JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anybody here play?

I have never been a gamer and havent had a game system since nintendo, I had a playstation but never played it.. so about 3 months ago I got a xbox and last month got xbox live and must say I think I am addicted.. I find myself playin gears of war2 and call of duty all the time now..

looking to see if anyone here plays aswell?

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yeap. I pretty much only play call of duty modern warfare. I love that game!!!!! Its great after im done working out and just fill like chillin and eating. I wa never much of a tv man. :p BUt yeah if you never played that game. Get it! Mucho Mucho fun!

g35driver2003

g35driver2003

Awards
I just play Halo 3 sometime and use it to download songs for Rockband 2 :D

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my call of duty is world at war.. it is rented so maybe when I bring it back I will get modern warfare..im not a huge fan of first person views though.. I like over the shoulder ALOT better, Gears is my favorite now..

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
my call of duty is world at war.. it is rented so maybe when I bring it back I will get modern warfare..im not a huge fan of first person views though.. I like over the shoulder ALOT better, Gears is my favorite now..
Yeah havent played GOW though i know i owuld enjot it though. But i love how modern warfare is so realistic! plus online theres always something new to do and it never gets old.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
I've got a 360 but dont play online :(

Not a lot of time recently. If I do play then its COD4/COD:WaW on PC tho. I cant play FPS on consoles. Need a mouse.

Tho I hear xbox-live is sweet and sony/nintendo cant offer anything close. This generation of console wars goes to Microsoft. (oh man I fear a nerd fight coming if anyone objects to this!)

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
I've got a 360 but dont play online :(

Not a lot of time recently. If I do play then its COD4/COD:WaW on PC tho. I cant play FPS on consoles. Need a mouse.

Tho I hear xbox-live is sweet and sony/nintendo cant offer anything close. This generation of console wars goes to Microsoft. (oh man I fear a nerd fight coming if anyone objects to this!)
One consideration is xbox live cost money and playstation online is free. I heard the same thing though.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
One consideration is xbox live cost money and playstation online is free. I heard the same thing though.
Its what, 50-100 dollars a year? thats ridiculously cheap.
Either way no competition. I'll leave it at that!

dirtydeweyjr

Awards
i play COD4 on xbox live everyday. headquarters or HCTD. 1:1 ratio, always running and gunning.

gamertag: dirtydeweyjr

clan: [YCS] i'm old school, Your Clan Sucks

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The "Red Ring Of Death" fell on my xbox 360 right before christmas, but it's being shipped back to me as we speak after being fixed.

I think xbox live is leaps and bounds better than PS3's online community set-up, imo. I love my PS3 as well as it's a fantastic system in different ways, but xbox wins the online battle.

I love some COD4 on xbox live! :)

My gamertag on xbox is: Trauma 1

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
$50 a year is nothing lol. I like the over the shoulder views as well, but I mainly play RPG/Action Strategy games. Fallout 3 was pretty fun. I am a big Bethesda Softworks fan though. I have the Orange Box and was thinking about getting Live so I could play TF2 with the guys I work with.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
$50 a year is nothing lol. I like the over the shoulder views as well, but I mainly play RPG/Action Strategy games. Fallout 3 was pretty fun. I am a big Bethesda Softworks fan though. I have the Orange Box and was thinking about getting Live so I could play TF2 with the guys I work with.
I agree, it's not much for what you get with xbox live. They did a great job with their online set-up.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree, it's not much for what you get with xbox live. They did a great job with their online set-up.
The interface is nice, it actually works, and you get all kinds of free content etc... PS3's interface is far inferior and should in fact, be free.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The interface is nice, it actually works, and you get all kinds of free content etc... PS3's interface is far inferior and should in fact, be free.
Agreed, yet people still b*tch they have to pay $50.00/year to use it. :think:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so whats everyones gamer tags? mine is: BJJ Josh,

I have a blockbuster rental account so I am about to return call of suty and rent something else, what is a good online game? I like over the shoulder views, strategy, story line games I see up top fallout 3 and orange box were mentioned, I never played them are they worth renting??

Was thinking about the saints row 2 (part 1 was fun) or left for dead.. any suggestions?

Maybe we can get some AM gaming going on

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
so whats everyones gamer tags? mine is: BJJ Josh,

I have a blockbuster rental account so I am about to return call of suty and rent something else, what is a good online game? I like over the shoulder views, strategy, story line games I see up top fallout 3 and orange box were mentioned, I never played them are they worth renting??

Was thinking about the saints row 2 (part 1 was fun) or left for dead.. any suggestions?

Maybe we can get some AM gaming going on
I still have a Silver Membership, but will renew my yearly this weekend. I will keep an eye out for you. I am not sure if Fallout 3 is an online game or not. Co-op maybe?

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
dont have live but i play alot. currently all i have is Halo 3, Turok, and Call of Duty: World At War. right now i have all the achievements for COD except deathcards, and all for Halo 3, except 1 skull and 10 head shots.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it has a Co-op mode online i have played it(no joke) right now i am currently doing most of my dueling on Left 4 Dead, GOW2, and COD

My xbox has been at home this first week of school but i should have it and my new Vizio set up tonite :D

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i used to be so into games,

But now i usually only play GOW (and call of duty modern warfare was great too.)

COD world at war suck mucho. stop making world war 2 games, i didnt like them when they first came out.

im pretty f----- good at GOW

gamertag:Marsvoltatripre

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Im on.......alot. Being stuck in boring ass North Carolina

gt: thaOrleanyte

Gears of War 2 is the real ****....... i accept any challenge

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i used to be so into games,

But now i usually only play GOW (and call of duty modern warfare was great too.)

COD world at war suck mucho. stop making world war 2 games, i didnt like them when they first came out.

im pretty f----- good at GOW

gamertag:Marsvoltatripre
A Civil War game with muskets and **** would be BADASS! I would buy it...

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did you play Fable 2. That game was fun, becuase it was so easy. You cant die in the game.

I used to play some rpg's but they get boring after a while,collect,collect,collect.

Fable2 is actually the only rpg i finished.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I play. I have just about every game out that is worthwhile(GOW2, L4d,COD4, CodWAW,Endwar,Rainbow Six:Vegas 2, so on, so on) I would recommend Left 4 dead to anyone, that game is amazing fun, and overly addictive.

g35driver2003

g35driver2003

Awards
The "Red Ring Of Death" fell on my xbox 360 right before christmas, but it's being shipped back to me as we speak after being fixed.

I think xbox live is leaps and bounds better than PS3's online community set-up, imo. I love my PS3 as well as it's a fantastic system in different ways, but xbox wins the online battle.

I love some COD4 on xbox live! :)

My gamertag on xbox is: Trauma 1
lol thats good money. People sell their broken Xbox's, I send it back to Microsoft, I get a new one that works, mod it, sell it. Make $$$$

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Did you play Fable 2. That game was fun, becuase it was so easy. You cant die in the game.

I used to play some rpg's but they get boring after a while,collect,collect,collect.

Fable2 is actually the only rpg i finished.
I am playing Fable 2 right now, well I have already beaten it once, but the game seemed empty to me. I like the "collect, collect, collect" games as you put it. My favorite game to date would hands down be "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion". The game never ends, and it is the best $130 bucks I have ever spent for a video game. Why $130? I have the OG version, along with the GOTY edition.

That game is full of meaning, where fable 2 is just, go here, go there. Also Fable 2 cannot be categorized as an RPG. It is an action strategy game. :)

I got hooked on Oblivion, because I got hooked on "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind". Since then, I have been a Bethesda Softworks fan. I also just got finished with "Fallout 3". It is absolutely worth taking a look at.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gears of War 2 is sick, my friend got me hooked on it until we OD'd on that game and got sick of it. Currently into Left 4 Dead.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Gears of War 2 is sick, my friend got me hooked on it until we OD'd on that game and got sick of it. Currently into Left 4 Dead.
I was watching someone play Left 4 Dead the other night. Looked pretty cool.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's a sick 4 player co-op and its easy to pick up :thumbsup:
The next game I will buy will be Resident Evil 5. Comes out March 13th I believe. RE4 is my thrid favorite all time game probably. Except for the classic NES/SNES/N64 games of course. All of those take priority. :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am playing Fable 2 right now, well I have already beaten it once, but the game seemed empty to me. I like the "collect, collect, collect" games as you put it. My favorite game to date would hands down be "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion". The game never ends, and it is the best $130 bucks I have ever spent for a video game. Why $130? I have the OG version, along with the GOTY edition.

That game is full of meaning, where fable 2 is just, go here, go there. Also Fable 2 cannot be categorized as an RPG. It is an action strategy game. :)

I got hooked on Oblivion, because I got hooked on "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind". Since then, I have been a Bethesda Softworks fan. I also just got finished with "Fallout 3". It is absolutely worth taking a look at.
Did you purchase the expansion for the PS3? Loaded with new quests. I agree, though, ESO is the best RPG I have played.

My I.D. for both systems is El Positions.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I agree Oblivion was amazing. But after like 20 something hours i decided to take a break...then deleted my character, made a new one and was playing through the shivering isles expansion.

Mass Effect is an absolutely amazing 3rd person action/rpg. Great story, good graphics, unique game play. It beats the old KOTOR fans all to poo and back.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree Oblivion was amazing. But after like 20 something hours i decided to take a break...then deleted my character, made a new one and was playing through the shivering isles expansion.

Mass Effect is an absolutely amazing 3rd person action/rpg. Great story, good graphics, unique game play. It beats the old KOTOR fans all to poo and back.
You think so? I thought Mass Effect was ridiculously short.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
You think so? I thought Mass Effect was ridiculously short.

That is true, to some extent. But it lasted about 20-25 hours for me. Did you explore the galaxy, do all the side missions that add into the story? Technically Oblivion is a very short game if you shoot straight through the main serious of quests. Plus like oblivion it has replay value.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is true, to some extent. But it lasted about 20-25 hours for me. Did you explore the galaxy, do all the side missions that add into the story? Technically Oblivion is a very short game if you shoot straight through the main serious of quests. Plus like oblivion it has replay value.
I did try to complete many side-missions but, unfortunately for my RPG experiences, I am very much a goals-oriented person. When doing side-quests I feel the game loses some luster, if that makes any bit of sense.

This being said, Mass Effect was rendered phenomenally, the story is rich, deep and compelling, and the over-the-shoulder style adds much to the game. I disliked, however, the way in which the game pauses when you need to alter 'powers'. I would rather see a click-wheel setup such as Oblivion.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Its what, 50-100 dollars a year? thats ridiculously cheap.
Either way no competition. I'll leave it at that!
If you multiply that by how many xbox users have online accounts it would probably come out to a pretty substantial amount. Xbox live is better, because it actually makes money unlike sony online.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The next game I will buy will be Resident Evil 5. Comes out March 13th I believe. RE4 is my thrid favorite all time game probably. Except for the classic NES/SNES/N64 games of course. All of those take priority. :)
me too!! i can't wait for this new one its gonna be good..

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I finally received my repaired xbox today. Works like a champ again. I haven't been on live in some months, and the new online interface is freakin' sweet!

Blows PS3 out of the water in that department. Time to invest in GOW2. :thumbsup:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
me too!! i can't wait for this new one its gonna be good..
Resident Evil is by far my favorite series over the years. It's survival horror at its best.

The 4th edition for the game cube was absolutely awesome! I've watched a few trailers for resident evil 5, and the game just looks unreal. Can't wait!

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I liked the end where you could choose to be be rich, get a mansion, and then turn yourself into a women.

Yeah but i played oblivion for about 30 hours, but after that i couldnt. Its very addictive at first, but it gets tiring quick for me. But i understand why you like them.

The best RPG's were on the Playstation 1(for me),the final fantasy series, especially 7 and 9.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Resident Evil is by far my favorite series over the years. It's survival horror at its best.

The 4th edition for the game cube was absolutely awesome! I've watched a few trailers for resident evil 5, and the game just looks unreal. Can't wait!
Also hard as hell to beat though.

Did anyone find GTA4 difficult? Those games were always hard for me.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whose played super mario galaxy?

i really liked that game.

Only game on the Wii that didnt suck a farton.

Its way overpriced. Theyre making a killing just on console sales.

and the motion controls for the most part are a gimic.

Then i sold it. I cant believe everyone is buying this crappy device.

I cant wait for 3d gaming though, that will be fun.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah but i played oblivion for about 30 hours, but after that i couldnt. Its very addictive at first, but it gets tiring quick for me. But i understand why you like them.

The best RPG's were on the Playstation 1(for me),the final fantasy series, especially 7 and 9.
FF7 is probably in my top 5 of all time.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I still have my FF7, and the guide. They sell for a bit now actually. 8 was ok, 9 blew.

I have super mario galaxy, its the best mario since the NESS/SNES days. Mario 64 was good too.

I am playing through GTA 4, great game and i dont think the difficulty is too bad. In fact its the best balance ive seen in the series.

Any one ever get into the Grand Turismo games?

Im thinking maybe we could all make a GOW2 team and do some damage online, it seems we all play that. I would also be interested in some L4D game time. I hate playing with idiots.

my gamer tag is: CxC Preacher

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

ME seemed short, I agree with that. For some reason I felt like I was lonley in that game lol. The environment was weird etc... I like the Medieval setting better I guess. Mass Effect was a great game. I have close to 250 hrs in Oblivion, spanned across 3 characters. There was a time for a couple months where I would play 12hrs a day on the weekends.

Regardless of how much I love gaming, I never let it get in the way of my diet and training. You can bet on that!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I still have my FF7, and the guide. They sell for a bit now actually. 8 was ok, 9 blew.

I have super mario galaxy, its the best mario since the NESS/SNES days. Mario 64 was good too.

I am playing through GTA 4, great game and i dont think the difficulty is too bad. In fact its the best balance ive seen in the series.

Any one ever get into the Grand Turismo games?

Im thinking maybe we could all make a GOW2 team and do some damage online, it seems we all play that. I would also be interested in some L4D game time. I hate playing with idiots.

I love the Gran Turismo games!

Galaxy was supposed to be the best Mario since the 64 version. I still don't have a Wii yet. :(

I am going to pick up xbox live this weekend.

My gamer tag is: Ndecent Exposre

Careful of the spelling. :thumbsup:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

lets make it happen... I am addicted to gears2 and always looking for people to play with I hate when I get stuck with douchebags online

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
post up some gamer tags!!

mine is thaOrleanyte

same as the name

GOW2 is the speacialty

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Someone create an official Xbox Live gamer tag thread! Could be fun!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tyga tyga General Chat 5
R1balla General Chat 0
CEDeoudes59 General Chat 0
JBlaze General Chat 23
bigpetefox General Chat 21