ANy new PS3 owners?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
...I got one for xmas and picked up Resistance.. played through that and then Resistance 2... After finding out that I can play online, I ...can't ...quit.:nono:

So any of ya'll here have the same problem? ...who can I snipe in a 60 person deathmatch? :lol:

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
No PS3, but got my kids a Wii and Guitar Hero Legends of Rock and World Tour.
You talk about addicting! It's BAD!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got a PS3 for christmas as well. My Xbox 360 is currently at microsoft getting fixed, but i really like the PS3. Right now i'm totally engrossed in Call Of Duty: World At War, and Socom:Confrontation.

I have resistance 2, but haven't played it too much yet. Check out killzone 2 that comes out at the end of next month for the PS3, it looks sick!

Edit: Online deathmatches are indeed very addicting! :D

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I got my kids an X-box360 I have not sat down and played any games yet.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
My roommate got a PS3 for xmas too. He got a few games and plays Dead Space the most in particular. Its hilarious being in the other room and hearing him let out a scream like a 10 year old girl because an alien attacks him from out of nowhere. That makes life worth living :rofl:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My roommate got a PS3 for xmas too. He got a few games and plays Dead Space the most in particular. Its hilarious being in the other room and hearing him let out a scream like a 10 year old girl because an alien attacks him from out of nowhere. That makes life worth living :rofl:
LOL!!! I love it! :lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol, that's classic. The 'Resident Evil' series used to do that to me when i was younger.....oh hell, it still does! :lol:

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
I get my kicks out of it everytime. Nothing like seeing the girly side of a 25 year old guy playing games.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I was at a LAN party a few weeks ago and we all played Left for Dead (PC) (among a few other games). If that's available for PS3, GET THAT GAME! It is so freaking awesome...you'll laugh your ass off as your zombie character barfs on an opponent and 50 zombies come sprinting in from all directions, jacking the p!ss out of them! Sick game...loads of zombies w/special powers, tons of shooting, cussing......multiplayer of course :)

Hint: Don't piss off the b!tch ass witch standing alone in the dark.....hoe will get crazy on you. You'll see :lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was at a LAN party a few weeks ago and we all played Left for Dead (PC) (among a few other games). If that's available for PS3, GET THAT GAME! It is so freaking awesome...you'll laugh your ass off as your zombie character barfs on an opponent and 50 zombies come sprinting in from all directions, jacking the p!ss out of them! Sick game...loads of zombies w/special powers, tons of shooting, cussing......multiplayer of course :)

Hint: Don't piss off the b!tch ass witch standing alone in the dark.....hoe will get crazy on you. You'll see :lol:
I believe it's only on the Xbox 360, but i'm definitely going to pick it up when xbox ships me mine back! It does look fun as sh*t!

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I bought a PS2 and Rock Band. I would have bought the PS3, had it not cost $400. I don't play games much anymore, plus I have a pretty good gaming computer that can play most modern games on moderate settings.

I just wanted to play Rock Band, so the $120 PS2 was the way to go for me. I also have an Xbox (old one).

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I got a PS3 for christmas as well. My Xbox 360 is currently at microsoft getting fixed, but i really like the PS3. Right now i'm totally engrossed in Call Of Duty: World At War, and Socom:Confrontation.

I have resistance 2, but haven't played it too much yet. Check out killzone 2 that comes out at the end of next month for the PS3, it looks sick!

Edit: Online deathmatches are indeed very addicting! :D

lol- killzone 2 is what got me to get the ps3. I have it pre-ordered.
Sorry to hear about your 360- you should just let Microsoft keep it :p
I got Call of duty WaW , its a great looking game, but the aiming on it it too cluttered for me. I can't see what Im shooting at!

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
I got Call of duty WaW , its a great looking game, but the aiming on it it too cluttered for me. I can't see what Im shooting at!
Oh man, Wii makes a "zapper" that is great for that.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had their PS crash, is the PS3 any good?
lol- with 7 core processors + 1 for ,.. um,.. redundancy, I'd say

I have seen video of a bunch of games, and compared to my ps2 (which has treated me very nice for 8+ years) its quite a difference.
Add a blu-ray player on top of that, and the ability to stream online TV, use my computer as a media server and a web browser on it too, it's quite a jump from what I have been used to.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I was at a LAN party a few weeks ago
NERD!! *j/k*

I've had a ps3 for a bit over a year now and I like role playing games, which is one area sony is really lacking in so far. I'm looking forward to the ps3 release of the Last Remnant in april.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
NERD!! *j/k*

I've had a ps3 for a bit over a year now and I like role playing games, which is one area sony is really lacking in so far. I'm looking forward to the ps3 release of the Last Remnant in april.
I thought that looked good too! I mean real good!
Supposedly, some of the previews/reviews had a few problems with it for whatever reason.
But they pick at more then how fun a game is.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
I bought me an Xbox360 after christmas with Rock Band, talk about an addict man. Gears of War is a bad game man! I love my late christmas present.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
NERD!! *j/k*

Oh wow you have NO idea how DORKIFIED this LAN party was...but FUN AS SH!T! Seriously...my buddy's living room had a couch and 2-3 banquet tables JAMMED full of PCs and gamer laptops. There was a huge surge protector on the floor and all outlets were jammed. LAN cables all over.....shades were down on the windows to keep it darker in there.....just a ton of dudes getting their geek on! LOL.....crazy fun though. :thumbsup::head:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a PS3 and 360 now, and it has definitely solidified my opinions of the two: PS3 is by far a superior machine, while 360 is a superior gaming console.

This being said, the Xenos [XBOX 360 processor] most likely outperforms the Cell [PS3] in actual gaming scenarios. The Cell processor memory distribution and instruction is such that only one core is used for gaming, while 7 are used to operate the OS [due to all the features]; on the other hand, 98% of the three cores of the 360 goes to gaming applications. This also makes it easier to code, which is why the graphics are not that much different between the two machines, despite the apparent advantage of the PS3!

It is undeniable, though, that the PS3 has a far greater multimedia capacity. So, if you can afford both - do! If you are looking solely for a gaming system, 360 is the only route.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a PS3 and 360 now, and it has definitely solidified my opinions of the two: PS3 is by far a superior machine, while 360 is a superior gaming console.

This being said, the Xenos [XBOX 360 processor] most likely outperforms the Cell [PS3] in actual gaming scenarios. The Cell processor memory distribution and instruction is such that only one core is used for gaming, while 7 are used to operate the OS [due to all the features]; on the other hand, 98% of the three cores of the 360 goes to gaming applications. This also makes it easier to code, which is why the graphics are not that much different between the two machines, despite the apparent advantage of the PS3!

It is undeniable, though, that the PS3 has a far greater multimedia capacity. So, if you can afford both - do! If you are looking solely for a gaming system, 360 is the only route.
The complexity of the 8 cores of the PS3 is also why we have seen little in the way of small publishing house game development. It is far easier to develop a game on the 360!

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
I have both 360 and PS3...If anyone wants to hit up socom let me know. my PS name is mindgamewords I personally like the 360 better because its easier to navigate and to me its better for online play.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have both 360 and PS3...If anyone wants to hit up socom let me know. my PS name is mindgamewords I personally like the 360 better because its easier to navigate and to me its better for online play.
I agree on all accounts. The online gaming experience is FAR better on the xbox 360 imo. I wish they would fix all the bugs with socom right now though. The 1.30 patch still didn't address some of the issues.

I'm Trauma79 on the PS3.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
ight trauma Ill add you tonight. I go to work tomorrow so i wont be back til sunday.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ight trauma Ill add you tonight. I go to work tomorrow so i wont be back til sunday.
Tis all good. Socom is the sh*t when it's done right!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Im loucando on PS3 call of duty: world at war! I have 0 Friends :( lol but put in a fair amount of hours once or twice a week lately. Add me and prepare for MP40 massacre!

P.S i prefer the PS3 due to the controller layout- and bluray player.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
the blue ray is where its at! especially on my 52" HD

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im loucando on PS3 call of duty: world at war! I have 0 Friends :( lol but put in a fair amount of hours once or twice a week lately. Add me and prepare for MP40 massacre!

World At War is a bad azz game. I'm addicted to it myself right now. I used to think i liked the playstation controller better, but i actually like the xbox controller better. It's something to do with the action of the joysticks that i find more adequate.

Hit me up next time you're on bro!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

El Positions here. COD: WOW is probably the second-best, if not best, in the franchise, IMO. My little brother and his friends despise it for whatever reason.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
mine is 52, 1080P, LCD. what kind of surround sound you have? my is an onkyo hook up. 7.1 effing awesome sound.
I only have 5.1, but the 7.1 must sound unbelievable [I am using a 40" 1080p, the Samsung LN40A650]. I am not sure the variety of movies that are coded for 7.1, though. I know LucasArts films are!

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
mostly form what i heard nothing is really for 7.1 yet. but i have read blue ray movies are and TRU HD Sound is the mofo best!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
mostly form what i heard nothing is really for 7.1 yet. but i have read blue ray movies are and TRU HD Sound is the mofo best!
It's unbelievably crisp. BluRays even sound phenomenal through my 5.1! Watching a BluRay and/or playing games - despite what my Fiancee says :lol: - is worth every penny.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
mine is 52, 1080P, LCD. what kind of surround sound you have? my is an onkyo hook up. 7.1 effing awesome sound.
Technics CD, reciever, tape and EQ with nuance speakers.

Edited.

Last edited:
mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
o yea i cant really turn my subs on unless its during the day kuz it rattles my neighbors wall so they complain.

/back on topic

anyone seen darknight on the ps3? amazing

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I still use the crap out of my PS2, I think I should finally go get my PS3. lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol I will. I am always behind on things like that. I am so busy I just don't get things on time. hah
Lol - I hear ya man. I planted the seed with the wife during the christmas season. :D Mission accomplished!

With the wife and i starting a family, and my continuation in school for my masters in nursing, my gaming time will be basically non-existant eventually. :(

I'll enjoy it while it lasts though, haha!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
K im going to add El positions = mullet and Trauma79 = Trauma1. On my Ps3 tonight, if i get to go home. Wicked ive never really played much with guys i know... sorta. I just have to figure out the mic on it. I think the ps3 mic is better than the cheap bluetooth headset ive been trying to run. I go no mic 99% of the time, so id better figure it out.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

All points debateable; ask a programmer for each.
I have not had ANY slowdowns while playing huge matches online. Not one frame rate issue, not one lag-

Just because 360 uses the majority of its processing power, doesn't mean it's outputting more power.

What is comes down to is the debate on graphics rendering before processing, or after processing -
Apparently, the two methoeds both produce excellant results, ...insert some muscle car analogy here about highend vs low end torque :lol:

The 360 has also been out for 2 years longer I beleive, allolwing for programming to become more simplified and advanced, yet the output right now is about the max for the 360. Considering the ps3 at it's release could output a more crisp rendering of the same image, the ps3 is nowhere near is full capabilities in yet.

The 3760 does have the advantage of offering an execelant online gaming expirence at a HUGE difference in price though. lol, the Game stop where I live will not be excepting any more 360 games for trade in becasue of the current amount they have- that I have neve seen them do before.

...as I dropped $55 resistance 2

But this discussion has been raging for some time now- And when I listed every aspect on both side by side, it was fairly obvious. ...although, it did take me over 2 years to justify the cost of the ps3

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
..I need to post a HD vid of Killzone 2 for those who need persuading... :nutkick:

Holy CRAP! - I only have 112 rep!?!?!?!? -damnit! Everytime I get up there,.. I'm alwayssss brought back down :p

YouTube - KILLZONE 2 (HD) GAMEPLAY

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/okMqAvvC1ZU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/okMqAvvC1ZU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Last edited:
ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Sony has the right idea w/ the PS3's BlueRay capability. It's tough to find a BlueRay player for less than $200. So, to compare apples to apples, the price of the PS3 isn't too far off from the 360 (if you add the price of a BlueRay player to the 360 price).

Not many movies have been coded in 7.1 (DD-EX, DTS-ES). I've had my Onkyo HTIB since 2003, and it has 7.1 capabilities. But, I have only seen a handful of movies that support this.

One thing I wish was more popular was the Dolby Headphone DSP. I have some nice Sennhieser headphones that would sound great utilizing DH.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did! :D My brother is a programmer and will not leave me alone.

I have not had ANY slowdowns while playing huge matches online. Not one frame rate issue, not one lag-

Just because 360 uses the majority of its processing power, doesn't mean it's outputting more power.

What is comes down to is the debate on graphics rendering before processing, or after processing -
Apparently, the two methoeds both produce excellant results, ...insert some muscle car analogy here about highend vs low end torque :lol:

The 360 has also been out for 2 years longer I beleive, allolwing for programming to become more simplified and advanced, yet the output right now is about the max for the 360. Considering the ps3 at it's release could output a more crisp rendering of the same image, the ps3 is nowhere near is full capabilities in yet.
This is all true, but: I do not think the PS3 will ever reach full capacity. Coding the data in the segmented manner necessary to utilize all, or even most, of PS3's cores for gaming applications is almost impossible. PS3's processors are apt for mechanistic data that can be passed from SPE to SPE - seeing as each aside from the main processor may only access 256kb memory. This essentially means coding multi-thread data piece-by-piece. On the other hand, the devotion of the Xenos' to gaming means that 'chunk' data can be processed on a single thread, but be devoted to physics, rendering and so forth with more dedicated memory to gaming!

However, I have heard rumblings that the Open GL system is easier to write on than first thought.

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
Have GTA4, user name jomak1 look me up if you want to battle!
:numbered:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
..I need to post a HD vid of Killzone 2 for those who need persuading... :nutkick:

Holy CRAP! - I only have 112 rep!?!?!?!? -damnit! Everytime I get up there,.. I'm alwayssss brought back down :p

YouTube - KILLZONE 2 (HD) GAMEPLAY

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/okMqAvvC1ZU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/okMqAvvC1ZU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
It seriously looks unreal!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The 3760 does have the advantage of offering an execelant online gaming expirence at a HUGE difference in price though. lol, the Game stop where I live will not be excepting any more 360 games for trade in becasue of the current amount they have- that I have neve seen them do before.

...as I dropped $55 resistance 2

But this discussion has been raging for some time now- And when I listed every aspect on both side by side, it was fairly obvious. ...although, it did take me over 2 years to justify the cost of the ps3
I was talking to the guy at the game stop near my house, and i thought he had said it was the original xbox games that were no longer going to be accepted beacause nobody was buying them. I think this is the last month you can, however.