and it never gets old.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.48%

I've got a 360 but dont play online

Not a lot of time recently. If I do play then its COD4/COD:WaW on PC tho. I cant play FPS on consoles. Need a mouse.

Tho I hear xbox-live is sweet and sony/nintendo cant offer anything close. This generation of console wars goes to Microsoft. (oh man I fear a nerd fight coming if anyone objects to this!)
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.96%

Quote Originally Posted by soseg View Post
    I've got a 360 but dont play online

Not a lot of time recently. If I do play then its COD4/COD:WaW on PC tho. I cant play FPS on consoles. Need a mouse.

Tho I hear xbox-live is sweet and sony/nintendo cant offer anything close. This generation of console wars goes to Microsoft. (oh man I fear a nerd fight coming if anyone objects to this!)
    One consideration is xbox live cost money and playstation online is free. I heard the same thing though.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.48%

Quote Originally Posted by jon671 View Post
    One consideration is xbox live cost money and playstation online is free. I heard the same thing though.
    Its what, 50-100 dollars a year? thats ridiculously cheap.
    Either way no competition. I'll leave it at that!
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.27%

i play COD4 on xbox live everyday. headquarters or HCTD. 1:1 ratio, always running and gunning.

gamertag: dirtydeweyjr

clan: [YCS] i'm old school, Your Clan Sucks
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

The "Red Ring Of Death" fell on my xbox 360 right before christmas, but it's being shipped back to me as we speak after being fixed.

I think xbox live is leaps and bounds better than PS3's online community set-up, imo. I love my PS3 as well as it's a fantastic system in different ways, but xbox wins the online battle.

I love some COD4 on xbox live!

My gamertag on xbox is: Trauma 1

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

11. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.94%

Quote Originally Posted by jon671 View Post
    $50 a year is nothing lol. I like the over the shoulder views as well, but I mainly play RPG/Action Strategy games. Fallout 3 was pretty fun. I am a big Bethesda Softworks fan though. I have the Orange Box and was thinking about getting Live so I could play TF2 with the guys I work with.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    $50 a year is nothing lol. I like the over the shoulder views as well, but I mainly play RPG/Action Strategy games. Fallout 3 was pretty fun. I am a big Bethesda Softworks fan though. I have the Orange Box and was thinking about getting Live so I could play TF2 with the guys I work with.
    I agree, it's not much for what you get with xbox live. They did a great job with their online set-up.

Legendary

13. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.94%

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I agree, it's not much for what you get with xbox live. They did a great job with their online set-up.
    The interface is nice, it actually works, and you get all kinds of free content etc... PS3's interface is far inferior and should in fact, be free.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.49%

The interface is nice, it actually works, and you get all kinds of free content etc... PS3's interface is far inferior and should in fact, be free.
    Agreed, yet people still b*tch they have to pay $50.00/year to use it.

Legendary

15. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.09%

so whats everyones gamer tags? mine is: BJJ Josh,

I have a blockbuster rental account so I am about to return call of suty and rent something else, what is a good online game? I like over the shoulder views, strategy, story line games I see up top fallout 3 and orange box were mentioned, I never played them are they worth renting??

Was thinking about the saints row 2 (part 1 was fun) or left for dead.. any suggestions?

Maybe we can get some AM gaming going on
  16. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.94%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    so whats everyones gamer tags? mine is: BJJ Josh,

I have a blockbuster rental account so I am about to return call of suty and rent something else, what is a good online game? I like over the shoulder views, strategy, story line games I see up top fallout 3 and orange box were mentioned, I never played them are they worth renting??

Was thinking about the saints row 2 (part 1 was fun) or left for dead.. any suggestions?

Maybe we can get some AM gaming going on
    I still have a Silver Membership, but will renew my yearly this weekend. I will keep an eye out for you. I am not sure if Fallout 3 is an online game or not. Co-op maybe?
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.87%

dont have live but i play alot. currently all i have is Halo 3, Turok, and Call of Duty: World At War. right now i have all the achievements for COD except deathcards, and all for Halo 3, except 1 skull and 10 head shots.
  18. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.83%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

If it has a Co-op mode online i have played it(no joke) right now i am currently doing most of my dueling on Left 4 Dead, GOW2, and COD

My xbox has been at home this first week of school but i should have it and my new Vizio set up tonite
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  19. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%

i used to be so into games,

But now i usually only play GOW (and call of duty modern warfare was great too.)

COD world at war suck mucho. stop making world war 2 games, i didnt like them when they first came out.

im pretty f----- good at GOW

gamertag:Marsvoltatripre
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Im on.......alot. Being stuck in boring ass North Carolina

gt: thaOrleanyte

Gears of War 2 is the real ****....... i accept any challenge
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe
  21. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.94%

Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    i used to be so into games,

But now i usually only play GOW (and call of duty modern warfare was great too.)

COD world at war suck mucho. stop making world war 2 games, i didnt like them when they first came out.

im pretty f----- good at GOW

gamertag:Marsvoltatripre
    A Civil War game with muskets and **** would be BADASS! I would buy it...
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%

Did you play Fable 2. That game was fun, becuase it was so easy. You cant die in the game.

I used to play some rpg's but they get boring after a while,collect,collect,collect.

Fable2 is actually the only rpg i finished.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I play. I have just about every game out that is worthwhile(GOW2, L4d,COD4, CodWAW,Endwar,Rainbow Six:Vegas 2, so on, so on) I would recommend Left 4 dead to anyone, that game is amazing fun, and overly addictive.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.58%

The "Red Ring Of Death" fell on my xbox 360 right before christmas, but it's being shipped back to me as we speak after being fixed.

I think xbox live is leaps and bounds better than PS3's online community set-up, imo. I love my PS3 as well as it's a fantastic system in different ways, but xbox wins the online battle.

I love some COD4 on xbox live!

My gamertag on xbox is: Trauma 1
    lol thats good money. People sell their broken Xbox's, I send it back to Microsoft, I get a new one that works, mod it, sell it. Make $$$$
  25. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.94%

Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    Did you play Fable 2. That game was fun, becuase it was so easy. You cant die in the game.

I used to play some rpg's but they get boring after a while,collect,collect,collect.

Fable2 is actually the only rpg i finished.
    I am playing Fable 2 right now, well I have already beaten it once, but the game seemed empty to me. I like the "collect, collect, collect" games as you put it. My favorite game to date would hands down be "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion". The game never ends, and it is the best $130 bucks I have ever spent for a video game. Why $130? I have the OG version, along with the GOTY edition.

That game is full of meaning, where fable 2 is just, go here, go there. Also Fable 2 cannot be categorized as an RPG. It is an action strategy game.

I got hooked on Oblivion, because I got hooked on "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind". Since then, I have been a Bethesda Softworks fan. I also just got finished with "Fallout 3". It is absolutely worth taking a look at.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Gears of War 2 is sick, my friend got me hooked on it until we OD'd on that game and got sick of it. Currently into Left 4 Dead.
    NSCA - CSCS
  27. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.94%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Gears of War 2 is sick, my friend got me hooked on it until we OD'd on that game and got sick of it. Currently into Left 4 Dead.
    I was watching someone play Left 4 Dead the other night. Looked pretty cool.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I was watching someone play Left 4 Dead the other night. Looked pretty cool.
    It's a sick 4 player co-op and its easy to pick up
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.94%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    It's a sick 4 player co-op and its easy to pick up
    The next game I will buy will be Resident Evil 5. Comes out March 13th I believe. RE4 is my thrid favorite all time game probably. Except for the classic NES/SNES/N64 games of course. All of those take priority.
  30. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%

I am playing Fable 2 right now, well I have already beaten it once, but the game seemed empty to me. I like the "collect, collect, collect" games as you put it. My favorite game to date would hands down be "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion". The game never ends, and it is the best $130 bucks I have ever spent for a video game. Why $130? I have the OG version, along with the GOTY edition.

That game is full of meaning, where fable 2 is just, go here, go there. Also Fable 2 cannot be categorized as an RPG. It is an action strategy game.

I got hooked on Oblivion, because I got hooked on "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind". Since then, I have been a Bethesda Softworks fan. I also just got finished with "Fallout 3". It is absolutely worth taking a look at.
    Did you purchase the expansion for the PS3? Loaded with new quests. I agree, though, ESO is the best RPG I have played.

My I.D. for both systems is El Positions.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.22%

I agree Oblivion was amazing. But after like 20 something hours i decided to take a break...then deleted my character, made a new one and was playing through the shivering isles expansion.

Mass Effect is an absolutely amazing 3rd person action/rpg. Great story, good graphics, unique game play. It beats the old KOTOR fans all to poo and back.
  32. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    I agree Oblivion was amazing. But after like 20 something hours i decided to take a break...then deleted my character, made a new one and was playing through the shivering isles expansion.

Mass Effect is an absolutely amazing 3rd person action/rpg. Great story, good graphics, unique game play. It beats the old KOTOR fans all to poo and back.
    You think so? I thought Mass Effect was ridiculously short.
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    You think so? I thought Mass Effect was ridiculously short.

That is true, to some extent. But it lasted about 20-25 hours for me. Did you explore the galaxy, do all the side missions that add into the story? Technically Oblivion is a very short game if you shoot straight through the main serious of quests. Plus like oblivion it has replay value.
  34. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    That is true, to some extent. But it lasted about 20-25 hours for me. Did you explore the galaxy, do all the side missions that add into the story? Technically Oblivion is a very short game if you shoot straight through the main serious of quests. Plus like oblivion it has replay value.
    I did try to complete many side-missions but, unfortunately for my RPG experiences, I am very much a goals-oriented person. When doing side-quests I feel the game loses some luster, if that makes any bit of sense.

This being said, Mass Effect was rendered phenomenally, the story is rich, deep and compelling, and the over-the-shoulder style adds much to the game. I disliked, however, the way in which the game pauses when you need to alter 'powers'. I would rather see a click-wheel setup such as Oblivion.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.96%

Quote Originally Posted by soseg View Post
    Its what, 50-100 dollars a year? thats ridiculously cheap.
    Either way no competition. I'll leave it at that!
    If you multiply that by how many xbox users have online accounts it would probably come out to a pretty substantial amount. Xbox live is better, because it actually makes money unlike sony online.
  36. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.83%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

The next game I will buy will be Resident Evil 5. Comes out March 13th I believe. RE4 is my thrid favorite all time game probably. Except for the classic NES/SNES/N64 games of course. All of those take priority.
    me too!! i can't wait for this new one its gonna be good..
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.49%

I finally received my repaired xbox today. Works like a champ again. I haven't been on live in some months, and the new online interface is freakin' sweet!

Blows PS3 out of the water in that department. Time to invest in GOW2.

Legendary

38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.49%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    me too!! i can't wait for this new one its gonna be good..
    Resident Evil is by far my favorite series over the years. It's survival horror at its best.

The 4th edition for the game cube was absolutely awesome! I've watched a few trailers for resident evil 5, and the game just looks unreal. Can't wait!

Legendary

39. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%

I liked the end where you could choose to be be rich, get a mansion, and then turn yourself into a women.

Yeah but i played oblivion for about 30 hours, but after that i couldnt. Its very addictive at first, but it gets tiring quick for me. But i understand why you like them.

The best RPG's were on the Playstation 1(for me),the final fantasy series, especially 7 and 9.
  40. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%

Resident Evil is by far my favorite series over the years. It's survival horror at its best.

The 4th edition for the game cube was absolutely awesome! I've watched a few trailers for resident evil 5, and the game just looks unreal. Can't wait!
    Also hard as hell to beat though.

Did anyone find GTA4 difficult? Those games were always hard for me.

Similar Forum Threads

1. I may get a xbox 360 for this title alone
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 02:15 AM
  2. Does anyone here have Xbox Live?
    By JBlaze in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 01:04 AM
  3. XBox Live users...
    By bigpetefox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21