Any doctors or pharmacists out there?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Just curious how many medical doctors, pharmacists, nurses, etc. that we had in the community :).

cjszip

cjszip

Awards
Just started going back to college. Currently getting ready to Transfer to WCU for Kinesiology and Exercise Science pre-physical therapist school.

I know it isn't what you were looking for, but I figured since no one else has responded, I'd throw it out there that I'm hoping to attain P.T.A or P.T

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Sweet, yeah I guess none of them browse the general section ;)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Trauma is a ..nurse..murse..uhm, male nurse! Yeah that sounds better!

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
I'm a Registered Dietitian...that counts, kinda.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Work in a Doctors office.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
scientist if that counts for pharmacology and previously toxicology.....I study the drugs before they are on market LoL

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
hello! im studying to be a pharmacist. I work in the pharmacy as a tech as of now in my 2nd year of college. :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I slept at a holiday inn express last night, so today i'm not a murse, but a rocket scientist!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:thumbsup:
Actually today is my 30th B-day as well. Damn, where has the time gone.

I'm in the process of enrolling in a nurse practitoner program as we speak. I've thought about nurse anesthetist, but right now the practitoner role would seem to fit my personality and lifestyle better.

It will be a rough 2 years, but i'm finally ready to get back in the saddle and get'r done.

Are you back from the honeymoon yet, lake?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

I'm in the process of enrolling in a nurse practitoner program as we speak. I've thought about nurse anesthetist, but right now the practitoner role would seem to fit my personality and lifestyle better.
Good luck bro. Do you have a certain area you want to go into once you become a practitioner?

My wife just went though a similar crossroad, and decided to go the same route as you and opt for the practitioner rather then anesthetist, she is currently an ICU nurce.. I think it is a 4yr program though, to get her doctorate in nursing.

Happy B-Day too! Enjoy.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck bro. Do you have a certain area you want to go into once you become a practitioner?

My wife just went though a similar crossroad, and decided to go the same route as you and opt for the practitioner rather then anesthetist, she is currently an ICU nurce.. I think it is a 4yr program though, to get her doctorate in nursing.

Happy B-Day too! Enjoy.
I'm not sure where i would want to work yet. I do like cardiology and ortho, but the E.R. gives you a good variety overall.

I may have to do this part time though since we plan on starting a family as of current, so in time i'll get it done. I already have 8 years vested in the E.R. as an RN, so i may venture off to something else for a bit.

Thanks man! Big 30! :head:

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established

It will be a rough 2 years, but i'm finally ready to get back in the saddle and get'r done.

Are you back from the honeymoon yet, lake?
Yeah finally back from the freezing weather :).

Cardiology would be great, I love it. But I, too, am looking into critical care in the field of pharmacy right now as well.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Currently Finance, but on the verge of possibly going over to endocrinology. One of my buddies is going to pharmacology and he posts on here occasionally.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
US Navy Hospital Corpsman assigned to USMC Artillery and Infantry, just got out a month ago...my job was a mix between clinical medicine, paramedic, nursing, and physician assistant and pharmacist depending on where I was...my best work was done in paramedic stuff and pharmacy stuff (I like all kinds of drugs and physiology behind them :) )

cgcrz8

Awards
Will finally be done with medical school in May....Thank God LOL...but then there is that lovely residency :nutkick:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
cjszip

cjszip

Awards
US Navy Hospital Corpsman assigned to USMC Artillery and Infantry, just got out a month ago...my job was a mix between clinical medicine, paramedic, nursing, and physician assistant and pharmacist depending on where I was...my best work was done in paramedic stuff and pharmacy stuff (I like all kinds of drugs and physiology behind them :) )

I just got out as well. I was CLS-I and CLS-II certified (parametic-emphasis only). Our medic was a former Ranger medic who completed SF medical course work. Pretty interesting job. Wish I would have gotten started there instead of my job (Recon).

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will finally be done with medical school in May....Thank God LOL...but then there is that lovely residency :nutkick:
Just remember to be good to the nursing staff during your residency, it's not a good thing to be the intern/resident the nursing staff doesn't like. ;)

Good luck with your residency. Have you been accepted into a program yet?

cgcrz8

Awards
I definitely will be nice to nurses. You guys can make a resident's life hell if you wanted to LOL. Not yet, match is in march and i hope all goes well.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I definitely will be nice to nurses. You guys can make a resident's life hell if you wanted to LOL. Not yet, match is in march and i hope all goes well.
Very true, lol. ;)

I've always been pretty lucky though, our team in the E.R. where i work all get along great. Everybody compliments each other very well. In the end, it's all a learning process for us all. That's why we need to stick together, and take it as it comes. :cheers: